PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 drivers

mrsmo
13-Mar-10, 17:37
I am trying to download drivers from the Canon website for my Lide 20 scanner but there is javascript problem with the page and it wont let me download? How can I get round this?
I have tried other sites but they want me to download some other software to check what drivers I need, did try it but I just uninstalled the damn thing when it told me I needed drivers for nearly everything except the scanner!!

Please help:confused

Bobinovich
13-Mar-10, 17:45
Couple of ways you could try it - have you another browser you could try downloading through, of if Javascript is the problem it might be worth uninstalling Java and reinstalling again to see if that resolves the problem.

Failing that you could download it using another PC and then transfer it via USB stick or similar.

mrsmo
13-Mar-10, 17:50
ok thanks, never thought of the other pc and the stick!!
bit dim sometimes??

mrsmo
14-Mar-10, 10:34
Well I updated Javascript and the page still comes up "error on page"
I made sure that javascript shows as enabled in the Tools/Internet options bit. I have rebooted system.
What do I need to do now? Cant even get into online banking and Im sure I was on it a couple of days ago??

Please help!:~(

Bobinovich
14-Mar-10, 13:16
Is it possible you might have picked up something nasty? Try downloading & running a full scan with the free Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org) package to make sure. Is there an actual error code or something else to go on other than 'error on page'?

mrsmo
14-Mar-10, 13:29
I have malwarebytes installed. Ran it nothing there.
But it seems my shiny new toy runs Explorer in a 32 bit system and a 64 bit system??
I can open the online banking in the 64 bit but not the 32 bit??
Why do I have 2 systems anyway?

Got the scanner software onto a pen drive from the 64 bit system but then it wouldnt run there was some other damn thing, cant remember what it was!!

Just as well I like a challenge cos im finding them! LoL!