PDA

View Full Version : 80's v programms

angela5
17-May-06, 15:49
Dallas, Dynasty.:D

footie chick
17-May-06, 15:53
Ah the A Team BA Hannibal,Face etc they dont make programs like that any more!:lol:

Knight Rider, Big Daddy wrestling on a saturday morning, Dukes o hazzard, Saint & greevsie on a saturday was worth paying the licence fee for not like that rubbish they put on today!

coastown
17-May-06, 16:08
starsky and hutch
happy days
miami vice
knots landing

dunderheed
17-May-06, 16:31
for those nostalgic for british wrestling channel 427(the wrestling channel) on satelite has the old world of sport wrestling on every day at 2pm (3pm on a saturday)

porshiepoo
17-May-06, 16:45
Dallas,
knots landing,
Airwolf,
Streethawk.

Those were the days eh! :)

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:22
hart to hart

dempsey and makepeace

the six millon doller man

police woman ( angie dickinson)

wonder woman

chip's

fantasy island

cagney and lacey

lovejoy

magnum

rockford file's

angela5
17-May-06, 18:22
Hammer House of horror.
Tales of the Unexpected.

oooh! they were scary.:lol:

erli
17-May-06, 18:27
My favourite was 'The Fall Guy'.

footie chick
17-May-06, 18:35
forgot all about the fall guy cant get the theme tune out of my head now[lol]

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:38
bergerac

boon

the young ones

fraggle rock

supergran

tiswas

the tomorrow people

worzel gummidge

animal magic

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:38
forgot about spitting image

dozerboy
17-May-06, 18:40
the flying doctors used to be good too.

Billy Boy
17-May-06, 18:42
incredible hulk

basil brush

banana splits

ooohh the memories are flooding back mr billy boy is going around doin the bananna song , OMG he is gonna do ma head in if he keeps it up:mad:

obiron
17-May-06, 18:52
dukes of hazzard
he man
thundercats
supergran
miami vice
the professionals

kas
17-May-06, 18:54
Have any of you visited the tv ark website. You can get the intros to alot of old TV programs and also alot of old adverts, its great.

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

The 80s means kids programs to me.

Thundercats, button moon, the sooty show to name but a few.

obiron
17-May-06, 19:29
Have any of you visited the tv ark website. You can get the intros to alot of old TV programs and also alot of old adverts, its great.

had a quick look and was singing along to supergran and minding what the terrahawks tune was like. cracking stuff.

erli
17-May-06, 20:06

WOW Kas, Thanks.
I found Look and Read which we had to watch every week in primary school. I remember Dark Towers, Fair Ground and Badger Girl. The memories are coming flooding back.:cool:

ice box
18-May-06, 00:21
street hawk
hill street blues
wurzel gumage
super gran
dukes hazzard
magnum pi
night rider
air wolf
golden girl s lol
prisoner cell block H

Foxy
18-May-06, 00:39
Moonlighting with Bruce Willis & Sybil shepherd loved that programme.

porshiepoo
18-May-06, 08:36
Sapphire & Steel - God was that freaky!! remember the one with the baby that turned into a full grown man over night? Scared the Bejesus out of me. :eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 20:16
Monkey
Space 1999
Automan
StreetHawk
Not the 9 o'clock News.

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 20:20
Monkey
Space 1999
Automan
StreetHawk
Not the 9 o'clock News. Hey hey, monkey was cool.;)
AAhhhhh Pigsy.......

A fave of mine was, barney miller.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 20:28
Hey hey, monkey was cool.;)
AAhhhhh Pigsy.......

A fave of mine was, barney miller.

Favourite part o' Monkey for me,pultneytooner,was the dubbing.

Monkey would say to Pigsy and Sandy,"C'mon we will rescue Tripitakka."

Sandy speaking in Japanese for three minutes,then the English dub would say "yes":lol:

Cannae mind Barney Miller,wit was it about?

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 20:33
Favourite part o' Monkey for me,pultneytooner,was the dubbing.

Monkey would say to Pigsy and Sandy,"C'mon we will rescue Tripitakka."

Sandy speaking in Japanese for three minutes,then the English dub would say "yes":lol:

Cannae mind Barney Miller,wit was it about?
lol, the famous overdub, fantastic, grasshopper.
Barney miller was a comedy cop show, ach, mibbe just my taste.:D

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 20:35
Used to watch chorlton and the wheelies and cough'rentaghost'cough as well.[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 20:47
Used to watch chorlton and the wheelies as well.[lol]

Classic programme.Hey,pultneytooner,did Barney have a British cousin Windy,who owned a windmill doon Trumpton way.:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 20:54
Classic programme.Hey,pultneytooner,did Barney have a British cousin Windy,who owned a windmill doon Trumpton way.:lol: Aye, at wis his cousin. mind trumpton. Firemen on parade: Pugh Pugh Barney McGrew, Cuthbert Dibble Grub...[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:00
Aye, at wis his cousin.<br>mind trumpton. Firemen on parade: Pugh Pugh Barney McGrew, Cuthbert Dibble Grub...[lol]

:lol: Wis it Camberwick Green that the two guys were going along on the train.Remember the butler walking along this long corridor to get to the telephone."Naw,ye've the wrong number,Dylan isnae on this programme,he's the stoned bunny fae the Magic Roundabout."

