PDA

View Full Version : some kids of today

Doreen
07-Mar-10, 14:54
Just driving home from work passing howburn road when this thud banged of the side of my car three kids id say about ten year olds laughing i in anger reversed back and asked why did they do that all i got was a smirk of one of the lads i said i hope you have not damaged my car he put his thumb up and laughed how kids of today think they can do what ever they want because they know they can get away with it im so angary

Gronnuck
07-Mar-10, 17:14
First of all don’t take it personally – they probably throw things at all the cars that pass down that road.
Take a photograph of them and report them to the police immediately – you might get them stopped before they cause some real damage.

oldchemist
07-Mar-10, 17:52
And do the parents of today not have some responsibility?

Gronnuck
07-Mar-10, 18:03
And do the parents of today not have some responsibility?

Nah - they probably threw things at passing cars too :eek:

changilass
07-Mar-10, 18:08
At what point do we say that kids have SOME responsibility for their actions?

I have seen kids who are perfectly behaved when parents are around but little beggers when they aint. Peer pressure is a lot to do with kids behaviour.

If we live in a world where our government are saying we cannot discipline our kids how we see fit, then does the government not have some responsibility for the kids behaviour?

Kids nowadays can spout the childrens act at you afore they can tell you their given name, what does that say about the system.

Bazeye
07-Mar-10, 19:43
First of all don’t take it personally – they probably throw things at all the cars that pass down that road.
Take a photograph of them and report them to the police immediately – you might get them stopped before they cause some real damage.

I think that you'll find if you take a photo of kids in this day and age you'll have the poilce knocking on your door. Sad but true.

bobbyrussell09
07-Mar-10, 19:45
i have problem with kids ringing the doorbell an knocking an running away

Bazeye
07-Mar-10, 19:50

Thats not kids, it'll be Parcelforce.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Mar-10, 20:04
Just driving home from work passing howburn road when this thud banged of the side of my car three kids id say about ten year olds laughing i in anger reversed back and asked why did they do that all i got was a smirk of one of the lads i said i hope you have not damaged my car he put his thumb up and laughed how kids of today think they can do what ever they want because they know they can get away with it im so angary

Some non-kids of today still can't use punctuation...:roll:

bobbyrussell09
07-Mar-10, 20:05
Thats not kids, it'll be Parcelforce.
no its not ,im quick at getting to the door an theres no van outside or left so its kids

changilass
07-Mar-10, 20:17
Redeyedtreefrog why bother replying to a thread just to have a go at someones punctuation if you aint got owt to add just step away from the keyboard and leave it to those who do

sorry no punctuation but you obviously have the monopoly on it and wouldnt want to take it off you

Why is there never a sticky out tongue smilie when you need it

Bookworm
07-Mar-10, 20:17
I've found that alot of the kids today lack respect and responsibility.
But I think this stems from the parents not taking the responsibility of parenting seriously, have no respect for themselves therefore the children are just following their peers and getting away with acting like little beasts.

highland red
07-Mar-10, 20:28
I think that you'll find if you take a photo of kids in this day and age you'll have the poilce knocking on your door. Sad but true.

You are right on the money there my friend. It wouldn't be right (in law) to infringe on their civil liberties even if the culprits didn't give a bloody hoot if they have infringed yours'.

Sorry, (NOT REALLY) for what some may consider "radical" views, but they need a good "crack" as they might just understand the physical hurt is something that is "real" and tangible as opposed to any civil "justice" that may be handed down by the authorities many moons after the incident.

Hang the *hi*s;)

unicorn
07-Mar-10, 20:33
Ok I cannot be the only one who played thunder and lightening as a kid....knock hard run fast [lol] I have to admit many times we got into mischief but someone always told and you got a swift toe in the hips when you got home [lol]

Fluff
07-Mar-10, 20:41
But I think this stems from the parents not taking the responsibility of parenting seriously, have no respect for themselves therefore the children are just following their peers and getting away with acting like little beasts.

