PDA

View Full Version : Help with mobile phone?????

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 17:09
I have a mobile and it was unlocked, it use to be on vodafone, but now all it will take is orange, if i put a vodafone or O2 sim card in it all i get on the screen is - SIM MEP lock failed

Could anyone tell me what the problem is please???????

Lindsay

Chillie
19-May-06, 17:52
2 words, Bin it:Razz

Why don't you phone the shop in inverness where you had it unlocked in the 1st place:roll:

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 17:58
Its not that phone its another 1 i bought

The 1 i got unlocked is still working fine

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:00
Its not that phone its another 1 i bought

The 1 i got unlocked is still working fine

so the phone you are having problems with is not an unlocked phone then:confused

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:07
It is unlocked

Well suppose to be, it was on vodafone as the start menu etc comes up vodafone, but it won't take a vodafone sim, it'll only take orange

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:10
It is unlocked

Well suppose to be, it was on vodafone as the start menu etc comes up vodafone, but it won't take a vodafone sim, it'll only take orange

Strange!! phone the shop you bought it from.
If you bought it 2nd hand then you were done:roll:

ice box
19-May-06, 18:11
It is unlocked

I take the shop you got it from is no longer around ?

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:13
I take the shop you got it from is no longer around ?

maybe pedro sold it to them:lol:

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:14
yes i did buy it 2nd hand

What is up with it????

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:15
yes i did buy it 2nd hand

What is up with it????

nothing wrong with buying a 2nd hand phone, you should of tried it out 1st.
get back in touch with the seller and complain.

ice box
19-May-06, 18:18
I have a mobile and it was unlocked, it use to be on vodafone, but now all it will take is orange, if i put a vodafone or O2 sim card in it all i get on the screen is - SIM MEP lock failed

Could anyone tell me what the problem is please???????

Lindsaysorry but it sounds gay dodgy to me i would take chillies advice and bin it

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:19
i bought it off ebay so i couldn't try it

I did complain to the woman and she said it worked fine with her on orange, but she never tried any other network and i don't like orange i am on O2 and it won't work

I did put an orange sim card in the phone and it works great, so she wasn't ripping me off

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:21

I did complain to the woman and she said it worked fine with her on orange, but she never tried any other network and i don't like orange i am on O2 and it won't work

I did put an orange sim card in the phone and it works great, so she wasn't ripping me off

well sounds like you need to get it unlocked again or just have someone look at it,we could go on all night here.

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:23
I know, i will take it to inverness the next time i go

I am looking on google and there is a few people who have had the same problem and there is some sort of code u put in but i don't understand it all [lol]

I will keep looking for now u never know i might get it sorted :confused

angela5
19-May-06, 18:27
pm saxovtr he can unlock phones.

ice box
19-May-06, 18:30

I did put an orange sim card in the phone and it works great, so she wasn't ripping me offCONFUSED . COM Which network you on on minute your vodafone and then your orange make your mind up am confused .

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:31
Hi yes he did say he would unlock my other phone but he never got back to me

I will give him a try

cheers

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:34
right i will try and explain it to u

The phone is vodafone, this woman got it unlocked so she could use orange and it worked fine, i bought it off ebay as it was unlocked, but i put an O2 sim in it and it doesn't work, i put in vodafone and it doesn't work, so i put an orange sim card in it and hey presto it works [lol]

Do u understand now???

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:38
right i will try and explain it to u

The phone is vodafone, this woman got it unlocked so she could use orange and it worked fine, i bought it off ebay as it was unlocked, but i put an O2 sim in it and it doesn't work, i put in vodafone and it doesn't work, so i put an orange sim card in it and hey presto it works [lol]

Do u understand now???

Just use an orange sim card then. hey presto! problem solved[lol]

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 18:42
[lol] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chillie
19-May-06, 18:45
[lol] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The phone works fine with orange, you are only creating a problem because you are being fussy wanting a vodafone sim in it. There all the same you can still recieve and make calls.:roll:

melted_wellie
19-May-06, 19:16
are you sure its a phone your trying to put yer sim in??? and not the remote for yer telly!!!!!

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 19:31
The phone works fine with orange, you are only creating a problem because you are being fussy wanting a vodafone sim in it. There all the same you can still recieve and make calls.:roll:

I want to use O2, free messages etc i have been with O2 for years, i wouldn't go with any other network

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 19:32
are you sure its a phone your trying to put yer sim in??? and not the remote for yer telly!!!!!

[lol] very funny!!!!!!!

angela5
19-May-06, 19:36
I want to use O2, free messages etc i have been with O2 for years, i wouldn't go with any other network

02 is the best i don't think orange has a great signal up here.

moose and Lindsay
19-May-06, 19:39
02 is the best i don't think orange has a great signal up here.

I agree 100% with u on that 1

I had an orange phone once for about 10mins and took it back to the shop coz i couldn't get a signal

angela5
19-May-06, 20:54
www.quickmobileunlock.co.uk (http://www.quickmobileunlock.co.uk)

I know nothing about unlocking phones, this website makes it look so easy.
Hope it helps.:D

Ali
19-May-06, 22:09

Who did you buy it from? I got conned with one too !!

moose and Lindsay
20-May-06, 13:12
some wifie, she has 100% feedback and she did offer me my money back or money towards getting it unlocked again, so thats good

I got an orange sim card this morning and got it registered so the phone works perfect on orange but where we live i can't get a signal, so i am hoping to get it unlocked and go back to O2

Orange does the free 300 free msg's now as well and the more money u top up at a time the more free msg's u get, i didn't know that!!!

But the signal is rubbish, if it was fine i would just stay with orange

Lindsay

moose and Lindsay
20-May-06, 13:15
www.quickmobileunlock.co.uk (http://www.quickmobileunlock.co.uk)

I know nothing about unlocking phones, this website makes it look so easy.
Hope it helps.:D

I was on that site yesterday, but i don't understand how to do it either [lol]

Thanx anyway i have pm'd saxovtr so fingers crossed i can get it sorted soon

Cheers

Lindsay

Dali
20-May-06, 14:05
What phone is it ?

moose and Lindsay
20-May-06, 15:51
Its a panasonic GD55

Chillie
20-May-06, 16:10

Once again caught on EBay, as I said before on this thread "Bin It" how much time, and maybe some more money has this cost you? get rid and buy a new one they are not that expensive now depending on what you want.