PDA

View Full Version : sweets/puddings

wicker8
12-Mar-10, 14:12
bought a couple of tbonesteaks for saturday night a nice sweet to go with it any ideas its only the two of us so nothing that would be wasted thanks

alanatkie
12-Mar-10, 14:19
A lemon meringue pie or cheesecake would be my preference or maybe a stick toffee pudding.

Scarybiscuits03
12-Mar-10, 14:34
Sent you a pm with an easy one if you like chocolate!

Dadie
12-Mar-10, 14:35
For pudding what about making chocolate mousse?
or fruity choc rounds...serves 4...or 2 greedy people
looks posh but easy made!
4oz decent plain choc
1 pack rasps (250grams ish)
2tbsp icing sugar
1/2 pint double cream
2 tbsp orange liqueur
finely grated rind of 1 orange
cocoa powder optional

draw 8 circles 2 1/2 " on greaseproof / baking parchment and spread the chocolate (melted) on them
bung 1/2 rasps in food proccessor and sieve then add 1tbsp of the icing sugar... (rasp sauce)
whisk cream, rest of icing sugar, rind and liqueur till soft peaks form.
put i choc disc on a plate add cream mixture then put in the rasps you didnt use for the sauce pour on rasp sauce put 2nd disc on top and if wanted sieve a wee bit of cocoa powder on top to make it look pretty

Eat

joxville
12-Mar-10, 15:50
You know, sometimes, just sometimes, I see other orgers will post something so earth-shatteringly brilliant in it's simplicity that it takes my breath away!!! Today's 'left me dumbfounded award' goes to Alanatkie for suggesting lemon meringue pie. :)

I want some. I want it NOW.

ShelleyCowie
12-Mar-10, 16:18
Well im just going to make some mars bar cake! Dont know the exact recipe as i kinda add as much as i need too. Basically Mars bars, condensed milk and crushed digestives!

Scrummy!

cuddlepop
12-Mar-10, 16:19
This is in the recipe section and appears to be very popular.

9ozs Hob Nobs (or other oaty Biscs) crushed
2 3/4 oz Butter melted
7ozs Philadelphia cream cheese
9ozs Orkney Fudge
1 pint Double cream lightly whipped

lightly butter a 91/2 ins tin
make the base by combining the Biscuits and butter and press into the base of the tin

Beat the cream cheese until soft
grate 7ozs of the fudge
tip into the cream cheese combine gently
folding in slowly with the cream
chop the remaining fudge scatter over the base in the tin
spoon the cream mixture over the top and cover
chill for a least 5hrs

Its Orkney Fudge Cake.,only problem in our house is that you'd need one each.;)__________________

ShelleyCowie
12-Mar-10, 16:21
This is in the recipe section and appears to be very popular.

9ozs Hob Nobs (or other oaty Biscs) crushed
2 3/4 oz Butter melted
7ozs Philadelphia cream cheese
9ozs Orkney Fudge
1 pint Double cream lightly whipped

lightly butter a 91/2 ins tin
make the base by combining the Biscuits and butter and press into the base of the tin

Beat the cream cheese until soft
grate 7ozs of the fudge
tip into the cream cheese combine gently
folding in slowly with the cream
chop the remaining fudge scatter over the base in the tin
spoon the cream mixture over the top and cover
chill for a least 5hrs

Its Orkney Fudge Cake.,only problem in our house is that you'd need one each.;)__________________

OMG nobody make this if you dont intend on eating it all! I made 2 of them before, both were gone within hours!!! :eek:

Its a deadly calorie mix but LOVELY!!!!!

Thumper
12-Mar-10, 16:25
How about keylime pie? My favourite dessert ever! x

pauline79
12-Mar-10, 16:33
vanilla ice-cream with hot butterscotch sauce. Simple, quick and have as much or as little as you like. Yum yum.

alanatkie
12-Mar-10, 16:54
You know, sometimes, just sometimes, I see other orgers will post something so earth-shatteringly brilliant in it's simplicity that it takes my breath away!!! Today's 'left me dumbfounded award' goes to Alanatkie for suggesting lemon meringue pie. :)

Thanks Jox :lol:
I have been fancying Lemon Meringue pie for a couple o days now so putting on the org might be a big enough hint for mother's day dessert ;)

cuddlepop
12-Mar-10, 17:20
OMG nobody make this if you dont intend on eating it all! I made 2 of them before, both were gone within hours!!! :eek:

Its a deadly calorie mix but LOVELY!!!!!

The only problem I've got is that I'm not pregnant,unlike you and at the age when its a "lifetime on the hips".:lol:

John Little
12-Mar-10, 18:15
Banoffee pie......:eek:

Wi dubble cream.....:evil

And a few hand made chocs to nibble into the evening's end....[smirk]

Oh - and grill the steaks with butter and tarragon sprinkled over them.

changilass
12-Mar-10, 18:24
Ice cream with a measure on creme de menthe poured over it

or

Merangue nest, with scoop of ice cream and then chopped kiwi on top.

George Brims
12-Mar-10, 19:31

If you make your own, here's a idea I got off a packet of ginger snaps. Make the base from ginger snaps, sugar and butter (sorry I forget the amounts) like you would do a cheesecake base from digestives. I tried it and it's GREAT.

ShelleyCowie
12-Mar-10, 20:12
The only problem I've got is that I'm not pregnant,unlike you and at the age when its a "lifetime on the hips".:lol:

Just pretend your pregnant! Nobody would know :lol:

only me
13-Mar-10, 13:54
Banoffee pie......:eek:

Wi dubble cream.....:evil

And a few hand made chocs to nibble into the evening's end....[smirk]

Oh - and grill the steaks with butter and tarragon sprinkled over them. hi john sounds good i am of to get some tarragon

wicker8
13-Mar-10, 13:59
hi all thanks for your help they all sound delicious i love johns one on the tarragon never did that before i have had peppered steaks garlic but not tarragon i am of to tescos i will be in the spices lane cheers and hope you have a nice weekend:Razz:Razz