PDA

View Full Version : wine

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 13:10
hi can anyone recomend a good bottle of red wine its for a gift just not sure what to buy around 20.00 markthanks

John Little
07-Mar-10, 15:17
Red wine for special occasions? Chateauneuf du Pape every time for me. ;)

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 15:30
Red wine for special occasions? Chateauneuf du Pape every time for me. ;) hi thanks for that not sure if i can pronounce that but i will write it down and go a hunting cheers

The Drunken Duck
07-Mar-10, 15:41
I bought this for a workmate who likes his wine as a leaving present .. http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Classic-Duo/dp/B0016JGEO0?ie=UTF8&qid=1267972740&categoryNodeID=199645031&ref=sr_1_2&page=1&node=55856031&sr=1-2&mnSBrand=core&rh=n%3A55856031

He was quite pleased with them.

northener
07-Mar-10, 16:06
A decent St Emilion, or a top Rioja if you prefer the more plummy Spanish wines.

Scarybiscuits03
07-Mar-10, 16:19
Campo Viejo Gran Reserva, is a good wine. Approx £17 and makes an ideal gift as it is packaged nicely and you won't find it on the shelves in Tesco.

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 16:25
thanks everybody i will take a note of all the names cheers all take care

Kenn
07-Mar-10, 18:28
Look for some thing that has a few years age, especially Bordeaux, Rioja is matured before bottling so the wine is always ready to drink. I would avoid Burgundy as it is usually very overpriced for the quality of the wine.
Find an independent wine merchant as there should be some one who can advise you and don't be afraid to ask questions, happy hunting.

only me
07-Mar-10, 18:37
Look for some thing that has a few years age, especially Bordeaux, Rioja is matured before bottling so the wine is always ready to drink. I would avoid Burgundy as it is usually very overpriced for the quality of the wine.
Find an independent wine merchant as there should be some one who can advise you and don't be afraid to ask questions, happy hunting.
hi lizz thanks for that

Lavenderblue2
07-Mar-10, 19:15
hi thanks for that not sure if i can pronounce that but i will write it down and go a hunting cheers

Bin Ends do a fine Chateauneuf du Pape for around the £20 mark.

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 20:09
Bin Ends do a fine Chateauneuf du Pape for around the £20 mark. hi yes thanks john little suggested this wine sound good thanks again and take care

Phill
07-Mar-10, 21:00
Unless you know what someone enjoys, or their taste in wine I'd suggest two or three reasonable bottles.

I'm quite easy, I'll take anything red including power steering fluid and petrol with vimto however some people are a little more discerning.

Oyster Bay do a stonking Merlot & Pinot Noir, and even a drinkable Chardonnay and I don't DO white wine.
But I do favour Australian and Kiwi wines......

Just my tuppence worth as I crack open a bottle!

bobbyrussell09
07-Mar-10, 21:10
i dont drink wine but ma sister gave some good advice ,the more expensive it is the better it is