PDA

View Full Version : Haldanes

Venture
09-Mar-10, 13:40
So what does everyone think of the new Supermarket, Haldanes? I shopped there this morning and was quite impressed by the new spacious layout. Good to see local veg. on sale, like John O'Groats tatties, turnip and cabbage. Caithness eggs and local bakery Macdonalds also filling the shelves. A lot of good opening offers and new items. Good to see all the former friendly Somerfields staff there and well done to Jennifer Oliphant on becoming store manager. I for one will shop there regularly. :)

poppett
09-Mar-10, 14:39
Pleased to hear of your positive shopping experience. Hope to get to Wick tomorrow for a sneeky peek at their wares.

Dadie
09-Mar-10, 14:42
Was going to pop in on my way back from Wick but ran out of time!
Does it have more interesting "different" stock to the other supermarkets and whats the prices like?
ie is it going to cost more to shop there for the basics?

johnlc
09-Mar-10, 17:18
whats opening and closing times ?
xxx

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
09-Mar-10, 17:29
glad to hear itd a better store but Macdonalsd? did they not try them out before they filled the shelvesd? if they can ever indentfiy whcih animal gray meat comes from then i might eat it.

Julia
09-Mar-10, 18:26
whats opening and closing times ?
xxx

Quite impressive, it's open until 9pm Mon - Sat, and 9am - 7pm on Sundays, think it opens at 8am Mon - Fri?

Venture
09-Mar-10, 18:34
glad to hear itd a better store but Macdonalsd? did they not try them out before they filled the shelvesd? if they can ever indentfiy whcih animal gray meat comes from then i might eat it.

Maybe you can enlighten us, as to what it is you are on about.

johnlc
09-Mar-10, 19:16
Thanxs for that julia,that is really good xxx

purplelady
09-Mar-10, 22:57
went in today was pretty impressed by the lay out the prices are not too bad at all think they open AT 7 TILL 9 MON TO SAT and 9 TILL 7 SUN don't ouote me may be wrong lol x

phil1958
10-Mar-10, 17:30
no your right purple lady its julia thats got it wrong :lol:

annthracks
10-Mar-10, 17:50
Where's this please?

changilass
10-Mar-10, 17:55
What used to be Wick safeway, down by the river.

To be honest, other than the uniform change not much difference.

suth13
10-Mar-10, 18:58
what are you on about?.

scorpion
10-Mar-10, 19:17

Someone is getting Macdonalds Bakery mixed up with a rather well known fast food chain

poppett
10-Mar-10, 19:44
Some interesting bargains in the £1 section and was really chuffed with 600 sandwich bags for £1, also some nice gifts. Met at the door with a girl pushing bunches of flowers for mothers day. They were really not worth the £9.99 but OH wanted to treat me. The £4.99 bouquet my friend chose was much nicer and better value.

Everywhere I go I normally have carrier bags in my handbag and am famous for giving them to folk who are trying to balance lots of little bags. Today I had the one handbag with no carrier bags, and were there in a car with no bags or shopping crates in the boot..........a man`s car.......... Haldanes had no sturdy logo bags and flimsy Nisa ones were 2pence each. I took one and managed to pack £35 worth of shopping into it. I would happily have paid even a pound for a hessian one, like my ASDA bag, or the DE shoe bag I usually have out with me.

Clean shop and plenty of choice within the lines..for example five different brands of stewed steak. Like the idea of the sandwiches, hot snacks, salads and cold drinks at the front entrance kiosk, but the girl serving was not very knowledgeable about some of the products on sale behind her counter. I can never understand why shops sell a particular brand of gents razor, but don`t stock the refil blades.

Would call in again if I was going to Wick on an errand, but wouldn`t go there as the Nisa brand groceries are all available in my local shop, Frasers on Castlegreen Road, Thurso.

egregory
10-Mar-10, 19:44

Not sure what you are on about??????????????

Venture
10-Mar-10, 20:07
They charge 2p for their carrier bags but the money goes to local charities.:)

The Drunken Duck
11-Mar-10, 00:23
Had some of their baked tatties for my dinner, 4 for 80p so good value and they were some of the best I have tasted. We have just had one open here as a re-badged Somerfield and the fruit and veg is miles better than it was. Which is good for me as I am on a diet.

The shop is also better laid out than the Somerfield was and has more space.

philupmaboug
11-Mar-10, 01:23
Was there today and thought it was a load of ****(noncencence) another company who will last 2 minutes, stood in a que for five minutes with one item and five staff couldnt work out the time of day!

scorrie
11-Mar-10, 13:03
Was there today and thought it was a load of ****(noncencence) another company who will last 2 minutes, stood in a que for five minutes with one item and five staff couldnt work out the time of day!

If you were in the queue for five minutes they have already exceeded your prediction of a two minute tenure.

GLENELG
14-Mar-10, 00:24
So what does everyone think of the new Supermarket, Haldanes? I shopped there this morning and was quite impressed by the new spacious layout. Good to see local veg. on sale, like John O'Groats tatties, turnip and cabbage. Caithness eggs and local bakery Macdonalds also filling the shelves. A lot of good opening offers and new items. Good to see all the former friendly Somerfields staff there and well done to Jennifer Oliphant on becoming store manager. I for one will shop there regularly. :)
But no Claymore Milk.:lol: