PDA

View Full Version : Birthday

Kevin Milkins
28-Feb-10, 12:14
Just looking at the date at the corner of my pooter and I got to wondering about, what if you were born on a leap year on the 29th of February?:confused

Would your birth certificate say the 29th of February, or would you have a choice of the 28th of February or First of 1st March.

I think I would choose the 1st of March.;)

tonkatojo
28-Feb-10, 12:19
Just looking at the date at the corner of my pooter and I got to wondering about, what if you were born on a leap year on the 29th of February?:confused

Would your birth certificate say the 29th of February, or would you have a choice of the 28th of February or First of 1st March.

Aye Kevin but if you chose the 29th you only age a year out of every 4.;)

shazzap
28-Feb-10, 12:20

I would leave it as it was as it would be unusual.
Then celebrate my birthday on either the 28th Feb or the 1st march whichever took my fancy on a non leap year.

ShelleyCowie
28-Feb-10, 12:22
Oh i would have my bday on the 28th. :Razz A day earlier. Im sure there are people out there with that birthday. Im sure i know someone with that birthday but i struggle to remember peoples special days lol

Kevin Milkins
28-Feb-10, 12:30
Aye Kevin but if you chose the 29th you only age a year out of every 4.;)

Aye that would be useful, (particularly now I am advancing in years), but I wondered if there was a standard format for this scenario.
Would you have to put the 29th on your birth certificate, for example?

Cattach
28-Feb-10, 12:39

Birth cert says 29th.

annemarie482
28-Feb-10, 12:57
my friends brother was born on the 29th,
his birth certificate says 29th feb.
when it's not a leap year his birthday is celebrated on the 28th as it is still the last day of the month.

Invisible
28-Feb-10, 16:01
I was late so I would have been born on 29th, so id only be 5:D

Kodiak
28-Feb-10, 16:29
If you were born on the 29th February then you have no choice and the date on your Birth Certificate must be registered as the 29th February.

Kevin Milkins
28-Feb-10, 16:47
Well, that's cleared that little Sunday morning mystery up for me, thanks for the replies.:D