PDA

View Full Version : Loft insulation

madmissus
08-Mar-10, 01:41
Has anybody else taken up the offer of free insulation? I filled in questionnaire recently, assured that everybody who needs it will get free insulation but my OH isnt so sure, he thinks there must be a catch? Would be interested to hear orgers experiences!!

Scunner
08-Mar-10, 02:26
Got the free insulation abour 18 months ago. The house now seems much warmer.

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 16:15
how do you go about getting this?

ShelleyCowie
08-Mar-10, 16:32
how do you go about getting this?

You will have to pay for it my dear, u own your house! ;) Thats what you get for being posh lol.

We filled out the application, they said they would send someone and nobody ever came back. That was last year! :confused

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 16:35
You will have to pay for it my dear, u own your house! ;) Thats what you get for being posh lol.

We filled out the application, they said they would send someone and nobody ever came back. That was last year! :confused
my goodness ,never been called posh before

Scunner
08-Mar-10, 17:12
I own my house, but still got the free insulation. Look on Highland Council website, maybe find something there

Truewoman
08-Mar-10, 21:54
We got free insulation recently through the people doing the door to door energy survey in Thurso, don't recall name - sorry. We own our own home but were still given it for free, we also opted for cavity wall insulation which cost £149. Cannot believe the difference both make, if anything house is too toasty now :D

Aaldtimer
08-Mar-10, 22:00
Just Google for "Free Loft Insulation" for a host of links & info.:)

Scunner
08-Mar-10, 22:40
We got free insulation recently through the people doing the door to door energy survey in Thurso, don't recall name - sorry. We own our own home but were still given it for free, we also opted for cavity wall insulation which cost £149. Cannot believe the difference both make, if anything house is too toasty now :D

It was Pollards of 2 Princes Street, that were doing the rounds

igglepiggle
09-Mar-10, 10:22
We got ours done for free also and we own our own home. Very worth while getting it as it makes a big difference and costs nothing!