PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the milk gone?

Julia
28-Feb-10, 17:39
Been to Tesco and Co-op and they are all sold out, all the Co-op had to offer was gold top but that's what I wanted anyway, unless you are after that or goat's milk then you may need to catch an unsuspecting cow and milk her yourself.

roadbowler
28-Feb-10, 17:56
yep. Noticed that too! Local shop was out of milk thursday. Tesco nearly out on friday.

Rictina
28-Feb-10, 18:02
Oh my ! Is that due to the bad weather, hence no deliverys ?

Its snowing like crazy here in Inverness.

changilass
28-Feb-10, 18:04
Poor coos, the dinnae want to freeze their udders off.

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-10, 18:19
i drink UHT and i am never short on it in this house. Its disgusting but its milk. Its all my OH likes. Buy the full fat for Athrun and i have plenty of that in too til last.

Poor cows tho, their milk aint gettin to the destination!

cesare
28-Feb-10, 18:54
Been to Tesco and Co-op and they are all sold out, all the Co-op had to offer was gold top but that's what I wanted anyway, unless you are after that or goat's milk then you may need to catch an unsuspecting cow and milk her yourself.

oh noez what ever shall one do.........here is a hint........Dont Drink it [lol]

annemarie482
28-Feb-10, 18:56
i can confirm it is delivery problems due to recent weather.
which should improve and be back to normal asap.

laguna2
28-Feb-10, 18:59
oh noez what ever shall one do.........here is a hint........Dont Drink it [lol]

They can't drink it ... because the shops have none to sell!

:lol:

cesare
28-Feb-10, 19:02
They can't drink it ... because the shops have none to sell!

:lol:

lol.......Funneh>> why no drink at Qt or whatever it called.......it has milk n Tea mixxed together but eww the thought of drinkin that makes me feel sick
i will stick to coke and let my teeth rot enjoyably LOl

suth13
28-Feb-10, 19:21
pity tesco and coop dont use local suppliers claymore dairies in wick have plenty of milk.

onecalledk
28-Feb-10, 19:58
perhaps its all evaporated ?

K

highlander
28-Feb-10, 20:10
Im more thinking of the poor farmers who have had to still milk the cows, and then pour the milk away due to not being collected and also the loss of money.

bekisman
28-Feb-10, 20:16
Talking about milk, a few years ago had our small grandson staying, just gone three. We were driving out west and on the side of the road, were a few containers of milk (left by the delivery man outside a house). "Hey look Tom, there's a Cows nest" I said as a joke, and left it at that.

A few weeks later we were down in England and went to collect Tom from pre-school. He came out skipping a happy beam on his face; "I've told Mrs Johnson I've seen a Cows nest, in Scotland, Grandad".. and there behind him stood Mrs Johnson with a bit of a confused look on her face.. 'out of the mouth of babes'.....

silverfox57
28-Feb-10, 21:00
pity tesco and coop dont use local suppliers claymore dairies in wick have plenty of milk.
totally agree as we get our milk delivered by claymore dairies.to door and as we live out of town. received my milk all this winter, and is much appreciated.

Aaldtimer
28-Feb-10, 21:51
Plenty milk in Lidls this afternoon.:)

trix
28-Feb-10, 22:19
iv choost stopt orderin milk fie claymores as i only drink goats milk these days, apparently its guid for certain skin conditions.
they never ever failed me tho, come wind, rain or snow, i ayie got ma milk :D

telfordstar
28-Feb-10, 22:20
I got last of tesco pure blue top milk earlier.

Vistravi
28-Feb-10, 23:16
I'm drinking milk by the gallon (a pregnancy craving also very good for heartburn with no need to use medication of any form) and my partner has suggested we buy ourselves a cow instead :lol: There is always a shortage of milk in the house atm due to me drinking all of it never mind at the shops. A 4 pinter used to last us a week and a half now only lasts 4 days.

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-10, 00:38
I'm drinking milk by the gallon (a pregnancy craving also very good for heartburn with no need to use medication of any form) and my partner has suggested we buy ourselves a cow instead :lol: There is always a shortage of milk in the house atm due to me drinking all of it never mind at the shops. A 4 pinter used to last us a week and a half now only lasts 4 days.

Oh my wooly word! :eek: Milk as a craving...hmm.

i can never tell what my cravings are because i eat too much to notice lol

carasmam
01-Mar-10, 00:57

:lol: @ wooly word - you are watching to much Show me show me !!

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-10, 10:02
:lol: @ wooly word - you are watching to much Show me show me !!

Oh gosh i dont realise im doing it! To make things worse...its on right now! Eek! :eek: I do like it as much as the bairn does tho. hehe!

Tighsonas4
01-Mar-10, 12:08
weve never missed one delivery from claymore dairies all winter in spite off all the weathers
its on the doorstep first thing in the morning
they seem to be deliverying throu the night
would hate to have run to tescos before i got my porridge [lol] tony

brandy
01-Mar-10, 16:06
hmm... may have to call claymores! we go thru some amount of milk! kids love it.. and if i take a mood to drink it.. then well thats 8 liters in a couple days.. *Grins* what i really miss is buying it by the gallon. it seems to last a wee bit longer then.. not much but a bit!

Vistravi
01-Mar-10, 17:34

Lol My other cravings have been oasis citrus punch and mini cheddars. Had to be careful with the mini cheddars as i didn't want to put any extra weight. Whatever weight i go up to in baby weight to me isn't a bother its the extra weight i put on that would bother me. So trying to keep my diet as healthy as possible but allowing for the odd junk food if i fancy it.

im behind you
01-Mar-10, 17:37
i herd today the cows are on strike but sshh dont tell any one.