PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Price Shocker

scotsboy
16-May-06, 18:25
Got a right shock when I went to fill the car up the other day, we have just had a 30% change in petrol price!!! Where as I used to pay about 13 pence (at todays exchange rate) it is now 8 pence:) A 30% decrease in petrol prices over here!!

JAWS
16-May-06, 19:08
Got a right shock when I went to fill the car up the other day, we have just had a 30% change in petrol price!!! Where as I used to pay about 13 pence (at todays exchange rate) it is now 8 pence:) A 30% decrease in petrol prices over here!!
There won't even be a 3% decrease over here, our wonderful Government will make sure of that!
According to what we keep being told in Caithness, it costs more than that to bring it 100 miles in a tanker!

scotsboy
16-May-06, 19:23
It is ridiculous really, even at $100 a barrel, they are coining it in with tax. I wouldn't mind if they actually used the money from taxation to put towards ameliorating the damage caused by carbon emissions, but no.
As for the Saudis, I am looking forward to an International conference on carbon managment next week an seeing how the dichotomy of local petrol prices and carbon emissions is tackled!

canuck
17-May-06, 02:40
It has gone down here by about 10%. I look forward to hearing the results of the Conference. The Canadian Government has just announced that we will not meet the Kyoto targets on time, although the Opposition is organizing a plan to enforce the dates.

JAWS
17-May-06, 03:51
The wonderful World Saving Carbon Credits Scheme is falling apart at the seams. It would appear that some Countries actually told porkies to get hold of a larger quote than they actually required to cover their emisions.

Well I never, fancy some Governments actually cheating when they can benefit from it. I'm absolutely shocked and astonished at this disgraceful new developement in Political behaviour.

As usual, we weren't so much behind the door, it was more that we didn't even see it was there, which is nothing new. We managed to claim well below our needs so our Power Companies will now have to cough up, at our expense via our bills, to buy credits off those countries who were wide awake.

Once again we have managed to shoot ourselves in the foot. :roll: