PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the radios?

acameron
17-May-06, 18:05
Remember the day you used to go into a shop and in the background there was a radio playing? Why dont we see that anymore?
I went into the bakery today and it dawned on me for some reason (while I was waiting for my order) where is the radio.
Comn shop owner guys get the tunes on when I'm in the shop - and none of this namby pamby lift music, Radio1 or MFR, its easier on the guys behind the counter as well.

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:10
Remember the day you used to go into a shop and in the background there was a radio playing? Why dont we see that anymore?
I went into the bakery today and it dawned on me for some reason (while I was waiting for my order) where is the radio.
Comn shop owner guys get the tunes on when I'm in the shop - and none of this namby pamby lift music, Radio1 or MFR, its easier on the guys behind the counter as well.

is that so you can boogie while you wait for your pie's lol

erli
17-May-06, 18:24
I think they need a licence or something, probably like paying through the nose for sky in the pub. I'm might be wrong, I usually am.:rolleyes:

angela5
17-May-06, 18:33
I think they need a licence or something, probably like paying through the nose for sky in the pub. I'm might be wrong, I usually am.:rolleyes:

I did hear that erli but only if they are playing cd's.:roll:

acameron
17-May-06, 18:40
Your probably right erli - piece of nonsense, too much red tape that workers canna pass there day a wee bit quicker and a wee bit more happier with a bit of radio.
To hell with the red tape... play that funky music.

BTW I am not raising to your bait Billyboy ( yes it would be nice to boogie while buying a bridie - or polka for my pies - salsa for my sausage roll I suppose any dance applies)

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:49
Your probably right erli - piece of nonsense, too much red tape that workers canna pass there day a wee bit quicker and a wee bit more happier with a bit of radio.
To hell with the red tape... play that funky music.

BTW I am not raising to your bait Billyboy ( yes it would be nice to boogie while buying a bridie - or polka for my pies - salsa for my sausage roll I suppose any dance applies)

well ac that was mrs billy boy actually, so dinna be blaming me for her cheek lol or there could be blood an snotters in the morning :lol: :lol:

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:52
BTW I am not raising to your bait Billyboy ( yes it would be nice to boogie while buying a bridie - or polka for my pies - salsa for my sausage roll I suppose any dance applies)[/quote]

heck lol wi your talent you could sing for yer pie's aswell ...... mrs bb;)

acameron
17-May-06, 18:54
Jings man - are you still grumpy - have a doughnought and a dance mate

Im no want to tackle ye in the morning - especially when nobody responds to you revvs and your away yersel lol

fred
17-May-06, 18:58
I did hear that erli but only if they are playing cd's.:roll:

If they were playing the radio I think they would need a Performing Rights license, to play CDs I believe you need a Performing Rights license and a Phonographic Performances license.

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:58
Jings man - are you still grumpy - have a doughnought and a dance mate

Im no want to tackle ye in the morning - especially when nobody responds to you revvs and your away yersel lolthink yersel lucky that you dinna have to live wi him lol he's a right grumpy bug!!!:mad:

erli
17-May-06, 19:09
If they were playing the radio I think they would need a Performing Rights license, to play CDs I believe you need a Performing Rights license and a Phonographic Performances license.

Thanks Fred, I thought I had heard something about licences somewhere.

MadPict
17-May-06, 19:09
Hmmm, seems that when I raised this topic a while back all I got was grief - probably why I don't bother anymore....

They quote a cost of £224.44 p.a. for background music in a shop space 201 – 300 sq.m. which is only 61 pence a day folks!!!
If you just have a portable radio it's only £56.12 a year....

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=6897

obiron
17-May-06, 19:34
i like the radio its on in our house most of the morning. beats silence.

acameron
17-May-06, 19:45
Hmmm, seems that when I raised this topic a while back all I got was grief - probably why I don't bother anymore....

They quote a cost of £224.44 p.a. for background music in a shop space 201 – 300 sq.m. which is only 61 pence a day folks!!!
If you just have a portable radio it's only £56.12 a year....

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=6897

Thats outragous people have to pay to listen. Wonder how much it is if you take your radio on the beach?

Niall Fernie
18-May-06, 07:40
Wonder how much it is if you take your radio on the beach?
Its free, unless you have more than 2 friends/family with you and then your little gathering becomes a "rave" and you can all be arrested.

acameron
18-May-06, 17:55
Its free, unless you have more than 2 friends/family with you and then your little gathering becomes a "rave" and you can all be arrested.

Doesnt apply to me as I have no friends but say if I did have 2 friends with me and one went for an ice cream and I fell out with the other, do I still have to pay.

Can you imagine the form that goes with applying for this -- all you need is the "Any Other Information" section and an imagination and you could entertain yourself without a radio