PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Call Yours?

Askmeaboutavon
06-Mar-10, 23:28
A friend of my son's was being collected from nursery the other day by his grandad who was known to the boy as 'Ga Ga'. The young boy was unable to say grandad when he was younger so the name Ga Ga just stuck.

Just wondered if anyone else had a grandparent that was known as something a little more unusual because of this reason?

domino
07-Mar-10, 00:10
I am grumpy

mike.mckenzie
07-Mar-10, 00:11
Ah, we used to say Gaga, and it stuck until we got to embarrassed teenage years!

wicker8
07-Mar-10, 12:42
hi when my son was small he called his granny atee no such word nor spelling but it stuck

telfordstar
07-Mar-10, 12:59
My daughter calles her grandad Waga!!!

Venture
07-Mar-10, 13:29
I'm just plain Nanna to my two grandsons, so much better than Granny.;) Their other set of grandparents are known as Grammy and Gramps, passed down by other older grandchildren.:)

Fluff
07-Mar-10, 13:31
When my brother and I were little we called my dad's dad Grandad Tractor. He was a farmer, but I don't know where we got it from or who thought it up!

young_fishin_neep
07-Mar-10, 15:15
i always have and always will call my my grandad, grandaddy, ive always done it and now my little sister does it :D x

brandy
07-Mar-10, 15:24
i called my dads mom mawmaw cookie.. i think because as a very small child everytime i saw her she gave me a cookie. i think her name was evilyn though. i loved going to mawmaw cookies even though i was still very young when she died. i was amazed by her house as she didnt have indoor plumbing, or electricity. she had a huge range that was wood fueled and i remember she had a pump in the kitchen sink. she was always baking and had lamps all over the house for light.
when i was about3-4 years old i would go to her house every weekend and sit in her sewing while she worked. i thought i was helping handing her the scrap material! *G*

Kodiak
07-Mar-10, 22:10
I am called Grandad Teddy after my Collection of Bears. My Grand Daughters always have fun playing with them and before anyone asks I have just over 1000 Bears in my HUG. :D

ShelleyCowie
07-Mar-10, 22:24
I call mine Grandad or Pop.

My dad likes to be called Ga Ga by the grandkids so far.

StacNKel
07-Mar-10, 23:02
I always call mine papa, as my kids called my dad too and call my step dad papa kenny though when my daughter was smaller she couldnt say kenny so called him papa penny lol

Connor.
07-Mar-10, 23:04
I'm 18 and still call my "Gran" - Nannie and my "Grandad" - Granda