PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

Vistravi
10-Mar-10, 12:37
I'm due an upgrade on my mobile in a couple of months. Not sure of what phone to go for next.

I have the sony ericsson c905. I choose it as it has a brilliant 8mp camera and looks pretty good to me anyway.

I don't like touch screen but wouldn't mind a little bit touch screen as long as it had a flip out keyboard. I take lots of photos so it has to have a really good camera on it. 8mp and up.

Anything anyone thinks would suit the bill?

I don't mind the type of phone as a couple of hours of fiddling with it and i have any phone sussed. The only phones i'm wary of are the nokias as my partner has had nokia after nokia and he has had nothing but problems with them. I've had to send my phone of once compared to the four times he has had to send his of last year.

cuddlepop
10-Mar-10, 13:13
Sony Ericsons are good but I've found with my daughters new Sanyo its got a mind of its own,dempremental .:eek:

why dont you just get a new one of the same model you have?

Nibbler
10-Mar-10, 13:19
Hi Vistravi

I am a Sony Ericsson girl myself and do like them.

I was looking at upgrading to the C905 but have now decided on the W995. Although primarily aimed at music, it says it has a really good camera as well so this is what I will get when my upgrade is due.

It is a minefield out there for mobiles - dont fancy your task!!! :eek:

Vistravi
10-Mar-10, 17:44
Sony Ericsons are good but I've found with my daughters new Sanyo its got a mind of its own,dempremental .

why dont you just get a new one of the same model you have?

I tend to get bored of phones. Had this one for a year or so now. I can keep it when my contract is up anyway so i can have it as a spare or sell it on whatever i choose. I would like to have a new toy just not sure which one :lol:

Hi Vistravi

I am a Sony Ericsson girl myself and do like them.

I was looking at upgrading to the C905 but have now decided on the W995. Although primarily aimed at music, it says it has a really good camera as well so this is what I will get when my upgrade is due.

It is a minefield out there for mobiles - dont fancy your task!!! :eek:

Ah i forgot about that one. One of my collegues has it and i do remember having a look and noting down the model name. I find sony ericsson so easy to use as they all have the same software. :)

I've been thinking that i'd quite fancy having a bigger screen but i don't want to lose the good camera and would not touch a phone that is all touch screen. Have not been impressed by the iphones at all or the latest ones that are all touch screen but have a 12mp camera. I like the idea of the camera but its not worth it if the phone is all touch screen as i know from experience how annoying it is when the software starts going funny.

My problem is that with a phone i want a good camera but i'm fussy about the rest of the phone too. I am my own worst enemy lol.

I have decided though that the W995 is defintly a good option. I keep the good camera and i won't need a seperate mp4 player.

cuddlepop
10-Mar-10, 18:47
I tend to get bored of phones. Had this one for a year or so now. I can keep it when my contract is up anyway so i can have it as a spare or sell it on whatever i choose. I would like to have a new toy just not sure which one

Ah i forgot about that one. One of my collegues has it and i do remember having a look and noting down the model name. I find sony ericsson so easy to use as they all have the same software. :)

I've been thinking that i'd quite fancy having a bigger screen but i don't want to lose the good camera and would not touch a phone that is all touch screen. Have not been impressed by the iphones at all or the latest ones that are all touch screen but have a 12mp camera. I like the idea of the camera but its not worth it if the phone is all touch screen as i know from experience how annoying it is when the software starts going funny.

My problem is that with a phone i want a good camera but i'm fussy about the rest of the phone too. I am my own worst enemy lol.

You could be my daughter....:lol:
She's currently ditched the new touch screen because its so unreliable and has gone back to her "boring" old phone which is only a year old.:roll:

ShelleyCowie
10-Mar-10, 19:40
Have you seen the new Sony Erricson?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/Sony%20Ericsson/Aino

This is the one that OH wants. :roll:

Then this is my phone with a poop 5m camera on it. But i do like the phone!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/c902?cc=gb&lc=en

poppett
10-Mar-10, 19:59
Sorry I can`t advise you as I have an original Nokia 3310 which recently had its 10th birthday.........pet name..........my housebrick. It is vodafone and works where no one else gets signal, battery stays charged up to three days and it is worth much more now than when I bought it.

Hubby is on phone number four and the most recent one at christmas is touch screen. I don`t like the feel of it at all and always have to use the stylus.

Whatever you chose, have fun with it.

Vistravi
10-Mar-10, 22:00
Have you seen the new Sony Erricson?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/Sony%20Ericsson/Aino

This is the one that OH wants. :roll:

Then this is my phone with a poop 5m camera on it. But i do like the phone!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/c902?cc=gb&lc=en

Oh i do like the one your oh likes. it looks very cool. I'm unfortuntly on t-mobile so hopefully they have it by the time i'm due an upgrade as its a nice option.

Vistravi
10-Mar-10, 22:01
You could be my daughter....:lol:
She's currently ditched the new touch screen because its so unreliable and has gone back to her "boring" old phone which is only a year old.:roll:

I find you get too used to the one phone. Its alot of fun changing it. Keeps the mind growing especilly when the new phone is completly different.

I find a year and a half is enough time. I'm ready for a new one and to learn how to use a new one. I do like my current phone and i plan to keep it as a spare or to sell it on and make some money out of it.

teddybear1873
10-Mar-10, 22:05
I have a Blackberry Curve 8300. Without a doubt the best phone I have ever had. Great apps, software and battery life. Not even sure if you can get this phone in the UK yet.

telfordstar
10-Mar-10, 22:55
I have the samsung tocco ultra lite. It has both touch screen and the keyboard that slides out. Great phone with an 8mp camera.

scorrie
10-Mar-10, 23:33
The mutts nuts?

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/htc-desire.htm

young_fishin_neep
10-Mar-10, 23:49
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/aino --- i luuurrrvvv this, but ages till my contract is up. would do for what u want and more too lol

x

redeyedtreefrog
11-Mar-10, 21:08
Depends on your budget, but if you can afford it get a phone running Android, it's brilliant.