PDA

View Full Version : Whose better at budgeting?

cuddlepop
11-Mar-10, 16:34
After all these years ladies when we were blamed for spending all the money.its now been proven that men all along were the ones that were useless with their budgets.:lol:

Think we need a woman for chancellor and maybe then the countrys books will balance.

i've alwas been left to make the money stretch as far as possible so i think for a wee experiment Oh can take charge for a wee while.:eek:

Well what do others think in the men v woman and "housekeeping" debate.

ducati
11-Mar-10, 16:35
After all these years ladies when we were blamed for spending all the money.its now been proven that men all along were the ones that were useless with their budgets.:lol:

Think we need a woman for chancellor and maybe then the countrys books will balance.

i've alwas been left to make the money stretch as far as possible so i think for a wee experiment Oh can take charge for a wee while.:eek:

No contest her every time :lol:

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-10, 17:21
I don't think Jacqui Smith is too hot in this department.

The Drunken Duck
11-Mar-10, 17:35
Female Chancellor ?? .. Wouldnt work.

"Chancellor, we have just found a £500,000,000 surplus in the nations finances."

"No we dont .. already spent it on some really nice shoes"

poppett
11-Mar-10, 18:08
We tried that experiment 10 years ago CP. OH lasted about an hour after he discovered what benefit pay-day entailed in the days before it went straight to the bank and everything was paid by standing order and direct debit. He still has no clue how much he basics bread and milk would cost.:roll:

cuddlepop
11-Mar-10, 18:19
We tried that experiment 10 years ago CP. OH lasted about an hour after he discovered what benefit pay-day entailed in the days before it went straight to the bank and everything was paid by standing order and direct debit. He still has no clue how much he basics bread and milk would cost.:roll:

Oh thinks I'm joking but I alwas feel like the badie when I say we cant afford it.:(

Invisible
11-Mar-10, 18:20
Female Chancellor ?? .. Wouldnt work.

"Chancellor, we have just found a £500,000,000 surplus in the nations finances."

"No we dont .. already spent it on some really nice shoes"

I was going to say the same thing.

So if there was a Woman Chancellor, she would change the colour of the briefcase because it doesn't doesn't match her clothes. :Razz

Bobinovich
11-Mar-10, 19:09
Not gonna get into the Men v's Women part - I think it depends on each individual's ability

Bob gets comfortable on 'e fence once more :lol:

horseman
11-Mar-10, 22:17
No contest with us-all she is good for is spending the stuff!
Well with little bits added on,I have my moments-but she (cat's mum)comes out tops at wasting the dosh. Could go for gold there.;)

Dadie
11-Mar-10, 22:49
What is his is mines.
Whats mines is mines.:lol:

only joking.... hubby does the bills (mostly online) as I cant be bothered to do the comparisms looking for the best deals.
and I do food/grocery type shopping as I do the cooking and washing I can buy the stuff that everyone will eat and washing powder that doesnt make the girls skin react!

The money comes out a joint account.

Oops just spending his money on curtains from ebay that comes out of his account (not the joint one)

sweetpea
12-Mar-10, 00:16

Whoever is better at making it go further so have control of the purse strings.

cuddlepop
12-Mar-10, 17:29
Whoever is better at making it go further so have control of the purse strings.

Very true Sweetpea but I also think its an attitude thing too between couples.
This time because its a "we" relationship I can save some money.:D