PDA

View Full Version : Anything you can do we can do better!

JAWS
17-May-06, 05:08
I take back all the insults, digs and snotty remarks which I have made previously about the building at Holyrood.

If retract my previous remarks about it being the biggest fiasco since the Millennium Dome.

London, feeling totally out done by Edinburgh having outdone them in the Laughing Stock Stakes, have decided to retaliate by putting Edinburgh back in the shade.

In 2004 London won the supreme sporting accolade of winning the great honour of chosen to host the Olympic Games of 2012.
The plan was all carefully laid out having been fully considered and costed.
A budget of 1.5 billion was required to provide everything needed for the best Games the World had ever seen.

Well, it's like this. The price tag has already escalated by the total cost of building Holyrood and that's in only two years with six more still to go.

What Scotland paid for a building, London simply manages to overlook.
How's that for one upmanship. :Razz
And what's betting this is only the start of the blunders?

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
17-May-06, 05:55
Hang in there Jaws,the way it is falling apart it will be a parking lot in a couple of years http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

JAWS
18-May-06, 02:00
Hang in there Jaws,the way it is falling apart it will be a parking lot in a couple of years http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon6.gif
I wonder how long it will take them to fill the hole in?

Have London managed to get rid of the their silly dome yet?

Chobbersjnr
18-May-06, 02:45
I wonder how long it will take them to fill the hole in?

It's being shipped to Kaitness for use as a new nuclear reactor dome.........................................SWINE S

Chillie
18-May-06, 03:17

Yes they gave it to Mr & Mrs BillyBoy to use as pond in their back garden for all those babies they are having. [lol]

dozerboy
18-May-06, 20:17
Northlink are going to buy the dome, turn it upside down and float between Stromness and Scrabster in it!! Might be safer than the Hamnavoe!!