PDA

View Full Version : What questions bother you?

Kenn
07-Mar-10, 23:41
I was watching the HD programme about the sun tonight and the presenter stated that there are 20 billion stars in the universe.

I want to know who went out there and counted them.

Tubthumper
07-Mar-10, 23:51
Where do babies come from? That's always a cracker. Especially when I have to say I have no idea.

crayola
08-Mar-10, 00:29
What's it like being dead?

gleeber
08-Mar-10, 08:01
Who made God?

Invisible
08-Mar-10, 09:34
Can I ask you a question? - that bothers me cos you just did.

Kathy@watten
08-Mar-10, 09:36
How much was that?

Invisible
08-Mar-10, 09:37
Do you want a smack? well if your giving me the choice ill politely decline

Dadie
08-Mar-10, 09:51
Why?...(answer).Why?.(cos I said so)...Why?...ARRGGhh!

Thumper
08-Mar-10, 15:50
why do you never see a bird falling out of the sky dead? I KNOW they do if they are shot but why no other time?Thats bugged me since I was a child!x

ShelleyCowie
08-Mar-10, 15:57
A question from my OH today.

"Why is a clothes horse called a clothes horse? because it looks nothing like a horse?"

:roll:

dozy
08-Mar-10, 15:58
I was watching the HD programme about the sun tonight and the presenter stated that there are 20 billion stars in the universe.

There are between 20-100 billion stars in the our Galaxy ie Milky-Way (not the sweet) and 140 billion galaxies in the Universe .....

Kenn
08-Mar-10, 16:20
Yes but who counted them?

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 16:20

"Why is a clothes horse called a clothes horse? because it looks nothing like a horse?"

you know what ,ive always thought the same thing

ShelleyCowie
08-Mar-10, 16:27

That really doesnt surprise me! U and him are 2 peas in a pod :lol:

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 16:31
ha ha i know ,

annthracks
08-Mar-10, 16:45
Who made God?

Man did! In his own image. :) :P

bish667
08-Mar-10, 16:47
Man did! In his own image. :) :P

Incorrect, man didnt make god, man is god :D

teddybear1873
08-Mar-10, 16:48
Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Invisible
08-Mar-10, 16:54
why do birds always poo on the car when its clean?

Vistravi
08-Mar-10, 16:59
Why?...(answer).Why?.(cos I said so)...Why?...ARRGGhh!

This question baffles me all the time. There's only so many answers that you can give before you simply can't answer it anymore ;)

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 17:00
Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
better concentration ???? lol

teddybear1873
08-Mar-10, 17:07
Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Alan16
08-Mar-10, 17:28

My semi-educated guess is that the number of stars in one area of our galaxy was counted, then applied to the total area of the galaxy. As somebody already said, the estimate is something vague like 20-100 million. If it was on some tv programme they were probably just taking the lower estimate, so they could go on to talk about something else.

Anyway, a couple of questions I've been asked recently which annoyed me are: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" and "Why do you so easily dismiss God?"... Urgh...

joxville
08-Mar-10, 18:03

I've always wondered that too. :eek:

What I'd like to know is: how many miles of fencing are there criss-crossing the UK?

Mik.M.
08-Mar-10, 18:14
I`m surprised no one has put this yet so I will.
"Do you take this woman?":lol:

Bazeye
08-Mar-10, 18:33
When you see someone looking at their watch for the time, go up to them and say "Excuse me have you got the right time please"? then watch them look again. I know its not a question but i dont care.

im behind you
08-Mar-10, 18:52

Q1 what is hd programme
Q2 or have got sky hd and you are just showing off
there thats my questions that bothers me the most

Each
08-Mar-10, 19:28
Are you real or are you just a figment of my imagination ? :eek:

George Brims
08-Mar-10, 20:43

I work with astronomers. They don't count all of them. They count how many are in a bit of the sky, then multiply. Of course that makes the number an estimate, not an exact count. BTW, I don't think there are 20 billion stars in the Universe, more like that number just in our own galaxy, the Milky Way, and there are millions of galaxies.

John Little
08-Mar-10, 21:33
Who is number 1?

Phill
08-Mar-10, 22:33
Who is number 1?

dunno, but he lives in Portmeirion apparently...........or is that Portgower...aarrrggg don't mention the vampires!

wicker8
08-Mar-10, 22:44
theres no hurry what time will you be????????????/

George Brims
08-Mar-10, 23:36
dunno, but he lives in Portmeirion apparently...........or is that Portgower...aarrrggg don't mention the vampires!
But who is 67? (is "Shutter Island" out in the UK yet?)

