PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog!

Olin
15-Mar-10, 16:46
The other day whilst out walking my dog it started to rain and I decided to put his jacket on him to keep him dry. After putting on the jacket I turned round for a minute and when I looked back he was gone!

It was near the beach in Thurso that this happened, approx 3pm on Sunday.

He is a Westie that answers to the name "Graham" or "come on doog" I know that sounds childish but that's just what he answers to!

If anyone has any info then please PM me!

And a notice to everyone with the lesson learned from this experience:

Don't buy your dog a camouflage jacket!!!!

S&LHEN
15-Mar-10, 17:00
Awww what a shame, Hopefully he will turn up soon xx

Kathy@watten
15-Mar-10, 17:22
Have you contacted the dog warden? she will be first on my list, the vets also hand healthy dogs over to her if handed in as do the vets as they no longer go to Balmore in the first instance...good luck finding graham!

mop top
15-Mar-10, 19:02
Hi

Apologies if i have picked this up wrong oilin but is your dog really missing or is the camaflague jacket just so good that you cant see him?

If he genuinely is missing please phone me tomorrow morning on 01955 607735

cheers

Sarah
15-Mar-10, 22:20
I do hope you find him.

teenybash
15-Mar-10, 22:25
What a worry.....hope the wee chap turns up soon......

Liz
15-Mar-10, 23:52
Really hope you find your wee dog soon!

Olin
16-Mar-10, 14:27
After reading all your replies I am now thankful that if my dog did go missing there are some decent caring people out there!

However this whole thread was a joke....

The joke being I put a camouflage jacket on him and it worked so well I couldn't see him.

Sorry but I couldn't resist!

Highland lad
16-Mar-10, 17:58
Not very funny.

Ash
17-Mar-10, 15:09
i laughed.... i thought straight away it was a joke :)

balto
17-Mar-10, 15:10
After reading all your replies I am now thankful that if my dog did go missing there are some decent caring people out there!

The joke being I put a camouflage jacket on him and it worked so well I couldn't see him.

Sorry but I couldn't resist!this should have been in the jokes section, not a sextion where people genuinaly care for animals, [evil]

porshiepoo
17-Mar-10, 15:11
Well I can see the funny side of it. :lol:
But maybe that's because I could see from the start that it was in fact a joke about the camouflage jacket.

Sarah
17-Mar-10, 20:44
this should have been in the jokes section, not a sextion where people genuinaly care for animals, [evil]

Have to agree!

Rictina
17-Mar-10, 20:52
I'm sorry but I dont find this thread amusing, maybe its just me I dunno. :(

carasmam
18-Mar-10, 11:27
After I read it the 2nd time I laughed too. I was just a bit slow on the uptake :lol:

mop top
18-Mar-10, 12:04
I saw the funny side of this as well and did pick up that it was a wind up. However did not want to appear to unsympathetic in case it was'nt!

dbooth82
18-Mar-10, 12:22
how childish,just as wel the dog warden picked up it was a joke as she woulda been lookin for a dog that isnt missing! i agree should be in the joke section!

Stavro
19-Mar-10, 00:02
The other day whilst out walking my dog it started to rain and I decided to put his jacket on him to keep him dry. After putting on the jacket I turned round for a minute and when I looked back he was gone!

It was near the beach in Thurso that this happened, approx 3pm on Sunday.

He is a Westie that answers to the name "Graham" or "come on doog" I know that sounds childish but that's just what he answers to!

If anyone has any info then please PM me!

And a notice to everyone with the lesson learned from this experience:

Don't buy your dog a camouflage jacket!!!!

Infantile.

stroma88
20-Mar-10, 14:26
haha!

i dont think it would have been as good if it was in the joke section
:)

balto
20-Mar-10, 18:37
what is it still doing in the pet section is beyond me, come on mods do your job.

northener
20-Mar-10, 18:55
Come on you lot, lighten up a bit.

Olin
22-Mar-10, 14:42
For all the people who got offended or even commented with "Infantile" I think you can calm yourselves right down.

First off this whole forum is a place where arguements break out over the slightest thing and a lot of the time over things that have nothing to do with the thread.

Secondly what actual harm did I do to anybody? Ok you may not get the vital 40 seconds back that it took you to read the thread and I apologise for wasting time.

I think people need to lighten up a bit on this forum and stop being so downright moody and always out to get someone or be right.

If it was such a big offence I would have been banned/warned and the thread would have been moved to the jokes section or deleted.

That's why they have people in place to do that and they obviously didn't find it as "hard to deal with" as some of you....

Shabbychic
22-Mar-10, 14:48
The minute I read "camouflage jacket", I knew it was in fun. Maybe you should have kept it till April 1st. :D

Olin
22-Mar-10, 16:57
The minute I read "camouflage jacket", I knew it was in fun. Maybe you should have kept it till April 1st. :D

Exactly! Most people who actually care more about what a thread says would have clicked and read it instead of some people who read a thread and rather than see what it's about or actually contribute properly they say "Hope it turns up soon" because then they LOOK better....

End of the day it was a joke on a forum formed about and for Caithness.

I am sure it will go down as a great moment in history and be taught to our kids and probably in the future to our talking dogs! (They might even be sporting camo jackets then too!) lol

Liz
22-Mar-10, 20:07
Exactly! Most people who actually care more about what a thread says would have clicked and read it instead of some people who read a thread and rather than see what it's about or actually contribute properly they say "Hope it turns up soon" because then they LOOK better....

End of the day it was a joke on a forum formed about and for Caithness.

I am sure it will go down as a great moment in history and be taught to our kids and probably in the future to our talking dogs! (They might even be sporting camo jackets then too!) lol

I have to take exception and say it wasn't clear that this was a joke. I did think it was but didn't want to say so in case it was actually true!

Having said that I wasn't offended and it was quite funny.

Ash87
22-Mar-10, 22:13
Must say I didnt realise it was a joke either.... can be a bit slow on the uptake at times :-s D'oh!!

But certainly wasnt offended by it, just had a wee chuckle :)

Jeid
23-Mar-10, 00:50
A+ thread, would read again

Miss Mack
11-Apr-10, 20:48

Sorry but I couldn't resist!
Having 2 dogs myself i was at first feeling sorry for you,...... then i read this and burst out laughing.... good one:lol: