PDA

View Full Version : Marina

Yvonne
20-May-06, 16:11
Am I correct in assuming that the influx of new stores, jobs etc; including M&S being built next may possibly be connected to the proposed plans for the Marina at Wick harbour? :)

Chillie
20-May-06, 16:23
Am I correct in assuming that the influx of new stores, jobs etc; including M&S being built next may possibly be connected to the proposed plans for the Marina at Wick harbour? :)

The so called Marina was subject to lottery funding or similiar , which I belive was rejected so I think there is somthing far larger than the Marina project on the horizon.

melted_wellie
24-May-06, 00:22
The so called Marina was subject to lottery funding or similiar , which I belive was rejected so I think there is somthing far larger than the Marina project on the horizon.yes,i heard it was going to be a Volvo Estate.

Chillie
24-May-06, 00:26
yes,i heard it was going to be a Volvo Estate.

Ha,ha very funny[lol]

Yvonne
30-May-06, 22:26
The so called Marina was subject to lottery funding or similiar , which I belive was rejected so I think there is somthing far larger than the Marina project on the horizon.

I do hope the 'something far larger' doesn't involve a waste depository, or perhaps a petrol chemical processing plant. I can't possibly see how this would benefit the County!

donss
31-May-06, 20:34
I do hope the 'something far larger' doesn't involve a waste dispositary, or perhaps a petrol chemical processing plant. I can't possibly see how this would benefit the County!

It would benefit the county by pushing forward progress, opportunities, employment and general improvements. Oh, of course, I forgot: We don't want any of that up here do we???? Silly of me.

back to my cave I trundle, tail between legs....

teuchter
31-May-06, 21:06
I do hope the 'something far larger' doesn't involve a waste dispositary, or perhaps a petrol chemical processing plant. I can't possibly see how this would benefit the County!

Well some of us would quite like the idea of work, money and prospects for the future. I would say that the county is in danger of becoming a ghost town but that would be wrong. It would resemble a retirement community and hole for the government to pour money into, to support long before that.

Chillie
31-May-06, 23:41

Maybe the" larger" the better, not my fault I went to Ducksieee High sccoool[lol]

fred
01-Jun-06, 09:45
Well some of us would quite like the idea of work, money and prospects for the future. I would say that the county is in danger of becoming a ghost town but that would be wrong. It would resemble a retirement community and hole for the government to pour money into, to support long before that.

While others have spent their lives working in dirt, smog and polution and have moved or returned here to spend their last years in a place with clean air, beautiful scenery and a quieter more relaxed way of life.

You don't seem to like old people, people who themselves paid for the retired while also bringing up the young through their working lives, you seem to resent our taxes going to support them.

A place is what it is, like people they are all different but unlike people they can't move. No place will suit everyone, to some jobs and money will matter while to others a pleasant environment will be more important but is it fair to change the nature and character of a place to suit the young when there are so many places available which have already been spoilt? One thing which is certain is that one day those who are young now will themselves be old and I'm wondering if there will be any place left for them to go.

I see another petro-chemical plant blew up last night.

jings00
01-Jun-06, 15:02
well said fred....

teuchter
01-Jun-06, 16:30
Fred you have misunderstood me all together. I have absolutly nothing against anybody receiving a pension. By the time somebody has put in 50 years of hard work , i personnally believe they deserve more of a pension than what they get now, but thats another matter. What i dont like is people who have never worked, and have no intention of looking for it. And its this group which is sadly growing by the day, and its this group i was digging at when i made my comment about the hole in to which the government is endlessly pouring money.

peter macdonald
01-Jun-06, 17:48
Fred I ,like Tuechter have nothing against old people (Im getting on myself) I like Teuechter think the pensions old people get are inadequade for the contributions they have made .However some of the rest of your post I take issue with eg
"You don't seem to like old people, people who themselves paid for the retired while also bringing up the young through their working lives, you seem to resent our taxes going to support them."

