PDA

View Full Version : job application collywobblys

wickscorrie
02-Mar-10, 13:14
am humming and haaing filling in a job application just now, haven't really worked for the last 10 years now, have done voluntary alot of, but am now applying for a proper job.
not to say i'm nervous and thats just doing the application, its a thought to be even thinking out it, heaven help me if i even get an interview

does anyone else think like this or is it just me

gleeber
02-Mar-10, 13:23
does anyone else think like this or is it just me
It must be difficult after so long. I think most people would have apprehensions considering what you have told us. There's lots of personal issues come to the surface mostly to do with what we think about ourselves. We're wur own worst enemies.
Good luck though.

Liz
02-Mar-10, 13:23
It's only natural to be nervous when applying for a job after such a long time. You may have lost some confidence?

Still you have done some voluntary work and that will stand you in good stead.

You go for it and just tell yourself they will be lucky to have you!:D

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-10, 13:29
I never minded applying for jobs, but when it came to interviews i was a nervous wreck for no reason.

Give it a go and you will be fine! Good luck :D

Anfield
02-Mar-10, 13:30
Maybe take a trip down to Employment Centre, I am sure they will help you complete form

ducati
02-Mar-10, 13:31
Don't be intimidated. The people you are applying to need you, or they wouldn't have advertised the job.

When you get to the interview, don't assume the people doing the interview aren't nervous. After all, it's not the job they do all the time.

Remember, they are looking for someone like you :cool:

So try to make it easy for them to choose you.

Good Luck:Razz

wicker8
02-Mar-10, 15:01
hi i wish you all the best hope you get your job its just normal to feel like this

Sage
02-Mar-10, 15:58
go for it :)

If nothing else it will give you the experience, and if you get the job you dont have to accept it.

Remember they are looking for someone and you may be just what they are looking for!

I know just how daunting it is, but nothing ventured nothing gained ;)

Good luck

Red
02-Mar-10, 16:36
Just because the voluntary work wasn't paid doesn't make it any less of a job! I know people who have worked harder at voluntary jobs than they ever did for paid jobs!

You obviously have skills to offer so don't sell yourself short.

Positive attitude.:D

Good luck.

viking
02-Mar-10, 18:22
The fact that you have done a lot of voluntary work says a lot about you as a person. I'm sure it's given you good communication and teamwork skills also. There is some helpful advice on direct.gov website. Be honest, make eye contact and best of luck!

wickscorrie
25-Mar-10, 22:33
just a quick update, got an interview which went remarkably well, for once I had no problems finding the words (sometimes it feels like verbal dyslexia)
so even if i dinna get the job then at least it was a positive experience

joxville
25-Mar-10, 22:36
If you don't get the job you could maybe start your own business making energy saving lightbulbs. ;)