PDA

View Full Version : Daz Sampson - Eurovision

neepnipper
19-May-06, 13:50
What do you think of our entry for Eurovision, that fantastic singing and song writing competion that's not at all political!

I like our entry is great in a naff sort of way! Defintely not the usual 'boom bang a bang'!

Does anybody actually watch it?

I remember my mum sitting me and my sister down with pen and paper so the family could give each entry a mark out of ten, by the time I'd reached about fourteen I'd had enough and refused to take part!

rainbow
19-May-06, 15:50
I quite like the song - catchy, a sort of Eminem meets Brittney Spears!!! However the whole concept of the Eurovision Song Contest has gone out the window, as it is too political nowadays. The Baltic states always vote for the Baltic states etc. Its worth watching for Terry Wogans mocking comments. Lets hope we do not have the shame of getting Nil Points!!!

ice box
19-May-06, 18:14
Fingers crossed anyway

obiron
19-May-06, 18:45
[quote=rainbow]I quite like the song - catchy, a sort of Eminem meets Brittney Spears!!!

would think emimem would be gutted to hear that.
eurovision is a heap of rubbish, the songs awful. this years entry is terrible granted not as bad as last year, but its still not going to do very great with all the political voting. coldplay or robbie williams could enter and still do badly.

garycs
20-May-06, 10:43
Eurovision is the best night in of the year! To really appreciate the occasion you have to do 70's retro; cheese fondue washed down with Babycham and cherry brandy.

I particularly enjoy the irony:

Voting that's completely dependent on geography rather than standard of song or performance.

Nobody voting for UK since we decided to be part of the global police in fact even Greece and Turkey would rather vote for each other than give us points.

Yet virtually every country sings in English and the presenters mainly use English.

However the high point of the whole evening has to be Terry Wogan and his silken insults.

As for Daz Sampson, I'm sure he entered for a laugh, the national vote went along with the joke and we don't care about the result, afterall we can't get kicked out of the competition 'cos the BBC is the biggest financial contributor

outsider
28-May-06, 15:40
I think our entry was crap...

He came 19th...me and my mates watched the whole thing and rated them out of 10...lol!!...We thot Finland wud win!!...Yay!!...:Razz

kas
28-May-06, 20:20
I agree our entry was the worst. I though he looked like a comedian imitating a rapper, some homework is needed for next year. I was wanting Lithuania to win, sadly they came 5th.

mccaugm
28-May-06, 20:40
:roll: I sat through the whole thing with 5 kids and my husband. First time in years . Best laugh we had in ages....I agree Daz was somewhat naff...my hubby actually thought Britain stood a chance.

JAWS
28-May-06, 21:26
It's many years since I bothered watching it. The most interesting part was always the voting.
You could always tell which Countries had fallen out in the previous twelve months and which had kissed and made up. What a laugh that was.
"We know you won't give us anything so we won't give you anything either! So there!"
Then, of course, there was poor Iceland who everybody felt it safe to pick on!"

celtic 302
28-May-06, 22:24
i thought our entry was ok, however. havin older woman dressed as school girls on a program that many children watch... also i thought finland were CRAPE, but i seem to be in a minority with that opinion. the only good thing about watchin it is terry wogan and his insults. And, if u want to catch up on European politics...