PDA

View Full Version : F1 tomorrow

bekisman
13-Mar-10, 20:57
Should certainly be a exciting race, Schumacher trying to establish himself, not helped by Alain Prost backing the decision to appoint former drivers as Stewards.. Vettel did very well today in qualifying, also be interesting to see if Rubens passes his old 'comrade' on his hard tyres? ;)

horseman
13-Mar-10, 21:28
Hope I will be able to get that up in usa! an I bet the time difference throws a wobble an all:(

joxville
14-Mar-10, 02:19
Yep, should be a good race; Rubens in good position to make the most of new tyres, Schumacher doing well to qualify 7th after being away for 3 years, Vettel good for the win being on pole though I wouldn't rule out Alonso for the win either, I rate him slightly higher than Massa. I agree that former drivers should be stewards, at least the can see things from a drivers point unlike lawyers, accountants or what have you that have acted as stewards. All in all, I think we could have a great season of racing. :)

Boozeburglar
14-Mar-10, 02:40
Only one man for the win. He is an old warrior.

:)

bekisman
14-Mar-10, 09:25
Only one man for the win. He is an old warrior.

:)

That'll be Rubens?

upolian
14-Mar-10, 10:58
Should be good watching this :) any body watch ken blocks debue in the mexico rally?:D

The Drunken Duck
14-Mar-10, 11:00
I'll go for Alonso for the win. Vettel was quick but I have a suspicion the Red Bull will be hard on its rear tyres. Vettel for second though with Massa third.

The Ferrari looks really sorted and the race wont be won on who is outright quickest but who deals with the changing balance of the car and track conditions as the fuel burns off. I also predict Eddie Jordan will talk piffle in the pre race commentary.

Former race drivers as stewards ?? .. about time I reckon.

bekisman
14-Mar-10, 11:55
Got a feeling it will be a spectacular start - that poor Indian chap is not exactly experienced, and with five new drivers, could be mayhem - expect Vettel will win, Alonso second, , but be nice IF it was Hamilton then Button..
Sigh.. I can dream... ;)

The Drunken Duck
14-Mar-10, 14:01
Think you may well be right, Vettel is away in the distance. Hamilton and Button struggling.

Bit boring to watch to be honest.

The Drunken Duck
14-Mar-10, 14:29
Think I jinxed Vettel, he had car trouble shortly after I posted that .. Oops.

Alonso now in the lead with 7 laps to go, then Massa, Hamilton and Vettel.

Sage
14-Mar-10, 15:07
It's certainly going to be an interesting season. Hated the no re-fueling stuff last time (didnt realise it was so long ago :eek: ) but if this race is anything to go by we may see less in the way of good old battles and more in the way of tacticals outside of the track.

Hmmmmmmm

bekisman
14-Mar-10, 15:58
Think I jinxed Vettel, he had car trouble shortly after I posted that .. Oops.

Alonso now in the lead with 7 laps to go, then Massa, Hamilton and Vettel.

Hmm, Vettel jinxed - I would have been right otherwise, never mind, very good race, although thought the initial intro was a bit Red Dwarf?

The Drunken Duck
14-Mar-10, 19:21
Hmm, Vettel jinxed - I would have been right otherwise, never mind, very good race, although thought the initial intro was a bit Red Dwarf?

Yeah I thought that.

I was sitting wondering what it was all about, but at least the BBC make the effort to spice it up a bit. Their coverage is far superior to ITV's. By the way I am going to start betting on the races I think. Earlier I predicted an Alonso win .. Check. I predicted Eddie Jordan would talk piffle .. Check. (He said that Rob Smedley (Massa's Engineer) was from Yorkshire when he is from Middlesbrough and sounds like a Geordie !!

I am getting a lottery ticket this week.

im behind you
14-Mar-10, 19:37
i know its only the first race but i thought it was a bit boring relly. its all going to fall into place on how they finish qualy to be honest. now that there is no re-fuling the cars are alot heavier so they just follow each other. then there are only in the pit just the once and thats just to change tyres not alot will go wrong there.but i suppose we have to give theese thing time to see what happens.and i dont think eddie or dc was all that impressed with the race either to be honest.

The Drunken Duck
14-Mar-10, 19:42
Yeah .. it was a bit of a procession wasnt it ??

Seems like the realy slow middle sector seemed to spoil the flow of the lap, here's hoping that Australia will be a better race. The second and third gear corners really killed any chance at overtaking.

cherokee
14-Mar-10, 20:36
Ummmmm, maybe for the "Sports Forum" - obviously tho the "Mods" think different? :roll::roll:

bekisman
14-Mar-10, 20:48
Ummmmm, maybe for the "Sports Forum" - obviously tho the "Mods" think different? :roll::roll:

Maybe, but I see 'Football' is just down this general forum ;)

Moira
14-Mar-10, 21:00
Ummmmm, maybe for the "Sports Forum" - obviously tho the "Mods" think different?

Ummm - maybe not, unless they change the header of the Sports Forum. "Sport (http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
Discuss Caithness Sport Here. [Threads not relating to sport in Caithness will be removed]". If enough people complain by reporting this thread maybe they will.

Anyhow, back on topic. Hubby has never been the same since Michael Schumacher retired and all the F1 rules and regs started changing. I don't pretend to understand any of it myself - I just know his enthusiasm for F1 has waned somewhat. How do the F1 fans rate Schumacher's chances on his come-back season?

