PDA

View Full Version : inverness parking?

wicker
15-Mar-10, 16:48
Hi i am going to aberdeen in couple weeks time and am planning getting train from inverness, what i need to know is there anywhere near inverness railway station that does more than 24 parking, needing from friday til sunday. Any help or info be much appreciated

ducati
15-Mar-10, 16:58
Rose Street Car Park

riggerboy
15-Mar-10, 17:01
tesco ??, the hospital "raigmore" you get the bus from there to the station and it only cost a pound for the parking,

doyle
15-Mar-10, 17:36
We use the multi storey in Rose Street

fender
15-Mar-10, 22:24
Agree with the Rose Street car Park.

rainbow
15-Mar-10, 23:00
I agree - I was in Aberdeen for two days a week for some time - I couldn't cope with the road - nightmare so took the train. I just left my car in The Rose Street Car Park and never had any problems. Cheap and handy.

twiglet
15-Mar-10, 23:02
Rose street is your best bet.

Rictina
15-Mar-10, 23:30
Yip, Rose Street.

grandma
16-Mar-10, 10:52
There is a carpark at the railway station where you can leave your car for longer periods. Not so far to carry luggage.

Boozeburglar
16-Mar-10, 13:08
Hi i am going to aberdeen in couple weeks time and am planning getting train from inverness, what i need to know is there anywhere near inverness railway station that does more than 24 parking, needing from friday til sunday. Any help or info be much appreciated

Sent you a pm. :)

Perhaps people who think parking in the hospital is trouble free might think how that works out for people who need to go to the hospital and on arrival find they cannot park.

starry
16-Mar-10, 19:04
There is a carpark at the railway station where you can leave your car for longer periods. Not so far to carry luggage.

It works out quite expensive if you are leaving the car for any longer than a couple of hours.

Rose Street is cheaper and has 24 hr staff, unless they have cut back in last couple of months.
I used to use it a lot and quite often came in late when it was dark, there was really nice guy who used to walk me up to the car.
Which I could never remember where I had parked :roll:

Check before you buy your ticket as I think it may be free on Sunday.

©Amethyst
16-Mar-10, 19:50
Parking at the hospital wouldn't be a great idea. Someone may report your car as 'abandoned' as many people use that car park on a regular basis. As it happens, I work with people that park for work at the hospital and they struggle as it is to find parking when they have the right to be parking there. Well, not the right, but I hope you know what I mean.

I would suggest perhaps contacting the council. The lower level of the Rose St multi storey car park is private. I understand that you might be able to rent a space for one or two weeks (I don't know if they charge sunday to sunday or monday to monday etc).

I'm afraid I can't offer you parking on my street (2 mins from regular bus route) as there is rarely enough parking space for my housemate, and when we have people over with cars, neighbours may grumble.

grandma
17-Mar-10, 17:06
It works out quite expensive if you are leaving the car for any longer than a couple of hours.

Rose Street is cheaper and has 24 hr staff, unless they have cut back in last couple of months.
I used to use it a lot and quite often came in late when it was dark, there was really nice guy who used to walk me up to the car.
Which I could never remember where I had parked :roll:

Check before you buy your ticket as I think it may be free on Sunday.
It was £10 to leave it from Friday night to Sunday night. How cheap is the Rose Street car park?

starry
17-Mar-10, 18:25
Last time I used Rose Street it I was £6.00 from Friday lunchtime till Sunday night.

Scotrail must have changed their prices as when I priced it for the same times it was going to cost £18 (no free Sunday and £6 per day).

Sara Jevo
18-Mar-10, 10:04
I got the train to Edinburgh from Inverness yesterday morning.

I left my car in Rose St car park. It costs me #12 until Sunday PM.

I used to use the station car park, which is #5 a day, or #10 for three days, but rose st is better value, and it's covered.

It's #3 a day, with free parking on Sunday. Look under car parking on the council website.

I cant find the pound sign on this keyboard btw, lol

wicker
18-Mar-10, 13:16
Thank you everyone looks like rose street is where i will be parking, never done multi storey parking before god help side of car