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:03
:lol: Wis it Camberwick Green that the two guys were going along on the train.Remember the butler walking along this long corridor to get to the telephone."Naw,ye've the wrong number,Dylan isnae on this programme,he's the stoned bunny fae the Magic Roundabout."
hahaha, that rabbit was definitely stunned, i think ermintrude was on the mind altering mushrooms aswell.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:09
hahaha, that rabbit was definitely stunned, i think ermintrude was on the mind altering mushrooms aswell.

Aye,Ermintrude wi the flower in the mouth......flower power.Evil Edna fae 'Willo the Wisp',she was another gumsy kissin' auntie,gave me nightmares.

What was the witch called from Chorlton and the Wheelies?.....I cannae remember,she used to freak me oot as well.

See the repeats now and ye think,"How were you scared o' that."Doctor Who,now that was SCAAAARY in the Tom Baker years.:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:22
Aye,Ermintrude wi the flower in the mouth......flower power.Evil Edna fae 'Willo the Wisp',she was another gumsy kissin' auntie,gave me nightmares.

What was the witch called from Chorlton and the Wheelies?.....I cannae remember,she used to freak me oot as well.

See the repeats now and ye think,"How were you scared o' that."Doctor Who,now that was SCAAAARY in the Tom Baker years.:lol: Hardly surprising ye canna remember her name, It was was, 'Fenella the Wicked Kettle Witch', I had to google that.[lol]
Tom baker, good actor and definately the best dr who, I just remember starting to watch jon pertwee as dr who then he was replaced by tom baker a few weeks later.

footie chick
18-May-06, 21:23
saw Tom Baker in Inverness man is he tall still looks quite scarey in real life!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:26
Hardly surprising ye canna remember her name, It was was, 'Fenella the Wicked Kettle Witch', I had to google that.[lol]
Tom baker, good actor and definately the best dr who, I just remember starting to watch jon pertwee as dr who then he was replaced by tom baker a few weeks later.

Pultneytooner,I'm afraid I cannae remember Jon Pertwee as Dr Who,but do remember him as that"chocolate eating cake fan",Worzel Gummidge.:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:26
saw Tom Baker in Inverness man is he tall still looks quite scarey in real life!
I remember watching one of those films where you get 4 or five seperate horror tales, One starred tom baker as an artist, in a sort of dorian gray type story, can't remember all the details but yes he is one scary looking guy.:eek:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:28
Pultneytooner,I'm afraid I cannae remember Jon Pertwee as Dr Who,but do remember him as that"chocolate eating cake fan",Worzel Gummidge.:lol: Ach, ye must of missed that one, is it her off emerdale that was aunt sally?.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:32
Ach, ye must of missed that one, is it her off emerdale that was aunt sally?.

Dinnae watch Emmerdale,but think it was Una Stubbs who played Alf Garnetts daughter in "In Sickness and in health."

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:35
Dinnae watch Emmerdale,but think it was Una Stubbs who played Alf Garnetts daughter in "In Sickness and in health."
Right enough it was una stubbs, poor alf used to get a right hard time from her and the silly old moo.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:39
Right enough it was una stubbs, poor alf used to get a right hard time from her and the silly old moo.

Alf wi his humour and his own ideal way o' politics,would have been a good orger.Maybe Warren Mitchell is?:lol:

connieb19
18-May-06, 21:41
Alf wi his humour and his own ideal way o' politics,would have been a good orger.Maybe Warren Mitchell is?:lol:Who's that then, Landmarker?:confused

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:44
Who's that then, Landmarker?:confused
As good a choice as any.[lol]

connieb19
18-May-06, 21:48
As good a choice as any.[lol]Then again Pultneytooner, you might just be a better candidate..lol:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:49
Who's that then, Landmarker?:confused

So who is this Alf?

Is it Sarge?...........nope
Is it Rosemary the telephone operator?..........nope
Is it Henry the mild mannered janitor?............could be!!!!!

Hong Kong Phooeey....number 1 super guy.:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:50
Mind at thing A.L.F that used till eat cats?