I completley agree with you there. But I think respect is earned, not a given right. It is so easy to be closed minded and assume all children come from stable, 2 parent homes. I have to admit I used to be like that, you see children out, mis behaving and think 'little bleep!' but since I went but to the cadets as an instructor I have had my mind set changed. We get lots of kids in who have had dealings with social services, problems at home etc. But these kids are the best to deal with, teaching them new things is so rewarding.

Gronnuck
07-Mar-10, 21:08
But I think respect is earned, not a given right.

Pray tell me how Doreen could have earned the children’s respect prior to driving down their street? :roll: Does the fact that she took the trouble to pass a driving test not warrant respect? Does the fact that she is in sole charge of a heavy moving vehicle not warrant respect? Does the fact that she is older and wiser than these children not warrant respect?

Fluff
07-Mar-10, 21:20
I am not condoning what they did. We are too quick to assume these are well brought up children who have a stable enviroment.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Mar-10, 21:21
Chavs like this who chuck random objects at passers-by in their vehicles are a small minority though.

glenniepup
07-Mar-10, 21:31
A good oldfashion kick in the arse up till the third lacerhole usually does the trick for me[lol]

telfordstar
07-Mar-10, 21:45
Some non-kids of today still can't use punctuation...:roll:

Oh come on I thought we got rid of the " ive nothing better to do with my life than moan about punctuation" police. Get a grip eh!

I found no problems reading the post, but guess I HAVE A LIFE!!!!

Doreen
07-Mar-10, 22:05
Well redeyedtreefrog heres another message without punctuation i was only stating the fact what happened to me in my car today which was very dangerous plus the fact what ever they threw at my car could have damaged it did not need your silly comment about punctuations so heres a full stop. HOWS AT YOUR SOOO SAD[lol]

Errogie
07-Mar-10, 23:01
Last time that happened to me I stopped the car and ran after them for about 100 metres caught one, and shook him. He was terrified, I was out of breath, but oh it was so satisfying and I don't think the kid will ever do it again!

No doubt someone will point out that was entirely the wrong thing to do but it worked.

Gronnuck
07-Mar-10, 23:11
Last time that happened to me I stopped the car and ran after them for about 100 metres caught one, and shook him. He was terrified, I was out of breath, but oh it was so satisfying and I don't think the kid will ever do it again!

No doubt someone will point out that was entirely the wrong thing to do but it worked.

:eek: God forbid that you should chastise a child in this day and age! I'm surprised a regiment of PC jobsworths and evangelical Human Rights advocates didn't descend upon you! ;)

onecalledk
08-Mar-10, 10:17
:eek: God forbid that you should chastise a child in this day and age! I'm surprised a regiment of PC jobsworths and evangelical Human Rights advocates didn't descend upon you! ;)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with chastising a child in "this day and age" and thats the problem! Moaning about "the kids of today" is pointless. If you feel a child is out of order then tell them. What is going to happen to you ? NOTHING. Unless of course you were to try to slap said child in which case you may well get into trouble.

YES there are child protection measures out there to protect children but none that say you cannot tell a child off in the street if they are not behaving .....

K

sadam
08-Mar-10, 11:22

I totaly agree with Bookworm, what right did they have to throw something at a passing car? Whatever their way of thinking they dont realise that they could have caused any damage to the car itself,, and who is going to pay to sort it? the innocent driver. Every child does a certain kind of devilment without causing damage.
Photo them thats the best then go to the police

annthracks
08-Mar-10, 13:37
Why is there never a sticky out tongue smilie when you need it

:-P or :P you don't need pictures, that was the whole reason behind smlies in the first place :-)

The Angel Of Death
08-Mar-10, 14:05

Hook your bell up to the mains solves that problems straight away ;)

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 16:18
Hook your bell up to the mains solves that problems straight away ;)
lol sound like a plan batman

