PDA

View Full Version : New Nuclear Power Stations

Chillie
17-May-06, 01:00
I see Tony Blair has decided to do a U turn on them and will probably order the building of The New Generation Nuclear Stations very soon.
I do hope they pick Caithness again to bring in some much needed employment to keep all these new stores

JAWS
17-May-06, 01:34
I see Tony Blair has decided to do a U turn on them and will probably order the building of The New Generation Nuclear Stations very soon.
I do hope they pick Caithness again to bring in some much needed employment to keep all these new stores
No arguement from me there. I'm just glad that we don't send people down coal mines getting killed so I can keep warm.

dunderheed
17-May-06, 07:52
didn't jack mcconnell say a couple of weeks ago that he would be against the building of any new generation reactors in scotland until the safe disposal of the spent feul was addressed?

JAWS
18-May-06, 01:58
didn't jack mcconnell say a couple of weeks ago that he would be against the building of any new generation reactors in scotland until the safe disposal of the spent feul was addressed?
Somebody should tell him the spent fuel problem has been solved, there's a ready market for it in Iran. :D

Chillie
18-May-06, 02:59
Somebody should tell him the spent fuel problem has been solved, there's a ready market for it in Iran. :D

And by what I have heard on this Org last night.[lol]

JAWS
18-May-06, 04:39
And by what I have heard on this Org last night.[lol]
Mmm, yes, that would be a good idea but I won't say where I would shove it because I'm not that desperate to get a ban. ;)

Tugmistress
21-May-06, 09:10
Reading todays Scotsman i don't think it will happen up here :(

excerpt .....

NEW nuclear power stations for Scotland have been all but ruled out because the costs of transporting electricity south is too high, Scottish Executive ministers have claimed.
Changes to national grid connection fees aimed at persuading generators to locate closer to consumers are piling extra costs on to any Scottish-based stations that might envision sending energy to the more crowded south.

read the full article here (http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=753942006)

JAWS
22-May-06, 06:37

excerpt .....

NEW nuclear power stations for Scotland have been all but ruled out because the costs of transporting electricity south is too high, Scottish Executive ministers have claimed.
Changes to national grid connection fees aimed at persuading generators to locate closer to consumers are piling extra costs on to any Scottish-based stations that might envision sending energy to the more crowded south.

That's interesting, aren't these the same people who want to cover Caithness with Wind Farms and sent the same energy south.
If their claim is that they want energy production nearer to the consumer then there are enough Wing Farms for the needs of the population naer here.
Perhaps they should site any further Wind Farms round the Central Belt where the majority of consumers are.
Does anybody think they will do that?

Rheghead
22-May-06, 11:39

excerpt .....

Newspapers, especially the Scotsman, can say anything that they want when it comes to speculation. What you are reading there is an editorial opinion based on the private views of a small number of ministers. Tomorrow, you can perhaps read a totally different column which claims the opposite, because another small number of ministers hold a different view.

It is still all in the air and no decision has been made yet.

Bobinovich
22-May-06, 22:54
That's interesting, aren't these the same people who want to cover Caithness with Wind Farms and sent the same energy south.
If their claim is that they want energy production nearer to the consumer then there are enough Wing Farms for the needs of the population naer here.
Perhaps they should site any further Wind Farms round the Central Belt where the majority of consumers are.
Does anybody think they will do that?

My sentiments exactly!