PDA

View Full Version : Attention PS3 Owners

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-10, 20:45
Incase some people dont know the older PS3's are having problems at the moment and Sony have identified it.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/fe/news/playstation-3-struck-by-bug-0899fe.html

Im not quite convinced really. My OH bought the game "Heavy Rain" and he was 3/4 of the way through when it crashed completely. He reported the problem to the developers as did thousands of others. But problems started happening a few days ago. He has started the game again but its really annoying because he was so close to the end and its a brilliant game to watch.

Cant get on the PS3 network now but i guess thats because of the recent problems with the bug.

Anyone else affected? :(

theone
01-Mar-10, 21:05
Yip,

read here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

im behind you
01-Mar-10, 21:49
Incase some people dont know the older PS3's are having problems at the moment and Sony have identified it.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/fe/news/playstation-3-struck-by-bug-0899fe.html

Im not quite convinced really. My OH bought the game "Heavy Rain" and he was 3/4 of the way through when it crashed completely. He reported the problem to the developers as did thousands of others. But problems started happening a few days ago. He has started the game again but its really annoying because he was so close to the end and its a brilliant game to watch.

Cant get on the PS3 network now but i guess thats because of the recent problems with the bug.

Anyone else affected? :(
the advice they are telling us is that not to play your ps3 at the mo untill fixed not sure when that wiil be though. i to was having a bit of bother with heavy rain but i got there in the end. i was actually quite surrprised never saw that one coming.

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-10, 22:02
the advice they are telling us is that not to play your ps3 at the mo untill fixed not sure when that wiil be though. i to was having a bit of bother with heavy rain but i got there in the end. i was actually quite surrprised never saw that one coming.

Yeah i read that, wont be turning the PS3 on til i see the update giving the ok to do so.

Ooooohhhh dont tell me! Dont for the love of goodness tell me who the killer is!!!! EEK! I cant wait to see the end of it. :(

Heavy Rain is a very very good game though! One of my favourites for the PS3 so far i have to say.

Fluff
02-Mar-10, 00:06
my OH is very annoyed at this too. He is playing Heavy Rain too and now it won't play! I have just bought him Guitar Hero 5 (which has not arrived yet)

I was enjoying heavy rain too though!

MR_A
02-Mar-10, 00:10
I cant even play the offline single player of Modern Warfare 2

[evil]

joxville
02-Mar-10, 00:41
I updated my PS3 yesterday, it's the first time I'd been on the network since October. I've almost completed Uncharted 2, now I don't want to chance switching the machine on in case it goes kaput. :(

slinky
02-Mar-10, 01:35
i got the yellow then flashing red light of death on my 40 gb ps3 2 weeks ago was not happy just cut off after an update wich i found very unusal and wot i read up on it seems a bigger problem so il be trying for a replacement 40gb surley it should last more than 2 years ,so bought a 250gb slimline we 2 blu-rays for 250 pound last week

slinky
02-Mar-10, 01:37
I updated my PS3 yesterday, it's the first time I'd been on the network since October. I've almost completed Uncharted 2, now I don't want to chance switching the machine on in case it goes kaput. :(
shame class game too eh ,just finished army of 2 40 th day its good also loving hustle kings just now and batman :) online;)

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-10, 09:47
i got the yellow then flashing red light of death on my 40 gb ps3 2 weeks ago was not happy just cut off after an update wich i found very unusal and wot i read up on it seems a bigger problem so il be trying for a replacement 40gb surley it should last more than 2 years ,so bought a 250gb slimline we 2 blu-rays for 250 pound last week

Wow thats a brilliant buy! do you mind if i be nosey and ask where you got it? might get my OH a new one soon. :cool:

Stick
02-Mar-10, 12:02
Finaly got ma PS3 workin :D

Long as it stays that way now [lol]

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-10, 12:19
Finaly got ma PS3 workin :D

Long as it stays that way now [lol]

Is there a new update/patch?????

Dont want to turn mine on incase i break it even more lol

Metalattakk
02-Mar-10, 13:52
All fixed now, carry on as normal:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8544675.stm

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-10, 16:34
All fixed now, carry on as normal:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8544675.stm

Woo hoo!!!

Cheers for the link Metalattakk! :D

I want to see the end of Heavy Rain now

im behind you
02-Mar-10, 17:31
this happend to me shortly after i got my new ps3 i just phoned them up and they replaced it for with in the week so all good that was about a year and a half ago no problam since. and as for heavy rain im playing it again and im going to do things diffirently to see what happens.

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-10, 17:56
Ok so put the ps3 on, yes i can get back on PSN but when i tried to load the game of Heavy Rain i was playing before it was still not loading. Does that mean im going to have to start again? :~(

EDDIE
02-Mar-10, 17:59
The link below is video on you tube on how to access the playstation recovery options if your playstation is faulty and out of warranty worth a watch the guy rattles on abit at the start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZWye1CLTVo&feature=player_embedded#

Metalattakk
02-Mar-10, 19:36
Ok so put the ps3 on, yes i can get back on PSN but when i tried to load the game of Heavy Rain i was playing before it was still not loading. Does that mean im going to have to start again? :~(

Not sure. Have you reset the clock/date on the console manually? Might be worth a try. I'd imagine if the last game save date is the 29th i.e., a date that doesn't exist, it might be corrupt though.

Wonder if you could copy the game save data to another user (create another user), then back again to your own account and that would refresh the game-save date?

Also, I've read today of people having trouble with lost trophies, might be worth doing a trophy re-sync (I think that's what they called it).

EDDIE
02-Mar-10, 20:10
If the game is still not working all u can do as what Metalattakk says and failing that switch the ps3 off and then hold the power button down to it beeps and that will reboot the ps3 if it has crashed

im behind you
02-Mar-10, 23:09
my heavy rain is working but lost alot of my trophies though gutted

slinky
03-Mar-10, 00:59
this happend to me shortly after i got my new ps3 i just phoned them up and they replaced it for with in the week so all good that was about a year and a half ago no problam since. and as for heavy rain im playing it again and im going to do things diffirently to see what happens.
wot size gb was it and was it out of warranty?

joxville
03-Mar-10, 04:43
shame class game too eh ,just finished army of 2 40 th day its good also loving hustle kings just now and batman online;)
I decided to take a chance and switched the machine on, pleased to report no problems. :) I'm now at shoot-out in the Nepalese guides village, found a Gatling-type gun....AWESOME. :D

im behind you
03-Mar-10, 18:49
wot size gb was it and was it out of warranty?
it was a 40gb i got it out of woolies but when it broke woolies was shut it was about a week or two out of warranty but when i phoned and told them they just sent out a new one and they took of the old one no problams