The Angel Of Death
08-Mar-10, 16:50
Just remember anyone gets fried it wasnt my idea ;)

bobbyrussell09
08-Mar-10, 16:58
what wasnt ur idea

The Angel Of Death
08-Mar-10, 17:29
Exactly i never sugested anything ;)

S&LHEN
08-Mar-10, 18:14
What annoys me about this whole thing is that its not the kids of today its all the rules and regulations.
If I saw one of my kids for example throwing a stone at a moving car say I would give them a smack and explain to them what they had done wrong and tell them what could have happened ---Normally But no chance would I now as no doubt I would be getting a visit from the police as some lovely concerned busy body would report me and say I was abusing my child even although I was doing no such thing and whats so sad about it is that chances are kids would be taken off you.
Im sorry but all this dont do it again son/daughter does no good I dont care what anyone says.
When I was young I got smacked but it never traumatized me etc it made me if anything learn respect. I only got smacked when I did wrong and knew not to do it again,
Kids get away with to much nowadays but its not down to the parents its down to society and I just wish someone would realise this.
The justice system has gone completely mad and it makes me so angry [evil]

S&LHEN
08-Mar-10, 18:15
Again you can get done for this, Total madness[evil]

I totaly agree with Bookworm, what right did they have to throw something at a passing car? Whatever their way of thinking they dont realise that they could have caused any damage to the car itself,, and who is going to pay to sort it? the innocent driver. Every child does a certain kind of devilment without causing damage.
Photo them thats the best then go to the police

Bazeye
08-Mar-10, 18:28
If you do manage to catch one of them, lock them in your shed overnight. That usually does the trick.

Thumper
09-Mar-10, 19:19
It is partly the childrens fault but a lot of the blame needs to go on the parent/s I have lost count of the times I have seen a certain child do something bad but when I go to the parents to complain I am told "its cant possibly have been my child" and was even accused of lying and making it up for spite on one occasion!Parents need to face up to the fact that their kids are not little angels who can do no wrong and punish them accordingly,making excuses for them now will lead to further trouble in later years! x

S&LHEN
10-Mar-10, 00:26
Totally agreex if they are not taught now parents dont need to think they can be taught later in life.

It is partly the childrens fault but a lot of the blame needs to go on the parent/s I have lost count of the times I have seen a certain child do something bad but when I go to the parents to complain I am told "its cant possibly have been my child" and was even accused of lying and making it up for spite on one occasion!Parents need to face up to the fact that their kids are not little angels who can do no wrong and punish them accordingly,making excuses for them now will lead to further trouble in later years! x

Dadie
10-Mar-10, 00:41
My kids are too little for this
but
I do believe that someone else (other than dad/granny/grandad) backing me up when they are misbehaving in public rather than trying to jolly them on or telling me they are not so bad gives a more positive message that what they are doing is wrong!
They are little but what is instilled now will hopefully reap benefits when they are older.
I would be mortified if I found out they were doing something like this and "god help them if I found out!
My mum and dad brought us up to expect to be punished if we were bad and if we got told off by someone else and we complained to them we would get told off/grounded/hot bum from them as well!
I would hope if mine were bad I would find out and disapline as I see fit but there is a mindset off it wasnt mine/cant prove it therefore letting the horrors of scotfree now.

ducati
10-Mar-10, 08:22
If you do manage to catch one of them, lock them in your shed overnight. That usually does the trick.

With a "bad" dog...or cut their head off-seemples

DanaFlett
10-Mar-10, 09:55
I need to hold my tounge when i read thing's like"are the parents to blame"blah,blah,we see to forget who raised the parents of today,you older folk,i rest my case.

ducati
10-Mar-10, 10:03
Anyway-now we have decided everybody else's children are awfull-What are everybody else going to do about it? :Razz

golach
10-Mar-10, 10:05
I need to hold my tounge when i read thing's like"are the parents to blame"blah,blah,we see to forget who raised the parents of today,you older folk,i rest my case.
Many of the children raised by my age group, would never do such a thing as throw things at cars, they would not dare, the Older Folk as you call us know how to deal with little hooligans, and acted accordingly.

