PDA

View Full Version : Any local hamster breeders?

Kathy@watten
15-Mar-10, 17:59
Hi am looking for a locally sourced hamster, anyone breed them? last one we had I am sure was of the feral variety that or sabre toothed variety, never the less we are embarking on a new hammy and would lke one from a known parentage...preferably known tame type! we have a super cage set up and keen kids who will ahndle and feed everyday....not a fad and will not be rehomed ina few months time...pets get homes for life!

chaz
15-Mar-10, 18:24
There used to be a breeder just up from frasers shop in thurso, maybe someone on thurso side will know who he is:)

ffg
15-Mar-10, 21:44
I have some rodents you can have they would like a warm house and loads of food and a little ham love not so sure they are hamsters tho but less vicious Im sure , take you to the bone those hamster things mind and stock up on the plasters , my h is playing up making typing difficult likely a bit of biscuit :cool: :roll:

Kathy@watten
15-Mar-10, 21:57
take it your H is on your keyboard? or is it a clue to a part of your anatomy that is failing you?

purplelady
15-Mar-10, 23:13
I have some rodents you can have they would like a warm house and loads of food and a little ham love not so sure they are hamsters tho but less vicious Im sure , take you to the bone those hamster things mind and stock up on the plasters , my h is playing up making typing difficult likely a bit of biscuit :cool: :roll:
Hamsters are not vicous our little lady was so sweet she would eat out of your hand it really depends on the hamster i still miss her so much x

Kathy@watten
16-Mar-10, 00:33
Sorry to hear of your recent loss purpleelady, I have had many lovely hammies in the past, shame our last one was a bit ravid! mine all loved a hardboiled egg....and were trained to pee in jam jars to make mucking out a more pleasant task. Looking for a large type hamster without a tendancy to instinctively bite on contact!

purplelady
16-Mar-10, 22:55
Sorry to hear of your recent loss purpleelady, I have had many lovely hammies in the past, shame our last one was a bit ravid! mine all loved a hardboiled egg....and were trained to pee in jam jars to make mucking out a more pleasant task. Looking for a large type hamster without a tendancy to instinctively bite on contact!
hope you find one kathy am still undecided wether I want another buffy loved egg too and lettice knew she was not herself when she never wanted it 2 days later she died x