PDA

View Full Version : Check your receipts

achingale
10-Mar-10, 14:06
When we go food shopping we buy a lot of stuff because I have three children. Usually it costs around £110 per week. So I was surprised when I checked my till receipt and found I had been charged for something 12 times! And it comes to about £12. The receipt, however, is 2 weeks old so I do not hold out much hope of a refund but I will be telling them what I think.

Shabbychic
10-Mar-10, 14:12
That happened to my mum once in Lidls. She was charged for 20 packets of Cream Crackers. The following week she went back to Lidls with the receipt and they apoligised and refunded her money no problem.

It's worth a try taking it back to the shop, as there are some items people just wouldn't buy 12 of, and they'll see it was a mistake. :)

NLP
10-Mar-10, 14:19
I was once over charged in the Coop(paid for 20 scones instead of 4) and when I went back for a refund I got told of for not noticing it when it happened.

onecalledk
10-Mar-10, 14:50
a certain large supermarket in Wick seems notorious for not giving the promotions it advertises when said items go through the till there. Lost count of the number of times I have had to go back into the store after reading receipt on way out to the car park ........

K

ducati
10-Mar-10, 15:31
a certain large supermarket in Wick seems notorious for not giving the promotions it advertises when said items go through the till there. Lost count of the number of times I have had to go back into the store after reading receipt on way out to the car park ........

K

A certain large supermarket in wick?..with a carpark...which one..which one...:confused

floyed
10-Mar-10, 15:34
A certain large supermarket in wick?..with a carpark...which one..which one...:confused

LOL.........:lol::lol:

joxville
10-Mar-10, 15:39

K

Is it ASDA? I'll bet a fiver it is. :)

Sage
10-Mar-10, 15:40
I always check my reciepts now after being over charged quite often when Tescos in Thurso was Safeway.

Talking about the T word...fab promotion on the other day - Robinsons juice 2 for £2-20 on the gondola end.....go to the juice aisle £1-25 bogof :eek:

Needless to say I checked to make sure mine went through as the cheaper promo [lol]

Phill
10-Mar-10, 18:42
Is it ASDA? I'll bet a fiver it is. :)

Waitrose?!

onecalledk
10-Mar-10, 20:00
give you a clue, they have petrol for sale really nearby, well sometimes when they havent run out ;)

K

Kodiak
11-Mar-10, 00:46
There is a certain shop very close to where I live, it is what would be called a Local shop.

Their Till does not show what they are ringing up and you have to wait for them to tell you the amount that you owe.

They will not give you a receipt either.

On quite a few times I have had to point out that their total was incorrect.
Their excuse is always the same, a computer error. When I go there now I always calculate the total before I get close to the till

I only go in now when I really have to but I always make sure that I only pay the correct amount.

Bobinovich
11-Mar-10, 00:58
Knowing roughly where you live Kodiak I'll be paying more attention next time I'm there...

rs 2k
11-Mar-10, 09:23
There is a certain shop very close to where I live, it is what would be called a Local shop.

Their Till does not show what they are ringing up and you have to wait for them to tell you the amount that you owe.

They will not give you a receipt either.

On quite a few times I have had to point out that their total was incorrect.
Their excuse is always the same, a computer error. When I go there now I always calculate the total before I get close to the till

I only go in now when I really have to bout I always make sure that I only pay the correct amount.

If its the shop i think u are on about, i was in there last night and they have new tils with big LCD screens facing u, so u can now c what u are paying etc :D much better, but the screens are a bit big, in the way really but at least u get a good view of the prices :Razz

dragonfly
11-Mar-10, 10:03

K

the one in Thurso is the same, I always check to make sure the discounts are given or the discounted price is on the receipt instead of the original one. They used to give you back double your money, now its just the price difference, obviously losing too much to continue to give double

achingale
11-Mar-10, 11:10
I have been caught out with the discounts before. I went to the Co-op to buy cheese that was half price, but as usual I had other things in the basket and only noticed I had paid the full price when I got home. Thinking back I should have gone back in and complained.