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 21:51
Then again Pultneytooner, you might just be a better candidate..lol:lol:
Me, controversial, never.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 21:56
Mind at thing A.L.F that used till eat cats?

Remember A.L.F,eating cats.Cannae be an orger,look at the hassle DW goes through.Pultneytooner,ye minded me of Fraggle Rock,did Jim Henson no do the puppet for A.L.F.Mr and Mrs Billy Boy mentioned it earlier,but man this programme was before its time.:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:03
Remember A.L.F,eating cats.Cannae be an orger,look at the hassle DW goes through.Pultneytooner,ye minded me of Fraggle Rock,did Jim Henson no do the puppet for A.L.F.Mr and Mrs Billy Boy mentioned it earlier,but man this programme was before its time.:lol:
Maybe DW 'is' A.L.F[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:09
Maybe DW 'is' A.L.F[lol]

Stranger things have happened.:lol:

Jamie and the Magic Torch....can anybody...please...tell me what that was about?

Was always surprised with Bagpuss,Mr Benn and Fawlty Towers.Thought that these programmes had run for series after series.But their was only about 13 episodes made o' each,maybe slightly more for the Towers.

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:11
Stranger things have happened.:lol:

Jamie and the Magic Torch....can anybody...please...tell me what that was about?

Was always surprised with Bagpuss,Mr Benn and Fawlty Towers.Thought that these programmes had run for series after series.But their was only about 13 episodes made o' each,maybe slightly more for the Towers.
That was all the repeats ye were watching.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:15
That was all the repeats ye were watching.

Repeats on the telly?Ye must be havering pultneytooner?:lol: :lol:

connieb19
18-May-06, 22:29

I used to love Jamie and his magic torch. Nobody else ever seems to know what I'm on about though..:confused

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:35
I used to love Jamie and his magic torch. Nobody else ever seems to know what I'm on about though..:confused

Watched it week in week out.Can't remember what it was about.Maybe it was an experiment on kids memories.....:lol:

Billy Boy
18-May-06, 22:41
http://www.thechestnut.com/jamie/title-014.jpg
Little Gems - Jamie and the Magic Torch
This super little animated classic began life on ITV back in the days when children could watch a little television just after Schools and Colleges finished or when morning television for the grown ups had finished at midday. Jamie and the magic torch concerned the adventures of Jamie and his dog Wordsworth. Wordsworth took care of the torch to ensure that no one else found out about it. Each episode would being with Jamie's mother making sure he was tucked up in bed. She would then turn out the light thinking him asleep and say "Sleep well Jamie." The very second she had gone, Jamie would open an eye and Wordsworth would appear from beneath the bed. Wordsworth would hand the torch over to Jamie and he would shine it onto the bedroom floor. A large colourful hole would appear in the floor opening up the window to a new world. Jamie would go first followed by a slightly reluctant Wordsworth. A new adventure always began with Jamie and Wordsworth going down the helta skelta into Cuckoo Land. At the bottom Jamie and Wordsworth would fly out of the base of a tree onto a soft trampoline. Both Jamie and Wordsworth would spend time there each night, sorting out the problems that the people of Cuckoo Land may have got themselves into. Jamie and Wordsworth could not stay too long in Cuckoo Land as they would always have to return just in case his mother discovered them missing. At the end of each episode, Jamie and Wordsworth would go back up the helta skelta and they would find themselves back where they started in Jamie's bedroom. Jamie would quickly get into bed and then close his eyes upon which we would hear his mother say "Settle down now, Jamie. Come on Wordsworth, out of there."
To my knowledge, three seasons of Jamie were made each containing 13 episodes. The first season was shown in 1976 but it continued to be shown right through to the early 1980s. Each episode lasted a little over ten mins.
Jamie and the Magic Torch was produced by Cosgrove-Hall Productions which produced a whole line of great animated classics. Their first production, 'The Magic Ball' was an award-winning series and is the very first animation that I remember. The Magic Ball was my all time favourite animation - it is a shame we cannot get to see it again though. If anyone has any material for the "THE MAGIC BALL", then please email me as I would love to see this truly remarkable little animation again.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:46
http://www.thechestnut.com/jamie/title-014.jpg
Little Gems - Jamie and the Magic Torch
This super little animated classic began life on ITV back in the days when children could watch a little television just after Schools and Colleges finished or when morning television for the grown ups had finished at midday. Jamie and the magic torch concerned the adventures of Jamie and his dog Wordsworth. Wordsworth took care of the torch to ensure that no one else found out about it. Each episode would being with Jamie's mother making sure he was tucked up in bed. She would then turn out the light thinking him asleep and say "Sleep well Jamie." The very second she had gone, Jamie would open an eye and Wordsworth would appear from beneath the bed. Wordsworth would hand the torch over to Jamie and he would shine it onto the bedroom floor. A large colourful hole would appear in the floor opening up the window to a new world. Jamie would go first followed by a slightly reluctant Wordsworth. A new adventure always began with Jamie and Wordsworth going down the helta skelta into Cuckoo Land. At the bottom Jamie and Wordsworth would fly out of the base of a tree onto a soft trampoline. Both Jamie and Wordsworth would spend time there each night, sorting out the problems that the people of Cuckoo Land may have got themselves into. Jamie and Wordsworth could not stay too long in Cuckoo Land as they would always have to return just in case his mother discovered them missing. At the end of each episode, Jamie and Wordsworth would go back up the helta skelta and they would find themselves back where they started in Jamie's bedroom. Jamie would quickly get into bed and then close his eyes upon which we would hear his mother say "Settle down now, Jamie. Come on Wordsworth, out of there."
To my knowledge, three seasons of Jamie were made each containing 13 episodes. The first season was shown in 1976 but it continued to be shown right through to the early 1980s. Each episode lasted a little over ten mins.
Jamie and the Magic Torch was produced by Cosgrove-Hall Productions which produced a whole line of great animated classics. Their first production, 'The Magic Ball' was an award-winning series and is the very first animation that I remember. The Magic Ball was my all time favourite animation - it is a shame we cannot get to see it again though. If anyone has any material for the "THE MAGIC BALL", then please email me as I would love to see this truly remarkable little animation again.