Selfishly, I am hoping for postive replies but will prepare myself for the worst... :)

bekisman
14-Mar-10, 21:12
Ummm - maybe not, unless they change the header of the Sports Forum. "Sport (http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
Discuss Caithness Sport Here. [Threads not relating to sport in Caithness will be removed]". If enough people complain by reporting this thread maybe they will.

Anyhow, back on topic. Hubby has never been the same since Michael Schumacher retired and all the F1 rules and regs started changing. I don't pretend to understand any of it myself - I just know his enthusiasm for F1 has waned somewhat. How do the F1 fans rate Schumacher's chances on his come-back season?

Selfishly, I am hoping for postive replies but will prepare myself for the worst... :)

Schumacher? too old ;)

cherokee
14-Mar-10, 21:23
Maybe, but I see 'Football' is just down this general forum ;)

Yeah, now I see what you mean Bekisman !

I, personally, have no interest at all in sport of any kind and I don't have a major problem with it being discussed on here...... but.......

.... as yourself and another Orger , has pointed out, why on earth does the "Sports Forum" have to be relagated to only Caithness? IF this wasn't the case then maybe most people with a liking towards sports could "chat" about it on the appropriate forum?

Possibly this should be addressed by those concerned? ;)

Moira
14-Mar-10, 21:33
Schumacher? too old ;)

That's a good start bekisman. I was looking for a "season of content" so will be hoping for more positive replies before I go into total despair. ;)

laguna2
15-Mar-10, 09:59
Boring, boring boring! Even with MS returning there was just no excitement yesterday!

bekisman
15-Mar-10, 10:54
That's a good start bekisman. I was looking for a "season of content" so will be hoping for more positive replies before I go into total despair. ;)

Hi Moira
I'm not a Schumacher fan; great driver but a terrible sportsman (but does that matter?) On the Saturday Qualifying Boris Becker gave a review of his races - warts and all, especially the time Rubens was in front, but had to put his brakes on for Schumacher to pass the line first - the sickening charade on the podium was a pain to watch - 'Team orders'?.. parking up during qualifying, forcing Hill off.. oh well. Yes maybe there is a certain lack of excitement with no refuelling - watching the Ferrari team race after one of their drivers who went off with the fuel hose still connected, was entertaining.. we shall see how it goes.

The Drunken Duck
15-Mar-10, 11:54
I was never a Schumacher fan really but I liked his "win-at-all-costs" attitude, I think the moment at Magny Cours in 2001 when David Coulthard gave him the infamous hand gestures was really funny and possibly the best repsonse EVER to his antics. I want to see Schumi mixing it up again with the new guys, I want to see how tough Vettel and Hamilton really are. I want to see wheel to wheel stuff and drivers blubbing when they get beaten by a 41 year old. If I want fair play I will watch Golf.

Congratulations go to Lotus though, two green and yellow cars at the finish in their first race, a brilliant achievement just six months after starting with nothing. Hopefully the return of them as a real power in F1.

ducati
15-Mar-10, 12:01
I was never a Schumacher fan really but I liked his "win-at-all-costs" attitude, I think the moment at Magny Cours in 2001 when David Coulthard gave him the infamous hand gestures was really funny and possibly the best repsonse EVER to his antics. I want to see Schumi mixing it up again with the new guys, I want to see how tough Vettel and Hamilton really are. I want to see wheel to wheel stuff and drivers blubbing when they get beaten by a 41 year old. If I want fair play I will watch Golf.

Congratulations go to Lotus though, two green and yellow cars at the finish in their first race, a brilliant achievement just six months after starting with nothing. Hopefully the return of them as a real power in F1.

Yes, great to see Lotus back, give them a season and they will be contending I'm sure. Be great for a young british driver to get a start?

I think the current drivers are going to have a good showing, they both impressed last year.

Cars are horrible though. those high noses just don't look right. I believe that a car has to look good to go fast! How's that for science:lol:

Boozeburglar
16-Mar-10, 00:08
How ugly the Ferrari is, I can't believe it.

I would love Mansell and Schmucker as Stewards.

"How about you Mike? You reckon he was remiss in allowing him to pass without incident?"

"Without doubt Nigel! I would have had my team mate brake hard in front of him to ensure I take the win."

"Yeah, I concur. Let us penalize him 10 points for being fair."

The Drunken Duck
16-Mar-10, 00:24
Yes, great to see Lotus back, give them a season and they will be contending I'm sure. Be great for a young british driver to get a start?

I think the current drivers are going to have a good showing, they both impressed last year.

Cars are horrible though. those high noses just don't look right. I believe that a car has to look good to go fast! How's that for science:lol:

Totally agree with the high nose thing, the Sauber is the worst offender. It looks like a four wheeled Barry Manilow with that hook nose. And just how stupid do the wide front wings and the small rear wings look as well ?? Its like they were designed by a drunk.

I will be following McLaren and Lotus this year but more Lotus really, being a Brit you have to support the underdog and I just hope they can score at least a point during the year.

Moira
29-Mar-10, 00:09
Thanks for all your replies here.

I heard that the qualifying in Australia, yesterday, was quite boring.
I also heard that the race today was quite good & exciting in parts, because of the tyre change?

Shumacher didn't make the podium today but there is still time......

bekisman
31-Mar-10, 22:19
I see the Malaysian race is on BBC1 at 08.00, then switches over to BBC2 at 09.55? [evil]