What do you think we are doing now?? and most of the kids nowadays wont see a pension (in what ever form it will be) until they are 68 Many companies have closed their final salary schemes so that form of security is not there for many of them either

"A place is what it is, like people they are all different but unlike people they can't move. No place will suit everyone, to some jobs and money will matter while to others a pleasant environment will be more important but is it fair to change the nature and character of a place to suit the young when there are so many places available which have already been spoilt?"

So its Ok that the young folk have to move away for work to some polluted dump that someone else has created ?? Its OK that folks who made their money in such places can come or return here and tell the young here to go away for work just because they want a quiet life???

"One thing which is certain is that one day those who are young now will themselves be old and I'm wondering if there will be any place left for them to go".

Just maybe I repeat just maybe they may never be forced to leave if there are enough jobs /educational opportunities and housing to keep them here
and I really hope that happens

fred
01-Jun-06, 19:04
So its Ok that the young folk have to move away for work to some polluted dump that someone else has created ?? Its OK that folks who made their money in such places can come or return here and tell the young here to go away for work just because they want a quiet life???

It's OK for those young folk who want to work in a polluted dump to move away, seems a better alternative than turning all of Britain into a polluted dump just so people who choose to work in one can go home for their dinners.

peter macdonald
01-Jun-06, 20:10
Fred
"It's OK for those young folk who want to work in a polluted dump to move away, seems a better alternative than turning all of Britain into a polluted dump just so people who choose to work in one can go home for their dinners."
Boy thats some attitude towards the young folk around here,in your opinion then they can stay as long as they have no work no money and no ambitition ...it also means that folks who have made their money in polluted dumps can come here /return here and price all the locals (who will have no jobs) out of buying houses which is a sure way to depopulate the county
But hey thats maybe what some folks want .. Last one out turn out the lights

teuchter
01-Jun-06, 20:12
It's OK for those young folk who want to work in a polluted dump to move away, seems a better alternative than turning all of Britain into a polluted dump just so people who choose to work in one can go home for their dinners.

We already have a polluted dump though. Its that big golfball thing beside the coast. And it employs directly and indirectly a vast amount of the working population of the county and also a chunk of our neighbouring county. These are not all young people. Im sure the age range will span every year of a persons working life if somebody cared enough to check.
Without the prospects of some major polluted dump work coming in this direction in the very near future, all thos skilled, semi-skilled and manual workforce are going to be receiving the dreaded P45 long before they will be elligable for there pensions.
Do these people not deserve a chance to continue to live where they already are? Do there kids not deserve the same?
Unless some vast amount of serious employment opertunities comes our way real soon your wish might just be granted. I hope not because i dont want to go to these polluted places that you speak of, and i dont want my kids to be forced into it either.
If you can see another way out of the demise of the working aged population of this county, please send your answer on a postcard to the vacancies notice board of your nearest job centre.
Rant over, going for a beer. Never mind its Groat day tomorrow. Race is on for the jobs page.

fred
02-Jun-06, 19:25
We already have a polluted dump though. Its that big golfball thing beside the coast. And it employs directly and indirectly a vast amount of the working population of the county and also a chunk of our neighbouring county. These are not all young people. Im sure the age range will span every year of a persons working life if somebody cared enough to check.

It also pulls in quite a lot of tourist trade, I don't think a petro-chemical plant would have quite the same appeal.

fred
02-Jun-06, 19:39
Boy thats some attitude towards the young folk around here,in your opinion then they can stay as long as they have no work no money and no ambitition ...it also means that folks who have made their money in polluted dumps can come here /return here and price all the locals (who will have no jobs) out of buying houses which is a sure way to depopulate the county
But hey thats maybe what some folks want .. Last one out turn out the lights

Seems a sensible attitude to me. People who like a nice quiet drink and a natter over a game of dominos go down the local while young kids who like loud music go into town to the disco. Put loud music in the local as well and the old folk are left with nowhere to go.

There are loads of places with dirt and noise and polution in Britain already, far too many. Start building petro-chemical plants in all the places which are traditionally quiet peaceful and clean and people who want clean air and pleasant scenery are left with nowhere to go.