PDA

View Full Version : Workplace Bullying

ŠAmethyst
10-Mar-10, 21:06
Hi all... Just wanting to know if where others work have an anti bullying policy that actually gets used and how effective is it?

I love my job but I have seen some bullying in the time I've been there (about 2 years). In all the cases that I have seen, none of it has had anything done about it - I work for a large organisation and have colleagues all over the country but from what I have seen lately I wonder why some of my colleagues have bothered to stick it out for, in some cases, all of their working lives.

Fluff
10-Mar-10, 21:18
I work for Boots and it is taken very seriously. I have not had any instances that I know of in my branch (but other serious issues have been taken care of quickly) but I know of other branches where bullying has happened and the individual has been disciplined.

Doreen
10-Mar-10, 21:58
i worked as a carer for a new company that has taken clients on here the team leader was a nightemare she was not professonial at her job at all she was so rude cursed and swore did not ever give praise when a good job was done had her favorites there was ten of us that started with them now i believe there is only three left however she got a job as a team leader i will never know i loved my job but was not staying there cant believe shes still there.

Bazeye
10-Mar-10, 23:12
Just....erm, pop something into their kettle to chill them out a bit.

northener
11-Mar-10, 00:07
I have an Anti-Bullying procedure in my business.

Anybody disagrees with me and I'll kick the crap out of them.....

Hat, coat, door.

upolian
11-Mar-10, 00:09
I have an Anti-Bullying procedure in my business.

Anybody disagrees with me and I'll kick the crap out of them.....

Hat, coat, door.

loving the avatar[lol][lol]

horseman
11-Mar-10, 00:10
i worked as a carer for a new company that has taken clients on here the team leader was a nightemare she was not professonial at her job at all she was so rude cursed and swore did not ever give praise when a good job was done had her favorites there was ten of us that started with them now i believe there is only three left however she got a job as a team leader i will never know i loved my job but was not staying there cant believe shes still there.

What an awful scenario, big time baddie that,can only hope the bat comes up against a brick wall.;)

achingale
11-Mar-10, 11:18
I think all business have an antibullying policy but it is not always implemented. Bullies only do it because they are jealous, but complain, complain, complain. That is all you can do. Or ask them why they are doing it. I will bet they will have no answer for that and will be shocked that they were even asked. Make them aware of what they are doing. Maybe worth a shot for those out there suffering in silence.

northener
11-Mar-10, 12:28
And there's the other side of the coin, where those who are lazy and useless at their job hide behind 'bullying' claims when confronted.

ducati
11-Mar-10, 12:42
And there's the other side of the coin, where those who are lazy and useless at their job hide behind 'bullying' claims when confronted.

Damn! Catched! :eek:

cuddlepop
11-Mar-10, 12:58
HC has a policy that is so heavily loaded in favour of "senior" managers, to the one thats being bullied thats its not worth the paper its written on.:mad:

A Personel officer actually admited that her job was to represent management,so who repesents the work force?.....dont say the union because they go for a "win,win situation "

Primark on the otherhand acted straight away when staff were complaining about a supervisors attitude and they became "all sweetness and light".:)

Gronnuck
11-Mar-10, 13:04
Hi all... Just wanting to know if where others work have an anti bullying policy that actually gets used and how effective is it?

I love my job but I have seen some bullying in the time I've been there (about 2 years). In all the cases that I have seen, none of it has had anything done about it - I work for a large organisation and have colleagues all over the country but from what I have seen lately I wonder why some of my colleagues have bothered to stick it out for, in some cases, all of their working lives.

If you are being bullied or harrassed go here (http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1864) for information then make an appointment to speak with someone at the Citizens Advice office.

wicker8
11-Mar-10, 13:35
And there's the other side of the coin, where those who are lazy and useless at their job hide behind 'bullying' claims when confronted. so very true

celtic lass
11-Mar-10, 23:19
now that is a good point:lol:

Mrs Bucket
12-Mar-10, 19:22
That sounds familiar to me. It could be that they supply feedback to the big cheif

ŠAmethyst
13-Mar-10, 10:36
Thanks for your feedback! I know what someone means about personnel backing management and unions... well, now and then I think you can come across a union rep that thinks only of themselves.

The scenario with the carers is incredibly similar to one of the departments in my workplace. I would hate to be in such a situation.

I really appreciate all your comments :) Thank you!

annthracks
13-Mar-10, 13:42
If you are being bullied or harrassed go here (http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1864) for information then make an appointment to speak with someone at the Citizens Advice office.

I'd agree with Gronnuck there, go to the C.A.B and maybe drop a hint to the higher ups at work that you might see if the European court of human rights will take your case on. Got that Irish bloke 5k a few years ago :-)

Doreen
14-Mar-10, 22:29
I believe the bat is still there she has not hit a brick wall yet shame.