PDA

View Full Version : winter flu

wicker8
05-Mar-10, 13:42
hi all my wee grandson has what the doc called the winter flu hes had it for four days now its a bit worrying cant keep anything down so awful to watch anybody out there with the symptons

daddycool
05-Mar-10, 13:44
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

If it's vomiting then it's probably the norovirus.

brandy
05-Mar-10, 14:49
dont know about the virus but i have been sick for weeks now.. started out with a sore throat.. turned into full blown flu.. went into my lungs.. and now i feel like i have a cold with a really bad cough.. but i can feel it down in my lungs so prob. should get some antibotics.. i guess when im sick enough i will.. i hate going to the drs!

kitty kat
05-Mar-10, 15:58
daughter has had a viral infection for ages now. for the past 2 weeks her asthma has been bad she spent 2 whole days in bed now that really aint her. just coughing stomach ache to but the coughing is horrible no high temperature no oxygen problems no eating problems just this cough. i have not slept for 2 weeks the joys of children

porshiepoo
05-Mar-10, 16:52
Know exactly how you feel Kitty Kat. One of my daughters is suffering with it too and although she's not being sick she's had the virus and is now really suffering with her asthma.
It's definitely worse at night time but just coming in from outside can kick an attack off.
Hope your little un gets better soon. Unfortunately my little un is now almost 19 so doesn't necessarily agree with what mummy knows is best. :lol:

kitty
05-Mar-10, 17:17
daughter has had a viral infection for ages now. for the past 2 weeks her asthma has been bad she spent 2 whole days in bed now that really aint her. just coughing stomach ache to but the coughing is horrible no high temperature no oxygen problems no eating problems just this cough. i have not slept for 2 weeks the joys of children

Poor Emmie and poor you. Hope she's better soon. She must be ill by the time she spent so long in bed xxx

tartanyorkie
05-Mar-10, 17:44
Thank goodness for this forum. I am sick of feeling ill, thought I was the only one who has been bad. Hot, headache, aching and still got symptoms after a weeiK. I was wishing the swine flu helpline was still open so I could get antiviral drugs, never felt so bad.

domino
05-Mar-10, 20:53
Vomited all night Saturday, diarrhoea Sunday. deadly winter bug. Should be all clear after 4-5 days. drink plenty fluids

tartanyorkie
06-Mar-10, 14:56
I wish mine was the vomiting bug,it would have gone by now. It is all in my head now, sick of having a headache.