PDA

View Full Version : Mod and HomeAid

sadam
09-Mar-10, 09:56
I was under the impression that Home Aid shop was dedicated to raising funds to support the homeles or the needy or something along this lines, I have bought a lot from it myself and like it, But Why has the Mod taken over a whole window?

weeboyagee
09-Mar-10, 10:14
Given the amount of foot traffic that the Mod will create this year, we thought it would be a great idea to allow a charity to receive the benefit of that foot traffic. Hosting the Mod bit in the home aid shop could encourage people who may not normally visit the shop to come in the door - there is a likelihood that they will spend time looking around once they're in. Our local organising committee are delighted that we have been able to support the local community like this rather than have our goods and promotion undertaken solely in retail premises with no possible benefits to local charities.

We believe that this is a good way to show support to the local community and given the fact that between now and the Mod we expect upwards of 9,000 visitors who will all look for where to get their programmes, Mod goodies etc - I think that I would be clapping my hands if I thought they would be coming into my charity shop to get these goods and possibly have a nose around when normally I wouldn't expect visitors to our county to do so.

Hope that helps

WBG :cool:

Gronnuck
09-Mar-10, 12:44
:D Crackin' idea.
As a non-Gaelic speaking lowlander I'm quite looking forward to having all those visitors and seeing and hearing first hand what the Mod is all about.:D

(But I don't think we need any Gaelic road signs.) ;)