PDA

View Full Version : Lack of services

spittalpunks
03-Apr-04, 15:58
Its alarming the scale of services in Caithness, from health provision to sports and leisure in reality you'd be better in a developing nation like Somalia or Liberia the way the powers that be are

I know this is a bit drastic but why doesn't everybody CEASE paying council tax

Imagine the council's reaction

As long as you had the money set aside in your account to pay your bills when you were satisfied with the level of services provided I couldn't see them having the time, effort or money to instigate arresting a few thousand folk, imagine the bad press!!!

Direct action of this magnitude might just get those in power to sit up and take notice

Alternatively a mass boycott of the next local elections could force change as well

Sad times but sometimes you have to take a stand

myname1
04-Apr-04, 21:24
I agree totally....what do they do for the money they get? what do we get out of it? Total lack of services up here! I have to walk with my eyes down all the time to make sure I dont step in dog mess. We dont even get our bins emptied 52 weeks a year. They charge way too much for council tax.

Naefearjustbeer
05-Apr-04, 00:40
I bet if you took some of these politicians and put them on productivity related pay and linked it to public opinion on our services they would be taking a big drop in pay. You could then sack all the useless ones (most of them) and use all the saved cash to pay for better roads hospitals sports facillities etc etc. that way the ones who improve things and get the job done will earn what they are worth.

I wonder how much the review into the maternity sevices has actually cost! And how long that money would last paying to run the materity services. I bet that Calder chap is on a good earner.

Its not the local coucilors that are to blame they want the same things we want! they are tied to budgets just like everyone else, They live in the same areas we do. Do you think they like stepping in dog dirt or overflowing bins on the street.The problem is this country is top heavy with overpaid pen pushers who invent work just to keep their own jobs safe and delegate the work to others with less and less money being made availlible to do it with. If you dont vote at the local elections it wont make any difference to the services we have if central goverment doesnt sort its self out and get the money and manpower to where its needed.
Right i am off before I start swearing and get banned from the forum this is a subject that makes me angry!!!

Caledonia
05-Apr-04, 01:22
Like you use sports centres or health and fitness clubs fatboy!

Naefearjustbeer
05-Apr-04, 10:37
Like you use sports centres or health and fitness clubs fatboy!

Who rattled your cage!

Thats good coming from someone whos interests are fastfood!

spittalpunks
05-Apr-04, 16:29
The councillors are in it for themselves and to boost their egos

true some make a stand and do get some change but others just milk our taxes for their own expenses and get their grinning coupons in the local press

Once the hospital has gone, the last few dentists and doctors will disappear leaving nowt much but a trip to Inverness for health care

One wonders when the weeds in the middle of the A9 will grow back as the roads will fall apart soon

Everything is being lost and damn all saved

Still say the best way forward is for a mass non payment of council tax

bring em down say I

girniegoe
05-Apr-04, 23:00
Tempting to withhold payment of Council Tax I know, but when the Poll Tax [evil] [evil] [evil] first came in we tried that only to have our bank account frozen and literally emptied to recoup payment. Don't know if they still do that and anyway I wouldn't have enough in bank account nowadays!

Joking apart, as a Caithness "exile" (still in Scotland tho) I do have the greatest sympathy (and plenty anger [mad] ) at the way services are constantly being eroded from so-called remote areas when I think of the services we have to hand in cities.

PS I know Girniegoe (Typing error) is spelt wrong just can't get it changed!!