PDA

View Full Version : Avg 9.0

chrismac
01-Mar-10, 13:20
Should we update/download this version now, I have tried but get the resident shield alert with 4 Virus identified exploits coming up, earlier in the year I downloaded flashget to download things to and this is where it is going so I am not sure to get it from here to the computer when done but I am concerned as to why this alert is coming up, also another pop up comes up with error in the script page

Bobinovich
01-Mar-10, 18:40
If you've got 4 identified virus-infected files then your current anti-virus package should remove them. If not then it's possible your AV is compromised and it needs to be rectified before you download and install AVG 9.

What's your current AV package? and have you downloaded and run an anti-malware package like the free Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org) to scan through your system? If not it'll be worth doing as it may help remove said files.

chrismac
02-Mar-10, 14:53
Thanks I ran a full scan with the malwarebytes and it showed nothing,my current package was 8.5, I downloaded and ran the 9.0 update with no problems. thanks again for you reply