PDA

View Full Version : Thomson / smith

grandmabear
08-Mar-10, 00:56
I am currently researching my family history, My 2xgrt Grandparents were William Thomson and Chritian Stiven, of Wick Caithness, William was a ships master and drowned at sea during a storm february 1843. Leaving his wife and children Catherine, William, Peter, george and Robert. I have very little informmation on Catherine, she married William Smith , a plasterer of wick and their children I have so far are williamina,James, Christina, Catherine and William. I would love to find out more about Catherine and her family if anyone can help? Do any of their decendants still live in the area? I am her brother Roberts grt grand daughter
Thanks Jan

Kris
08-Mar-10, 22:15
Hi Jan,
William Smith was born Watten 1806 to James Smith & Christian Mowat. He died 2 May 1879 Argyle Sq, Pulteneytown. Wm Smith & Catherine Thomson had a son William born 1858 who married Joanne Nicol 17 Nov 1881 at Kinnaird Street, Pulteneytown, he also was a plasterer.
Their daughter Catherine Smith b1854 d24 Jul 1878 Argyle Sq. Pulteneytown married Alexander McLean, Fisherman, 28 Aug 1877 Argyle Sq, Pulteneytown.
Daughter Christina Smith b1850 d 4 Aug 1872 Argyle Sq, Pulteneytown.
Sorry I cannot help with living relatives.

Kris

grandmabear
09-Mar-10, 04:03
Thanks Kris I much appreciate the information
Jan