Elenna
09-Mar-10, 01:36
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :lol:

Aaldtimer
09-Mar-10, 03:46
Why do these things have to happen?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8554849.stm

[disgust]

Metalattakk
09-Mar-10, 04:06
It's often said in sporting circles: "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser".

But the same can be said conversely: "Show me a bad loser, and I'll show you a loser".

So why would anyone choose to be a bad loser?

bluechesse
09-Mar-10, 05:32
How do they get the chocolate on to maltezers? I've been pondering that little connumdrum for many years now.

The Drunken Duck
09-Mar-10, 09:04
"Lets get a Wii Fit !!" .. :mad: .. I hear it a lot these days.

Its my girlfriends latest issue to wear me down with. Its a pointless waste of money when we have pavements to walk, jog and cycle on and large areas of grass for football, rugby and athletics. Encouraging people to spend money so they can spend more time in front of a TV doing things they can do in the fresh air for nothing is silly.

So here's why I wont buy her one .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

Kevin Milkins
09-Mar-10, 09:35

11 billion, 9million, and 42100.271. :mad:Arrrgh, I wish you would shut up while I am trying to concentrate.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,;)

poppett
09-Mar-10, 14:41
When man went to the moon why did they not see angels sitting on the clouds?...............was my puzzling question as a child.

Dadie
09-Mar-10, 14:46
Are we there yet?
No
5 mins later
Are we there yet?
NO
2 mins later
Are we there yet?
....... we have not even crossed the causiemire on the way to Inverness.....
This can continue until we arrive or someone falls asleep...:(

Loraine
09-Mar-10, 19:22
theres no hurry what time will you be????????????/

OR

What time did you get in last night?

< answer - usually shaving off a couple of hours to be on the safe side >

No you didn't!......;)

BishBashBosh
09-Mar-10, 20:58
"REALLY??" that always gets to me. If iv already said it then, why do you need me to tell you that what iv said is what i wanted to say!

or something to that effect!

ShelleyCowie
10-Mar-10, 00:33
"REALLY??" that always gets to me. If iv already said it then, why do you need me to tell you that what iv said is what i wanted to say!

or something to that effect!

haha me and my sister said that the other day!

"I bought a new car today"

"Really?"

"No, im just lying to get you to say really!"

Makes me laugh though because i say it all the time! So does my sister :lol:

joxville
10-Mar-10, 01:07
"Where's the burds?"

changilass
10-Mar-10, 01:14
Eating the worms!!

golach
10-Mar-10, 09:31
Just been pondering, If air weighs nothing...why do drivers have to make sure their tyres have 32 lbs. at all times?

Vistravi
10-Mar-10, 12:40
What bothers me is when people touch my bump without asing or they ask while they're hands are on my bump. I hate it and if they asked first i would have no problem with it. The only person i really don't mind touching my bump anytime without asking is my partner. He's determined to feel our baby kick ;) Our wee monkey always waits untill he moves his hand of before he kicks lol

Thumper
10-Mar-10, 12:41
How much did that cost? Or did you really need another pair of shoes/boots or handbag?Both of those questions drive me cuckoo ;) x

Invisible
10-Mar-10, 13:52
The question that bothered me recently is

"Deal or No Deal?" or "Have you had an accident at work recently?"

northener
10-Mar-10, 13:59
This one took some answering by me:

"And just to get things clear, Sir. Could you explain to me exactly why you felt it was necessary to wheelie your motorbike the entire length of Bridge Street?"

octane
10-Mar-10, 14:07

Eh...thought there was always 1 (p's in pod) :lol:

riggerboy
10-Mar-10, 14:58
Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

nope they go chunky dunkin

annthracks
10-Mar-10, 15:10
LOL @ riggerboy

George Brims
10-Mar-10, 21:23
What bothers me is when people touch my bump without asing or they ask while they're hands are on my bump. I hate it and if they asked first i would have no problem with it. The only person i really don't mind touching my bump anytime without asking is my partner. He's determined to feel our baby kick ;) Our wee monkey always waits untill he moves his hand of before he kicks lol
Bump? What bump? (Obscure movie reference of the day).

horseman
11-Mar-10, 02:13
11 billion, 9million, and 42100.271. :mad:Arrrgh, I wish you would shut up while I am trying to concentrate.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,;)

Like that,nice one:D