The Angel Of Death
10-Mar-10, 10:07
Stick with a nail in it that would sort it ;)

S&LHEN
10-Mar-10, 10:20
Very very true comment I wouldnt dare do anything of the like, If I did I wouldnt be able to sit for a week believe me it wouldnt have been worth it,:lol: Thats what learning is all about.
I also got taught manners and respect so ma mum and dad did a no bad job.... I hope:)

Many of the children raised by my age group, would never do such a thing as throw things at cars, they would not dare, the Older Folk as you call us know how to deal with little hooligans, and acted accordingly.

Thumper
10-Mar-10, 10:57

I can see the point you are trying to make but I think a lot of todays parents simply wont allow themselves to believe their child can do any wrong,but expect other children to be the scapegoat for it. As I said before, I have had trouble with this and everytime the other parent complained to me I was punishing my children just on what they said had happened-until I caught her child punching mine in the face for a sweetie :eek: when I complained about the child I was told that I must be imagining it or making it up and even when I said I saw it with my own eyes I was told that I was wrong! I also had another neighbour come to my door very upset because she had told said person that she had seen the child throw stones and didnt want the child in her garden anymore-the parents response was-if you are banning my child you had better be banning Thumpers child,even though my child wasnt even there!As I said some parents simply cannot comprehend that their little angel can be a little devil too!:roll: This has caused a lot of problems in my street and my kids are accused just because they have a single parent to look after them,which is simply unfair and very much biased!x

annthracks
10-Mar-10, 15:01

Yes, you do need to hold you tongue, because the people who raised the parents of today are the ones who had these stupid restrictions forced upon them. We were the ones who got a smack when it was needed, we were the ones who got the cane or the strap/belt at school and most of us have grown up to respect other peoples property and figures of "authority" like the police (although these days some of them don't deserve it).
rant over

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-10, 20:59
When I was a youngster, (a long time ago), on a scale of one to ten, I was about six for being a naughty child.

Our local Bobby (Mr Thomas) did his rounds on a push bike and more often than not he wore a big heavy canvas cape , if he caught you getting up to mischief he would take his cape off and knock you off your feet with it.

It was futile telling your parents about it as you would get another thrashing for being naughty, and I would never consider giving Mr Thomas or my parents any lip.

I was watching some school children walking over the bridge in Wick today, and they were throwing chips to attract the scories. When they got a feeding frenzy going they started throwing them in front of moving traffic.
I wondered if they would do such a thing if Mr Thomas was still on the beat.

redeyedtreefrog
10-Mar-10, 22:04
Yes, you do need to hold you tongue, because the people who raised the parents of today are the ones who had these stupid restrictions forced upon them. We were the ones who got a smack when it was needed, we were the ones who got the cane or the strap/belt at school and most of us have grown up to respect other peoples property and figures of "authority" like the police (although these days some of them don't deserve it).
rant over

Good job those cruel, somewhat sadistic methods of punishment are gone then, hmm?

horseman
11-Mar-10, 01:34
When I was a youngster, (a long time ago), on a scale of one to ten, I was about six for being a naughty child.

Our local Bobby (Mr Thomas) did his rounds on a push bike and more often than not he wore a big heavy canvas cape , if he caught you getting up to mischief he would take his cape off and knock you off your feet with it.

It was futile telling your parents about it as you would get another thrashing for being naughty, and I would never consider giving Mr Thomas or my parents any lip.

I was watching some school children walking over the bridge in Wick today, and they were throwing chips to attract the scories. When they got a feeding frenzy going they started throwing them in front of moving traffic.
I wondered if they would do such a thing if Mr Thomas was still on the beat.
Super,nice one,know where you are coming from there,don't work today unfortunately,but never mind.;)