PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh WM

rfr10
18-May-06, 20:38
Has anyone applied/ going to apply for a job at the Edinburgh Woolen Mill? I have requested an application form as it is the only retailer that I can find who employs 15 year olds. Will it be all older people working there and will it be all ladies? I don't want to be the only boy working there.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 20:55
Has anyone applied/ going to apply for a job at the Edinburgh Woolen Mill? I have requested an application form as it is the only retailer that I can find who employs 15 year olds. Will it be all older people working there and will it be all ladies? I don't want to be the only boy working there.

Don't worry Robin.The auld ladies will make ye feel at home.Everyday ye go into work they will ruffle yer hair and say,"Oh wur wee boyagee."

Just imagine it like yer auld aunties who come round and gi ye a kiss without their false teeth in.......man,I still have the nightmares.:lol:

Chillie
18-May-06, 21:17
Don't worry Robin.The auld ladies will make ye feel at home.Everyday ye go into work they will ruffle yer hair and say,"Oh wur wee boyagee."

Just imagine it like yer auld aunties who come round and gi ye a kiss without their false teeth in.......man,I still have the nightmares.:lol:

Suppose, it's better than fumbling around a lot of old, rotting, squidgie fruit.[lol]

connieb19
18-May-06, 21:21
Suppose, it's better than fumbling around a lot of old, rotting, squidgie fruit.[lol]I suppose fumbling around a lot of old, rotting food is better than doing nothing..:roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:22
Suppose, it's better than fumbling around a lot of old, rotting, squidgie fruit.[lol]

Thats ma favourite job of all..........mmmmmm fruit.:lol:

Chillie
18-May-06, 21:25
Thats ma favourite job of all..........mmmmmm fruit.:lol:

Mmmmmmm, Me to I love a fresh fruit salad:lol:

angela5
19-May-06, 18:52

Nothing wrong with being the only boy robin,they'll spoil you rotten. Go for it and good luck.:D

rfr10
19-May-06, 18:58
Does anyone have any pictures of their uniform?

obiron
19-May-06, 19:00
nope but do they wear tartan??

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:02
I think so, well if it's the same uniform as John O' Groats then yes- I think but thats the ladies, not sure about men.

footie chick
19-May-06, 19:04
Full highland oufit and I've also heard the old dears check if your a true scotsman or not! :lol:

pultneytooner
19-May-06, 19:05
Does anyone have any pictures of their uniform? They'll probably give you a wooly gansy.:D

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:06
Don't put me off now...:lol:

obiron
19-May-06, 19:13
im sure you'll look lovely in your tartan trousers and waistcoat.

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:15
I'll just wear my pyjama trousers, they look like the ones they wear at John O Groats LOL. How to you get trained to work in the shop? Do you go to the shop when it is closed to customers and people show you what to do or what?

obiron
19-May-06, 19:19
dunno they could do seeing as how its a new shop.

footie chick
19-May-06, 19:24
Stuff on their website looks ok no tartan in site. Are they having a cafe?

angela5
19-May-06, 19:25
nope but do they wear tartan??

Are ye sure it's not winter woolies they wear:eek:

rfr10
19-May-06, 19:26
Who will be going up to look around when it's open?