PDA

View Full Version : New Members Location

bekisman
05-Mar-10, 11:17
New Members location

Just wondering, we seem to be getting a lot of new members - which is good. But wondered why so many do not give their location? - I don't mean exactly where they are, but for example I give 'Strathy others give 'Wick' or 'Melvich' 'Lybster' 'Tucson' 'Edinburgh' 'Kuwait' etc.. quite often we've had - for example - "it's snowing here" and have no idea where it's actually snowing.. a minor point, but just wondered what the reason was.Get the feeling nervous folks on here?..

Commore
05-Mar-10, 11:42
New Members location

Just wondering, we seem to be getting a lot of new members - which is good. But wondered why so many do not give their location? - I don't mean exactly where they are, but for example I give 'Strathy others give 'Wick' or 'Melvich' 'Lybster' 'Tucson' 'Edinburgh' 'Kuwait' etc.. quite often we've had - for example - "it's snowing here" and have no idea where it's actually snowing.. a minor point, but just wondered what the reason was...

I knew there was something I had to do, update my profile, thank you for the prompt reminder,
:)

shazzap
05-Mar-10, 12:11
Privacy, anonymity ?

Commore
05-Mar-10, 12:27
Privacy, anonymity ?

Yes, you are right, maybe suffice to say, somewhere near you. :)

Vistravi
05-Mar-10, 12:51
I didn't put anything in the location box for months after we joined ;) Now as you can see i still don't say where my current location is either.

Phill
05-Mar-10, 21:43
Yeah this half arsed info isn't acceptable. Thorough vetting and background checks complete with home inspections. There should be a members committee, little black balls an' all that. Maybe even special signs that we could give each other so no one would know but us..........

:confused

marwill
05-Mar-10, 23:28
Hello bekisman,
I gave my location but I am not listed in the community either.:(
You are a quite a few miles from me, so I dare say our weather may be different too?

Bazeye
05-Mar-10, 23:29
If theyre too shy to put their location on a messege board doubt if theyre up for a night out.

Bazeye
05-Mar-10, 23:30
Btw, its dark here.

Vistravi
05-Mar-10, 23:34
It's dark here too Bazeye :lol:

ducati
06-Mar-10, 00:19
Maybe even special signs that we could give each other so no one would know but us..........

:confused

You mean like if two complete strangers meet in the street and start punching each others lights out they must be orgers? :lol:

It's dark here too...and very very quite

flash
06-Mar-10, 11:38
Then one goes in the huff and announces they are deleting their account and leaving, oh and don't try and stop me........