PDA

View Full Version : Calor Gas

Twixy
06-Mar-10, 13:15
Does anyone else have a problem with Calor Gas. I phoned them on Monday to order Gas, and again on Friday because they had not been to fill my Tank. My tank is now empty and yesterday I was told that it may arrive over the Weekend. A Tank does not seem to last very long. It is only 7 weeks since we got it filled. We were contemplating changing to Oil. We had Oil in our last house and a Tank lasts a lot longer than 7 weeks even in the winter, and when you order it it comes the next day, not the next week. We are supposed to be on an automatic Top-Up, but this is the second time now since we moved in here in November that I have had to chase them up. I think the Oil may be going in sooner rather than later.:mad:

Allsorts
06-Mar-10, 13:18
Sorry you have been having problems and hope you get your tank filled soon.

marwill
06-Mar-10, 13:28
Hi - I had the same problems with Calor last month, had to ring four times before getting a delivery. Hopes yours comes this weekend.:(

Billy Boy
06-Mar-10, 13:52
We phoned calor a week past friday and got were tank filled on the following wednesday, If your tank is only lasting 7 weeks :eek:then there must be a problem with your boiler,Whens the last time it was serviced?As we have a 20 + year old boiler and we last filled up on the 11 of november, And thats with the heating on everyday sometimes up to 16 hours a day.

fender
06-Mar-10, 13:58
We have our tank read remotely via phone line. Never had any problems with a delivery. Delivery normally arrives when tank is nearly empty

Twixy
06-Mar-10, 14:35
Our Boiler is approx 15 years old and was serviced in December and was told it was okay. Still no sign of Gas being delivered.:mad:

windness
06-Mar-10, 16:49
Found Calor gas very expensive and finally changed over to oil due to poor delivery service. Whenever we phoned them we found them quite offhand and what a hassel to get the tank removed. They made it so hard for us. Glad we left and now we always get same day delivery with Simpsons and should it be next day they apologise.

LMS
06-Mar-10, 20:25
I know someone who ripped out Calor gas and changed to oil. When he phoned to cancel his account Calor slashed the cost of gas and also cancelled the rental charge for the tank. Unfortunately, this was after he had changed over.

I can't comment on Calor gas customer service or usage, but I can recommend the excellent service provided by Simpson's.

Hope you get gas soon.

TudorRose
06-Mar-10, 20:57
Hi,
I've recently had problems with Calor Gas, we ordered gas when we were getting low, as they advise, despite calling then at least four times and being promised a delivery, it took three weeks from my original, accepted order, for it to arrive. I think I only got the delivery because my husband phoned up in exasperation and we received a delivery the following day! By then we were running on fumes! Not impressed!

onecalledk
06-Mar-10, 21:04
We are in the process of changing our boiler as we have a boiler that is 22yrs old and is eating gas. 2 half tanks of gas since last october and another full tank delivered a few weeks ago. Have to say that Calor are NOT quick! we phoned them on a sunday when we were on the empty line and eventually after phoning every day got gas on the thursday. Inverness call centre seemed flustered and started spouting about road conditions.... they blame grangemouth and grangemouth blame them.

We have decided to stay with Calor but there service was awful this past month. Previously when we first ran out then they couldnt be more helpful, we phoned the helpline and got gas next morning .....

Perhaps there has been change of staff or something past few weeks as service has gone down hill but hopefully will get better !

Would agree about your boiler being not very efficient, when we got the calculations done re how much ours was using it was mad! I do know of others who are on calor gas and a tank full will last a good 6 months....

RE oil - I had oil in my previous house, lived in Inverness and often had to wait a few days to get more oil delivered, seems luck of the draw. Simpsons up here are based in Caithness, Calor are based in Inverness with deliveries drawn up from Grangemouth ....

K

Stefan
06-Mar-10, 23:10
Same problem here. Brand new boiler but tank was empty after 8 weeks and heating wasn't even on 24/7. Needless to say hot water has been switched off and is now only switched on when a bath or a shower needs to be run. Heating reduced to times when there is people in the house but turned off at 22:00 until 7:00.
House is rented, otherwise I'd tell Calor to get lost as was waiting 6 days for a delivery 5 weeks ago and finally got it after several complaints. Again the roads where blamed but I was traveling up and down to Glasgow and roads where fine!
Seems you have to reorder when at 30% otherwise you'll run empty. On last delivery the driver forgot to reopen the valve on the tank. Never happened before so we had no idea why there was no gas in the house... Not good service.

charlie
07-Mar-10, 01:32
onecalledk I do understand your frustration but I wonder if it is warranted? You have a 22 year old boiler...of course it is inefficient. You have identified this and are now dealing with it. Has to be done I am afraid.
------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have to say that Calor are NOT quick! we phoned them on a sunday when we were on the empty line and eventually after phoning every day got gas on the thursday"
------------------------------------------------------------------

You phoned SUNDAY...was delivered THURSDAY!!
Less than 4 Working Days is hardly poor service IMHO.

onecalledk
07-Mar-10, 17:46
I wouldnt have minded waiting the 4 days for the delivery, when you talk to someone on the phone who TELLS you the delivery will be the next day for certain and then it doesnt happen, then you phone back and are told its DEFINATELY the next day etc etc then its frustrating.

Dont see the need to lie about delivery dates, if a company give me an honest schedule then fair enough, its the promise of deliveries that cause the frustration ...

K

Twixy
08-Mar-10, 10:30
Still No Gas. Have phoned this morning to cancel my order and tell them to come and take away the Tank. We have been in touch with Plumber who is going to Install Oil Heating ASAP. Good Job it is a bit milder outside now and dont need heating on during the day. Working away with Electric heaters at the moment. Will definately not be recommending Calor to anyone at any time in the future. :mad:

windness
08-Mar-10, 13:04
Well done and good luck with the removal of the tank !

JimH
08-Mar-10, 17:03
Still No Gas. Have phoned this morning to cancel my order and tell them to come and take away the Tank. We have been in touch with Plumber who is going to Install Oil Heating ASAP. Good Job it is a bit milder outside now and dont need heating on during the day. Working away with Electric heaters at the moment. Will definately not be recommending Calor to anyone at any time in the future. :mad:
You will find that oil has a better calorific value the Propane, so you will get more fore your money.

Twixy
22-Mar-10, 10:46
Ordered Oil on Friday was deliverd on Saturday and my new boiler is being installed right now. Should be up and running later today and be nice and toasty by tonight.:D