Knew it had somthing to do with cuckoo land,have lived there for most o' ma days.

Cosgrove-Hall thats the guys who did Dangermouse.....oui,non?:lol:

connieb19
18-May-06, 22:47
Cheers, Mr and Mrs Billyboy, that brings back great memories..:)

Billy Boy
18-May-06, 22:48
http://www.thechestnut.com/jamie/title-011.jpg

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:48
Knew it had somthing to do with cuckoo land,have lived there for most o' ma days.

Ahh, dangermouse, the kids program with the cool jokes for the adults, excellent.:D

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:49
http://www.thechestnut.com/jamie/title-011.jpg

I wonder was jamie dipping into his parents stash.;)

Billy Boy
18-May-06, 22:50

http://nyanko.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/chamb/images/dmdmpointy.jpg

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:52
Ahh, dangermouse, the kids program with the cool jokes for the adults, excellent.:D

Donnie Murdo,the jokes always came across better in gaelic.:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:52
At's a beeg moos.

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:53
Donnie Murdo,the jokes always came across better in gaelic.:lol:
Followed by padraig post.[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:55

Thats the guys!!!!Right aw ye on board.trivia time.

A) Who did the voice for Dangermouse?
B) Who did the voice for Penfold?

Anybody who disnae ken just tell me to get a life!!!!:lol:

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 22:56
Thats the guys!!!!Right aw ye on board.trivia time.

A) Who did the voice for Dangermouse?
B) Who did the voice for Penfold?

Anybody who disnae ken just tell me to get a life!!!!:lol:
David jason and terry scott.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 22:59
David jason and terry scott.

We have a winner!Pultneytooner.

pultneytooner
18-May-06, 23:01
We have a winner!Pultneytooner.
Shucks, I used to watch terry and june and I mind david jason was the voice of duckula, the vegetarian duck vampire.[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-May-06, 23:06
Shucks, I used to watch terry and june and I mind david jason was the voice of duckula, the vegetarian duck vampire.[lol]

Terry and June.The Victor and Margaret Meldrew of the 80's.Not as depressing though.:Razz

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
19-May-06, 06:58
Time Tunnel
Voyage to the bottom of the sea
Land of the Giants
Star Trek http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

dunderheed
19-May-06, 09:12
pultneytooner,
you were kinda correct lorraine chase was indeed in wurzle gummage , she played the shop maniquine(sp?) who was always ripping into aunt sally for being common. wurzle always used to put on his posh head to talk to her.
two old favourites of mine were stigg of the dump and stookie doyle although i don't know if stookie was ever shown up this way as it was an stv production.

an as for cedric saying he's too young to remember these programmes - he may be but only just!!:Razz

pultneytooner
19-May-06, 13:04
pultneytooner,
you were kinda correct lorraine chase was indeed in wurzle gummage , she played the shop maniquine(sp?) who was always ripping into aunt sally for being common. wurzle always used to put on his posh head to talk to her.
two old favourites of mine were stigg of the dump and stookie doyle although i don't know if stookie was ever shown up this way as it was an stv production.

an as for cedric saying he's too young to remember these programmes - he may be but only just!!:Razz
Thanks, dunderheed, I thought I'd imagined it, funnily enough I was thinking last night how much lorraine chase looked like an aged manequine.........spooky:eek: