PDA

View Full Version : gift

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 13:13
my son has just graduated from uni any ideas on what kind of gift to buy as a keepsake hes 26 years old he has pens watches etc any suggestions would be great thanks

Sandra_B
07-Mar-10, 13:23
Something to go along with his chosen career?

Claireabelle
07-Mar-10, 13:25
What are his interests/hobbies?

rs 2k
07-Mar-10, 13:33
When my daughter graduated i bought her a personalised glass, it has name, date of graduation etc on it in a lovely gift box, makes a lovely keepsake

Here is 1 i found on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Personalised-Engraved-Graduation-Whisky-Whiskey-Glass_W0QQitemZ200411869181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_H ome_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET?hash=item2ea9 7a6ffd#ht_2663wt_732

DeHaviLand
07-Mar-10, 13:45
I got my parents golden wedding anniversary gift from Willie Bain (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1104)at the Industrial Estate. A fantastic range of gifts, personalised to your requirements.

joxville
07-Mar-10, 13:47
A night with a good woman. :cool:

DeHaviLand
07-Mar-10, 13:53
A night with a good woman. :cool:

Or better still, a bad one ;)

kjandcrew
07-Mar-10, 14:28
cufflinks - there are some wicked ones on ebay :)

lasher
07-Mar-10, 14:31
my son has just graduated from uni any ideas on what kind of gift to buy as a keepsake hes 26 years old he has pens watches etc any suggestions would be great thanks
26 and just done uni, get him f all probably cost u enough already!!![lol]

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 15:03
26 and just done uni, get him f all probably cost u enough already!!![lol] hi there how wrong you are he helped himself through it and he did not go to uni until he was20 and came out with first class honours and a masters please keep your sad remarks to yourself

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 15:06
Thanks all got some good ideas there thanks for the link to ebay

John Little
07-Mar-10, 15:15
A nice watch - a clockwork one that lasts longer than a battery one - all his life, possibly inscribed MA1 or some such.

windness
07-Mar-10, 22:07
All the items mentioned just stay in boxes at the bottom of a drawer. Why not buy some premium bonds. My children got some from their grandparents when they were born and every so often they say "thats the ones that granny and grandpa bought when I was born" They never forget.

John Little
07-Mar-10, 22:54
Och now you made me feel old! I use my tick-tock because I'm a bit old fashioned. Actually I don't much like a strap round my wrist- for the same reason I wear my wedding ring on a chain- it feels restricted. So I use my old pocket watch. It cost me 8/- years ago...

purplelady
07-Mar-10, 23:26
All the items mentioned just stay in boxes at the bottom of a drawer. Why not buy some premium bonds. My children got some from their grandparents when they were born and every so often they say "thats the ones that granny and grandpa bought when I was born" They never forget.
Have to agree with windness premiun bonds or something along them lines would be good .

Julia
07-Mar-10, 23:30
What about a silver or pewter Quaich, it's a really nice traditional Scottish keepsake which can also be engraved.

ducati
08-Mar-10, 08:43
You can't go wrong with a Jaguar XF..or maybe a nice Mazda RX8 :Razz

annthracks
08-Mar-10, 14:39
1 OZ. .9999 pure gold ingot if you've got £750 to spare :-)

gold was about 660 an ounce 6 months ago