PDA

View Full Version : What food do you feed your dog ?

Rictina
02-Mar-10, 10:13
I was just wandering what you all feed your woofers ?

I feed all of mine Arden Grange now, I use to feed Orijen but it got too costly.

changilass
02-Mar-10, 10:24
Dr Johns and Gusto, with the addition of sardines or cornedbeef.

We also have to make extra rice when we are having it as he loves the stuff.

The wee man calls him our compost bin cos he has the tops off carrots, the middle of the cabbage and apple cores when he can get them.

Stefan
02-Mar-10, 12:30
Burns Pet Nutrition.
It's costly but the only food our dog with food allergies doesn't have any reactions to. Wouldn't feed anything else now even though I have 3 dogs and they are eating me out of house and home...lol.
Poops are so much easier to pick up when they are on this food.

Leanne
02-Mar-10, 12:33
I feed Dr Johns or Burgess superdog. Mine need a low protein feed or the explode :eek:

Liz
02-Mar-10, 13:18
Naturediet Lite.

Benjy would eat anything and everything but I want him to eat a 'natural' food. Also, he has a sensitive tum and this is the only one that doesn't give him the skoots!:D

Sarah
02-Mar-10, 20:02
I feed Dr Johns or Burgess superdog. Mine need a low protein feed or the explode :eek:

Mine too, so they eat Wagg mixed with Chappie. All the good quality foods made my girl ill!

shazzap
02-Mar-10, 20:18
We got our dog a few months ago aged 3.
I know that the dry complete foods are best for them but, he just would not touch it. Meals were becoming a battle. I tried more expensive wet meats and no again.

The only ones he will eat are Tesco own brand individuals and the same from Pets At Home.

simpsoney
02-Mar-10, 20:27
Have always fed my three on wagg!

bullielove
02-Mar-10, 20:40
One of my two are on barf diet with pasta. Biologically appropriate raw food. Raw white meat and fish, raw veg done in the food processor and pasta to bulk it up. I have to do this cause my bull terrier is so food sensitive even james wellbeloved etc brings out foot licking and sores. it is aggravating that I cant get blocks of raw meat delivered up here as ordering them in costs much less than pets at home which is 80 per block. Unless anyone knows of anyone who delivers? The other one eats the same but with a can of dog food instead

Rictina
02-Mar-10, 23:33
Dr Johns and Gusto, with the addition of sardines or cornedbeef.

We also have to make extra rice when we are having it as he loves the stuff.

The wee man calls him our compost bin cos he has the tops off carrots, the middle of the cabbage and apple cores when he can get them.

I have never herd of that brand, I'll have a wee google, LOL

Compost bin, ha ha bless him.

Rictina
02-Mar-10, 23:34
Burns Pet Nutrition.
It's costly but the only food our dog with food allergies doesn't have any reactions to. Wouldn't feed anything else now even though I have 3 dogs and they are eating me out of house and home...lol.
Poops are so much easier to pick up when they are on this food.

Yes, I agree Burns is a great food.

dragonfly
03-Mar-10, 08:16
my 3 are on JWB but I'm thinking of changing down to a less expensive brand, seen a bit about Dr John and the price is excellent - £30 saving!! - but is it just for working dogs (lurchers/greyhounds) or would it suit any active dog?

Stefan
03-Mar-10, 10:43
One of my two are on barf diet with pasta. Biologically appropriate raw food. Raw white meat and fish, raw veg done in the food processor and pasta to bulk it up. I have to do this cause my bull terrier is so food sensitive even james wellbeloved etc brings out foot licking and sores. it is aggravating that I cant get blocks of raw meat delivered up here as ordering them in costs much less than pets at home which is 80 per block. Unless anyone knows of anyone who delivers? The other one eats the same but with a can of dog food instead

I used to feed barf to my dogs but found it too expensive and most of all time consuming. One of mine licks his feet until they are raw red and then starts chewing the pads off until his feet bleed and he can't walk.
He was fine on barf but he is also fine on Burns Pet Nutrition. They do food for all kinds of dogs, rice, potato or maize based. Puppies, active dogs, seniors etc., was worth a try and found that rice based was best for him. They also do moist food.

His licking was also aggravated by dust mites, so he only lives on hard floors now and dog beds get washed regularly.

Leanne
03-Mar-10, 10:47
my 3 are on JWB but I'm thinking of changing down to a less expensive brand, seen a bit about Dr John and the price is excellent - £30 saving!! - but is it just for working dogs (lurchers/greyhounds) or would it suit any active dog?

It says on the bag working/sports dogs so I guess if your dog is active it will be fine on it :)

It's nice big nuggets as well so they chew it rather than inhaling it :lol:

froal
03-Mar-10, 14:15
Our all get Wagg worker and if anyone needs a little extra then they get Tripe or mince mixed in too :D

Kathy@watten
06-Mar-10, 20:12
My dogs have quite a varied diet, they eat any leftovers including veg etc, dried dog food either platinum Dr John's or they like the killdrummie mix musili, they get additional oil and butchermeat, they also get big knuckle bones to amuse them inbetween feeding. My dogs are all lean, some may think too thin but they are well fed, warm at night and have plenty of excercise. Hopefully this will keep them healthy and soundess issues away!

Julia
06-Mar-10, 21:51
Mine is on a BARF diet, in my opinion it's a more natural diet, it's much cheaper and she loves it!

brandy
06-Mar-10, 22:02
waggs here

Bookworm
07-Mar-10, 19:57

Have you tried ordering directly from Natures Menu for the raw blocks of meat?

Bookworm
07-Mar-10, 19:58
Mine are on Wainwrights in trays.

brandy
07-Mar-10, 20:04
also want to add mine eat cat food, scraps and anything remotley eddible that touches the floor.

crustyroll
07-Mar-10, 20:15
Have you tried ordering directly from Natures Menu for the raw blocks of meat?

I have tried this option and to be honest it's not any cheaper than buying directly from Pets at Home and if I remember rightly, the last time I tried, they said they couldn't deliver this far north!!!! There are quite a few companies out there that sell raw food a lot cheaper than Albion but it's getting it north is the problem. The only way I can see round it, is if a group of us got together and all placed an order and split the delivery charge??

I feed a raw diet, or BARF and all my dogs are happy contented healthy dogs. I'm not against kibble but I won't feed it again as a main diet, they get the occassional kibble as a biscuit treat only. Jinx's pups have all been raised on a raw diet and as the vet asked, "Are they all as big as this?" Two puppies went to their new homes today and both owners are continuing with the raw diet. One is staying until he is ten weeks and I think his owner will introduce kibble to him gradually and until an owner comes along for 'fat boy' he will continue to eat his raw diet.