PDA

View Full Version : Road Safety- Update

rfr10
19-May-06, 16:21
Regards to the speeding at lunch time at the front of Wick High School. Northern Constabulary will be carrying out high visibility foot and mobile patrols in the area as happening currently.

Thats all I can tell you just now.

angela5
19-May-06, 16:22
Regards to the speeding at lunch time at the front of Wick High School. Northern Constabulary will be carrying out high visibility foot and mobile patrols in the area as happening currently.

Thats all I can tell you just now.

That's great news robin.:D

footie chick
19-May-06, 17:00
Is it just WHS or do the plan to include other schools?

Chillie
19-May-06, 17:57
Is it just WHS or do the plan to include other schools?

other schools should be included.
how about Hillhead school, North school and South school is there no speeders passing them:roll:

angela5
19-May-06, 18:32
other schools should be included.
how about Hillhead school, North school and South school is there no speeders passing them:roll:

Wick High is the worst for speeding cars, the young lads go up and down showing off to the girls:roll:
Every school should have a 20mph limit.

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:01
Yes, at the moment it will just be Wick High School as it is the main trouble area for speeding. The police were aware of this issue before I contacted them and they routinely patrol the area as I have noticed now in the morning and at lunch.

Marty McFly
19-May-06, 19:24

Complete and utter waste of time. What is the point of "high visibility" patrols? The only way to stop this, before someone gets seriously hurt, is to catch them red handed speeding around the high school...and they can't do that by announcing to the world their intentions.

The minute the police stop the patrols, the nutters will return! [disgust]

angela5
19-May-06, 19:27
Complete and utter waste of time. What is the point of "high visibility" patrols? The only way to stop this, before someone gets seriously hurt, is to catch them red handed speeding around the high school...and they can't do that by announcing to the world their intentions.

The minute the police stop the patrols, the nutters will return! [disgust]

Have to say your right, an unmarked car would be better to catch them out.

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:28
I know it's silly but the police are not allowed to hide when using speed guns, they have to be clearly visible.

Alice in Blunderland
19-May-06, 19:32
A permenant speed camera and the speeding would stop highly visible,highly effective I would think.:D

footie chick
19-May-06, 19:33
Not always the case hubby was done and he still doesnt know where they were parked!:(

Marty McFly
19-May-06, 19:39
Yes, Angela, an unmarked car would be far better. It wouldn't be too difficult to catch them driving dangerously and squeeling tyres...and they can be "done" for that without needing speed cameras.

angela5
19-May-06, 19:42
Yes, Angela, an unmarked car would be far better. It wouldn't be too difficult to catch them driving dangerously and squeeling tyres...and they can be "done" for that without needing speed cameras.

Robin said "that's not allowed":roll: they have to be clearly visible.

angela5
19-May-06, 19:44
I know it's silly but the police are not allowed to hide when using speed guns, they have to be clearly visible.

Well, there not clearly visible when they are at hempriggs are they.:roll:

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:46
Oh well, I'm just stating what I know.