PDA

View Full Version : shoes

wicker8
05-Mar-10, 16:32
justtiding out my shoes and was wondering how many pairs you own ???

ShelleyCowie
05-Mar-10, 16:59
I now only own about 20-30

But before i had athrun and moved in with my OH i had so many shoe boxes that my OH built a fort with them in the spare bedroom (also known as my wardrobe/shoe room)

When athrun came along i binned over 100 pairs of shoes just so he could have a bedroom.

I never had an exact number but i say it was nearly 200 pairs. But now i only wear trainers due to fallen arches/flat feet. So wear them every day, buy a new pair once a year. Old pair gets kept of course "just incase" ;)

Thats what i get for workin in a shoe shop [lol]

onecalledk
05-Mar-10, 17:01
feel so much better after reading the 200 pairs post lol

I have about 15 pairs of boots , have a soft spot for boots, more of a collection than a need .

K

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-10, 17:09
Oh my god hubby should be posting on this one he has so many shoes I have never counted them all. Im off to check and will report back in a while.;)

wicker8
05-Mar-10, 17:12
Oh my god hubby should be posting on this one he has so many shoes I have never counted them all. Im off to check and will report back in a while.;)cant wait to you get back this made me laugh

wicker8
05-Mar-10, 17:13
I now only own about 20-30

But before i had athrun and moved in with my OH i had so many shoe boxes that my OH built a fort with them in the spare bedroom (also known as my wardrobe/shoe room)

When athrun came along i binned over 100 pairs of shoes just so he could have a bedroom.

I never had an exact number but i say it was nearly 200 pairs. But now i only wear trainers due to fallen arches/flat feet. So wear them every day, buy a new pair once a year. Old pair gets kept of course "just incase" ;)

Thats what i get for workin in a shoe shop [lol]hi shelley i love the fort bit

cherokee
05-Mar-10, 19:26
It must be great to have all that money spare to be able to buy so many pairs of shoes !!!:eek:

I own, roughly;

one pair of trainers (pretty tatty looking things - I bought 12 years ago),

two pairs of high/thigh heeled boots (both bought at least over three years ago; and now don't fit my legs cos o'weight gain - caused by tablets I'm on !!),

a single pair of ankle boots, which I wear almost every day (I got these second hand from a friend of mine about 4 years ago!)

and a pair of ankle swede/lace-up boots that my OH bought for me about 7 Christmas's ago !!

Oh and I forgot about the other "second hand" pair o' trainers I got from the afore-mentioned mate, which are really "scuffed", but I consider them my "best" pair !!!!!

CurlyTop
05-Mar-10, 20:34
I lost count when I got to 250....
I'm in the process of getting a shoedrobe built to hold them all!!
I do need help though!

Angela
05-Mar-10, 21:10
I must be seriously deprived! :eek:

I have four pairs of shoes, one pair of trainers (a second pair's been a victim of a recent spring clean and is now in the bin), one pair of knee high boots, one pair of ankle boots, one pair of very aged hiking boots and one pair of sandals.

And two pairs of slippers......;)

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-10, 21:15
cant wait to you get back this made me laugh

Over fifty :eek: I am too embarrassed to post the exact amount.

Either side of our dressing room wall is lined with shoe racks. I have two racks the rest are hubbys. My total is around twenty :Razz

I will post a picture of one side of the room a little later I took a photo to prove it.

Go on guess how many ties he has............................ :roll:

Angela
05-Mar-10, 21:20

Good grief Alice! Are you married to a centipede? :eek: :lol:

wicker8
05-Mar-10, 21:28

Either side of our dressing room wall is lined with shoe racks. I have two racks the rest are hubbys. My total is around twenty :Razz

I will post a picture of one side of the room a little later I took a photo to prove it.

Go on guess how many ties he has............................ :roll: hi i have been waiting for this thread you made my night thanks for that now alice i will say around sixty five?

StacNKel
05-Mar-10, 21:28
I have 8 pairs of knee high boots, 3 pairs of trainers and i think i must have about 30/40 pairs of sandal/stilletto type shoes. Oh and my wellies haha can't forget those!!

Bazeye
05-Mar-10, 23:39
1 pair of diamond stilleto boots. Size 12.

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-10, 23:42
Good grief Alice! Are you married to a centipede? :eek: :lol:

No a shopaholic :Razz

Dadie
06-Mar-10, 00:02
I have a few less pairs than I had on Monday!
I put the old/worn out/ones I cant walk in but look good in the wheeliebin on Monday night because the bin is emptied on a tuesday morning so there was no chance of retrieval/change of mind:lol:
I need to replace (read as shop) them when my foot is better... dropped a sofa on it on monday and im going to lose the nail on my big toe.... bad words were said....and repeated by Iona....
Threw out lots of the girls old shoes as well..... Lauren has got my shoe obsession already!
Iona only wants wellies... but there is time to teach her about shoes yet:lol:

Vistravi
06-Mar-10, 00:14
feel so much better after reading the 200 pairs post lol

I have about 15 pairs of boots , have a soft spot for boots, more of a collection than a need .

