PDA

View Full Version : Tempest Cafe (Old Surf Shop)

celtic1888
09-Mar-10, 00:08
Went here for food with the OH the last two days.
They are fantastic for food, and very reasonable pricing!
Anytime i fancy going out for lunch it will be Tempest i go to.
best place for food in thurso id say..

bekisman
09-Mar-10, 12:09
Yep, you're right, took a friend there the other day - we've not been for a while, see that the 'surf shop' part has gone and it's now all tables and comfortable chairs..

northener
09-Mar-10, 13:05
Yep, you're right, took a friend there the other day - we've not been for a while, see that the 'surf shop' part has gone and it's now all tables and comfortable chairs..

That's a pity, really. But I guess if the turnover isn't cutting the custard, then you have to be honest about it's viability.

I like the caff, so extending it into the other area makes good sense to me. I hope they do even better than they are now.

Connor.
09-Mar-10, 23:31
I agree, i've been quite a few times recently.

Can't beat their chicken and haggis panini's. Their coleslaw is really well made aswell.

Would recommend to anyone.

stiggy
23-Jul-10, 11:31
Picked my daughter up the other day and took her to Tempest for a drink and cake now bearing in mind it was gone 4pm when we got there she wanted Chocolate cake and it was all gone, they had 6 or 7 other but she was upset as no chocolate.

The young lady behind the counter asked the other lady if she had one in the cupboard that she could make up. Now in a lot of places they would have said no at that time of day but not at Tempest she said yes no problem will just take about 10 mins stopped what she was doing made up cream filling and decorated cake and presto 10 mins later a very happy child was sitting munching on Chocolate cake with maltesers.

To me this was exceptional service and goes that very extra way.:)

Have family coming to visit next week and will definately be taking them to Tempest. Oh and the pecan pie is to die for yummy;)

roadbowler
24-Jul-10, 11:51
yea, thumbs up. I go there everytime im in thurso. Not often enough! Try their iced coffee / frappaccino drinks. Dare ye to no sook it doon in one go! Lovely! Great all day brekkies too even for vegetarians.