PDA

View Full Version : the School house J.O.G

tweedycrow
14-Mar-10, 16:36
We went for a mothers day lunch to the school house at J.O.G . The food was lovely and service excellent i would highly recommend it !! :D

ellimac
14-Mar-10, 16:41
We went for a mothers day lunch to the school house at J.O.G . The food was lovely and service excellent i would highly recommend it !! :D

We went there a few weeks ago now and I can highly recommend it also, really good food and as you said the service is brill, very friendly and they make you feel at home.....

Well worth going......... :D :D

cherokee
14-Mar-10, 19:40
I've been there a couple o' times as well.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

Just such lovely, welcoming people and the food is YUUUUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Stefan
14-Mar-10, 20:40
Been there last year. First time I ever enjoyed eating in a public place, knowing all food was cooked fresh and according to my allergies!

Easily THE BEST MEAL OUT I ever had in my life !

If you have allergies ring them up and book in advance and they will make sure they have the right ingredients to cook on the day.

Superb !!!

Mik.M.
14-Mar-10, 22:37
We were taken there for lunch last summer,food was excellant as was the service.We will definatly go again.

digital02
15-Mar-10, 12:28
The time we went I was NOT IMPRESSED at all.
The choice was poor, and very overpriced for what you were given.

Stefan
15-Mar-10, 14:50
Well, it's not exactly a 2 for 1 pub, it's a small restaurant, run by a very lovely couple who serve fresh local produce cooked whilst you are there.

I was rather happy with a choice of 4 starters, main meals and puddings.
Maybe that is just because I am lucky to get 1 meal I can eat on a pub menu. Often there is nothing I can have....

High quality food is never cheap. It's not a place I could afford to eat every week but it's perfect for special occasions. It's better than home cooked and I was amazed with the texture and quality of the meat.

If you want cheap meals and a lot of choice than you are better off in a pub where the ingredients are bought in in bulk, frozen, tinned or extensively cooled.

Have you ever thought about complaining to the pubs that their meals aren't cooked from fresh with locally produced free range meat? Supposed it wouldn't make any sense as we all know that a 5.99 deal will have to consist of tinned and frozen ingredients to make any kind of profit.

For the quality of food and the service provided at The School House the prices are modest. If I remember correctly it came to 18 pounds per head for a 3 course meal plus drinks. The portions aren't huge but if you want to stuff your face then you are in the wrong place. It's a gourmet experience, a lovely atmosphere, enjoying good food.