K

I love boots. I used to have about 9 pairs but now only have three due to the mould in our flat making them go yuck when it was discovered in a cupboard. I have to say though my good sturdy walking boots are the ones that are worn the most at the moment as they're very good for keeping me upright as i seem to be getting clumsier everyday. It's gotten so bad i've had to re route all the cables and pin them down to something be it a wall or under a table :eek:

I must have 10 pairs of shoes and boots now though.

Vistravi
06-Mar-10, 00:16
I have 8 pairs of knee high boots, 3 pairs of trainers and i think i must have about 30/40 pairs of sandal/stilletto type shoes. Oh and my wellies haha can't forget those!!

I do like my wellies. I bought them for work and they are covered in water droplets as the design in a sky blue. The kids found them very funny. ;)

Dadie
06-Mar-10, 00:20
Yup I know the feeling anything with 3" heels ...gone:(
Flats .... boring flats....or 1" heels is all I wear now .....
3 kids, 1 double buggy and having to run after the bairns and keep upright is no easy feat (no pun intended!)

Vistravi
06-Mar-10, 00:29
Yup I know the feeling anything with 3" heels ...gone:(
Flats .... boring flats....or 1" heels is all I wear now .....
3 kids, 1 double buggy and having to run after the bairns and keep upright is no easy feat (no pun intended!)

Aye you need to have the arms of an octopus as well as the eyes at the back of the head ;)

joxville
06-Mar-10, 02:46
I have 9 1/2 pairs. :eek:

:D

Metalattakk
06-Mar-10, 02:54
I have 9 1/2 pairs. :eek:

:D

Is that 9½ pairs or nine ½ pairs?

I think the podiatrically obsessed need to know!

Boozeburglar
06-Mar-10, 03:02
I think it is high time we all knew where all these podiatrists live.

joxville
06-Mar-10, 03:12

Moves are afoot to find out. :D

joxville
06-Mar-10, 03:13
Is that 9½ pairs or nine ½ pairs?

I think the podiatrically obsessed need to know!

9 1/2 pairs. I loaned one to Heather Mills. :)

sweetpea
06-Mar-10, 03:30
I don't know the exact number and I'm not going to count but to give you an idea I have an ottoman full of sandals, the bottom of 2 wardrobes for good shoes I keep in their boxes and about 2 suitcases full of knee length boots. A girl can never get enough shoes[lol]

Metalattakk
06-Mar-10, 03:35

I'll be there to hand out the pitchforks and torches.

David Banks
06-Mar-10, 03:55
Ive got:
- a pair of good leather sandals
- a pair of light shoes for spring/fall
- a heavier pair for springing and falling
- a pair of hiking boots for when the snow gets too deep

and pairs of white sports socks which can go wi any o' them

Deep, isn't it, about the souls and he'lls and fallen Archers

Mrs Bucket
06-Mar-10, 18:58
I must be seriously deprived! :eek:

I have four pairs of shoes, one pair of trainers (a second pair's been a victim of a recent spring clean and is now in the bin), one pair of knee high boots, one pair of ankle boots, one pair of very aged hiking boots and one pair of sandals.

And two pairs of slippers......;)
You are not alone I dont have as many as you

crayola
07-Mar-10, 02:07
justtiding out my shoes and was wondering how many pairs you own ???
I don't dare count but I buy fewer shoes than I used to.

Choos are my favourites right now but they are sooooo expensive.......

horseman
07-Mar-10, 04:31
Cann'y do shoes- my bag is shirts an ties! On a par with the reported upcoming american deficit -trillions---what ever the heck they may be.;)

Alien Adrenaline Reflex
07-Mar-10, 08:33
I habe one apir of trainers onr pair of dress shoes snd one pair of work bootd.

Thids is enough for any man?

Thumper
08-Mar-10, 16:06
Late with my answer sorry- been away for a while! At last count I had well over 100 pairs,havent counted in a while though,but have bought a few more since then ;) x

wicker8
08-Mar-10, 17:40
Late with my answer sorry- been away for a while! At last count I had well over 100 pairs,havent counted in a while though,but have bought a few more since then ;) x hi thumper thats some amount of shoes take care :Razz

Gronnuck
08-Mar-10, 17:47
:eek: Having read this thread I'm convinced aliens with multiple feet have arrived and they're not living in Portgower. :roll:

Thumper
08-Mar-10, 18:25
hi thumper thats some amount of shoes take care :Razz

Hiya wicker8,yup my one downfall is shoes,cant resist them!My arguement is that shoes look great no matter what size,shape or height you are :D x

dietcokegirl
09-Mar-10, 02:38
I had at least 70 pairs when i counted last...that was last year when i 'organised' them. I've probably managed to gather a few more pairs since then!

Loraine
09-Mar-10, 17:56
I sooo have to let my husband read this thread - he'll soon realize my shoe obsession pales into insignificance in comparison to others on here!!! I've recently had a clear-out of my shoe collection. I now have 7 pairs of boots, one pair of trainers, 5 pairs of flat shoes and 9 pairs of heels!!! I did have 30+ before.... :roll: