PDA

View Full Version : Card Printing

zebedy
07-Mar-10, 23:00
Someone advised me there is a shop in Wick were I can buy a good bundle of card.

My band http://www.myspace.com/noexitwound

are going to be releasing our new single " Eyes In The Sky " very soon and we are planning on doing the single sleeve ourselves. We got the artwork back from our designer today, So now I'm looking now to were I can get some decent card for printing on, Preferably White Card.

Any advice would be welcome on where to get card from.
Kind Regards
Zeb

cherokee
08-Mar-10, 09:08
You should be able to get card from the craft shop in Wick, which is just behind Harrold's Butchers on High Street.
Just go down the wee lane at the left hand side of their shop and you'll see the craft shop on your immediate right.
I canna mind the name off hand - something like BCC ?

Jeid
08-Mar-10, 10:03
Pretty sure Durrands in Thurso or DR Simpsons in Wick will have it biy.

*Martin*
08-Mar-10, 10:45
What about bob millers copy shop by Tesco to save you a journey?

Dog-eared
08-Mar-10, 14:17
Bews newsagents .

patrick_boo
08-Mar-10, 15:58
I'd recommend blank slipcases which you can either print directly onto (depending on your printer - some Epsons for instance will print directly onto thick card) or stick your design.

http://www.images2.co.uk/Accessories/Music_And_Media.Sleeves-Card_And_PVC_For_Vinyl_And_CDs/CD_SLEEVES,_WHITE_CARD,_pack_of_100_CR399303.html

zebedy
09-Mar-10, 18:44
Thanks Patrick boo, But it would make it pointless having a designer for the artwork then. lol

patrick_boo
10-Mar-10, 13:20
I think you have mixed up the job of designer and printer perhaps. I've designed (and had designed) then printed many CD and vinyl releases so I've learnt by trial and error what works best and what costs... you can get photographic paper and good craft glue for cardboard sleeves which make a good product, or even self adhesive photo paper, but that is more expensive. If you already have plastic cases then You will have to make sure the product you get is well coated for inkjet or laser otherwise the card will soak up the ink and look faded and blurry. If you have a creative friend you couyld always make a lino print - my band released a 7" a few years back and we ordered blank cardboard sleeves and printed every one individually with a lino cut - it looked great.

Miss Dizzy
11-Mar-10, 17:11
The shop in Wick is called Barrett's Beads and Crafts. Their phone number is (01955) 609044. They are very helpful.:D