PDA

View Full Version : My cat

unicorn
03-Mar-10, 21:42
This is Smudge with Bobbi
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/unicorn111/001-3.jpg

Poor Smudge must be the unluckiest cat I know, as a kitten she spent weeks confined with a greenstick fracture, she has had both ears removed due to tumours and now after a visit to the vets it seems she may have a new tumour but sadly it is in her brain this time.
She has been suffering narcolepsy where she would occasionally collapse like a stone, literally passing out and then get up seconds later like nothing had happened, but the last couple of days it has become more severe, the vets have tried steroids today to see if it will help a bit and tonight she is relaxed and sleeping but after 14 years with her I think our time is sadly coming to an end. I am hoping it will contain it for a little while but as soon as I feel she is suffering we will have to make the very difficult journey.

ShelleyCowie
03-Mar-10, 22:13
Oh Unicorn thats so sad, but i bet the lovely thing has had happiness being with you.

i love white cats, they stand out so much! Beautiful.

unicorn
03-Mar-10, 22:38
She is the sweetest natured cat I have ever met, she loves all the local kids and will follow anyone for a pet, she used to leave me the heads and tails of her mouse snacks on the doorstep in the morning, thats love for you.
I am sure she has only survived the roads as she is white, she sits on the road and makes the cars wait.
Sadly now the hunting has stopped and she is kind of like an old lady, she also spends the day always starving but we think it may be that she is getting a bit senile with whatever is going on in her head.

Jenni
03-Mar-10, 22:57
What a gorgeous cat. I could just pick her up and cuddle her. I feel heartfelt sorry for you as you approach this possible horrible decision. I know you wouldn't let the cat suffer but having to make the decision to end their life is horrendous. I really don't envy you at all. Fingers crossed that you have some more quality time together.

Rictina
03-Mar-10, 23:05
AWww bless her heart, such a lovely girl.

Reminds me of my boy Snowy, he was a pure white.

unicorn
03-Mar-10, 23:15
Her brother was a snowy, and identical to her. Sadly he died a few months ago, he was adorable also, I used to love seeing him sitting on his owners wall.

Liz
03-Mar-10, 23:37
Aw she is gorgeous and I am so, so sorry that she is unwell again and my heart goes out to you.xxx

You say she is unlucky but she isn't! She has you as a mum who has loved and cared for all these years and I know she is grateful to you.

teenybash
04-Mar-10, 00:28
She looks a real sweetiepie.........enjoy the special times you have left with her and cherish everyday. My heart goes out to you, but take comfort that she doesn't know a thing about it. Lots of hugs to you both.

Serenity
04-Mar-10, 00:54
She is gorgeous. Sorry to hear she is unwell.
One of my cats had tumors on his ears and had to have them both removed. I always thought it was a bit of an odd thing, maybe more common?

Bradcon
04-Mar-10, 09:46
Ohhh no poor Smudge. She hasnt had an easy life, but she has loved and been loved every minute of it. Enjoy her. She looks very peaceful sleeping with Bobby.

cherokee
04-Mar-10, 11:03
So sorry that poor Smudge isn't well.
You never know, these new tablets now will maybe give her a lot longer with you than you think!
As everyone else on here has already said, she's obviously a much loved cat and has had a great life with you and, hopefully, a good while yet!
Take care Unicorn, I really hope she gets over this!

Sarah
04-Mar-10, 20:14
She is a beautiful puss! Sorry to hear she isn't doing too well :(

miranda
04-Mar-10, 20:41
poor smudge, get well hugs and kisses xx

you
05-Mar-10, 22:56
So sorry to hear about Smudge. Just give her lots of cuddles and remember that she has a good home with you and that she gave you pleasure in having her with you.

purplelady
05-Mar-10, 23:40
I went though the heart break of losing one of my cats last year so i know how you feel I still have his sister and she is ok just now but a very old lady at 18 xxxx

unicorn
05-Mar-10, 23:50
She didn't seem so bad yesterday the collapses cut significantly, but today there have been many and tonight she had 4 in 1 hour, not as bad as they have been but still disorientating for her when they happen :~(

Stavro
06-Mar-10, 01:43
She didn't seem so bad yesterday the collapses cut significantly, but today there have been many and tonight she had 4 in 1 hour, not as bad as they have been but still disorientating for her when they happen :~(

I can understand how distressing this must be for yourself and poor Smudge. She knows that you are there for her.

“It is not just that animals make the world more scenic or picturesque. The lives of animals are woven into our very being – closer than our own breathing – and our soul will suffer when they are gone.” (Gary Kowalski – Author of The Souls of Animals)

bullielove
06-Mar-10, 08:13
I am so sorry to hear about Smudge. Thank god she has you to care for her, poor wee soul. She looks quite the distinguished lady lying there with the dogs. Hope you are all okay

Liz
06-Mar-10, 13:44
All of us who have had pets who have been very ill will know how you are feeling right now.:(

Here's hoping that she will improve.

We are all here for you. Sending you a big cyber hug!

PS Stavro that is a beautiful quotation and so very true.

Stavro
07-Mar-10, 01:42
All of us who have had pets who have been very ill will know how you are feeling right now.:(

Here's hoping that she will improve.

We are all here for you. Sending you a big cyber hug!

PS Stavro that is a beautiful quotation and so very true.

Thank you Liz, I think so too!

luskentyre
07-Mar-10, 02:15
Poor Smudge... As Liz pointed out though, she's lucky to have so much care and love. It's horrible seeing our pets unwell in any way but she's very fortunate to have you looking after her so well.

dbooth82
08-Mar-10, 17:35
awww bless i hope she lives a while longer as shes got a owner like you,,,, such a same ,,, poor kitty

unicorn
08-Mar-10, 19:58
She has spent most of today laying in the sunshine so any turns she has had were while she slept. She is definately far sleepier than usual but sleep is good.

Liz
08-Mar-10, 20:12
Aaaww bless her. As you say though sleep is good and very healing. Here's hoping the steroids work. xxx

unicorn
11-May-10, 20:02
Sadly our Smudge had to be PTS tonight, she will be so badly missed, sleep tight our girl xx :~(

dollycat
11-May-10, 20:26
So very sorry to hear tonights sad news.
Thinking of you:(

hell raizer
11-May-10, 20:41
hi unicorn, at least smudge isn't in any pain now, give the bairn a hug from her granny :~(

unicorn
11-May-10, 20:51
She is absolutely gutted, we still have tears here :~(

moses
11-May-10, 20:55
so sorry to hear that smudge had to be pts,:( our old puss, Fuzzy, will be 18 in june, he doesnt go out much now, sleeps a lot, has arthritis, but otherwise is happy, i dread the day that he may have to be pts he is one of the family. xx

cherokee
11-May-10, 21:08
So very sorry to hear of the loss of your "bairn" :(
Thinking of you all XXX

I'm like "moses" on here, I absolutley dread the day when I may have to say goodbye to my wee darling - shes 16 years old now.

Wellies
11-May-10, 22:42
I am sorry to hear about poor Smudge but you knew when the time was right. Doesn't make you feel any better though does it. Thinking of you all

Liz
11-May-10, 22:50
If werds would bring you comfort at this sad time I would send you pages but all I can say is I am so very, very sorry and am thinking of you at this sad time.:~(:~(

We all know what you are going through and are here for you. xxx

Sarah
11-May-10, 23:12
I am so sorry for your loss :( sleep well Smudge.

teenybash
11-May-10, 23:24
A big hug to you Unicorn and your family....so sad your sweet Smudge had to leave you, but is now in perfect peace. xx