PDA

View Full Version : drunk

Dadie
06-Mar-10, 01:46
I used to go out and get absolutely trolleyed on a fiver ....
then I could go out and spend a fortune and either be feeling sober or emmbarrassingly drunk...
but now 2 drinks im well drunk....
and I cant cope with hangovers or early mornings with kids after late nights these days(and im not THAT old)
and as the weekend is just starting whats everyone elses views on this?

Anfield
06-Mar-10, 01:59
then I could go out and spend a fortune and either be feeling sober or emmbarrassingly drunk...
and I cant cope with hangovers or early mornings with kids after late nights these days(and im not THAT old)

Ring social services and put children into care, then you have whole weekend to enjoy yourself

joxville
06-Mar-10, 02:39
I remember when I was young, not that the following happened to me, but you could go to a pub and drink all night, it would be cheap or free, and you would be guaranteed to pull too. I only went on the recommendation of my sister. ;)

Metalattakk
06-Mar-10, 02:42
I remember when I was young, not that the following happened to me, but you could go to a pub and drink all night, it would be cheap or free, and you would be guaranteed to pull too. I only went on the recommendation of my sister. ;)

That's scary. I think I might 'know' your sister. :eek:

horseman
06-Mar-10, 04:57
You should chuckle,I ended up with the recomendation ;)

upolian
06-Mar-10, 09:49
Lol good thread!

I dont drink that often, when i do i get a bad hangover(this morning):roll: Needs must i have work to do,so have to live with the hangover!

As for getting drunk on a fiver.....i wish:Razz

wickscorrie
06-Mar-10, 10:04
used to love a good booze up but with three kids and a hate of disturbed hangovers, dinna do it now,
sad i know
leave me wae a tin of coke and a tub of pringles!

Commore
06-Mar-10, 10:48

My opinion is that it's the chemicals they use these days,
all that cheap imported booze, you can't tell me these Brandies / Whiskies etc are matured at all, they make it, bottle it and send it over here.

northener
06-Mar-10, 12:01
Drink?

Devils urine, that is. Never catch me drinking...oh, no indeedy.;)

Kirdon
06-Mar-10, 17:55
used to be 3 nights drinking and a couple of hours to recover. Now its a couple of hours drinking and 3 days to recover.

Commore
06-Mar-10, 17:58
used to be 3 nights drinking and a couple of hours to recover. Now its a couple of hours drinking and 3 days to recover.

LOL! it's our age. :)

Mrs Bucket
06-Mar-10, 18:06
Those were the days my friend we thought theyd never end sadly they did:cry:

S&LHEN
06-Mar-10, 18:15
Very sad but very true :~( The bright side is maybe just as well wi the price of drink nowadays :lol:

Those were the days my friend we thought theyd never end sadly they did:cry:

mike.mckenzie
06-Mar-10, 18:21

My view on this is...

You're getting old

haha!

Mrs Bucket
06-Mar-10, 19:01
Very sad but very true :~( The bright side is maybe just as well wi the price of drink nowadays :lol:
Thats true I gave up smoking as well I should be rolling in it but alas thats not the case.

Dadie
07-Mar-10, 11:10
Its when my hubby asks would you like a glass of wine or a cup of tea....
Most of the time the answer is a cup of tea ... the nice at the time glass of wine is just not worth it!

Anfield
07-Mar-10, 12:18
What annoys me are the games that Tesco and Co-Op play with their drink prices.

They dont buy their drink when shelves are empty, they order and buy months ahead at an agreed price and i am sure that this price does not fluctuate much.

How come then, when I come to buy, say, a case of 15 tins of tennants, I can pay anything from £8 up to £14 and this is in the space of 5 days.

You quite often see promotions where buying smaller packs work out cheaper than buing a large pack.

My wife assures me that this also the case with food