PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park 2006

caithness-chicky
15-May-06, 14:28
Just out of interest how many .orgers/locals are going to this years T in the Park?

I'll be there, can't wait! :lol:

Donnie
15-May-06, 17:32
I'll be there as always. Weekend Camping, nothing less!

obiron
15-May-06, 18:24
i wish.
never have money when the tickets go on sale.

moncur
16-May-06, 08:45
Im going! I just hope my mate has aired out the tent since last year!

dunderheed
16-May-06, 09:51
i don't really fancy these corporate festivals anymore, i think that the wickerman festival looks good and its cheap

here is the link to this years festival
http://www.thewickermanfestival.co.uk/index.htm

Donnie
16-May-06, 16:16
i don't really fancy these corporate festivals anymore, i think that the wickerman festival looks good and its cheap

here is the link to this years festival
http://www.thewickermanfestival.co.uk/index.htm

Get off your Soapbox. Goon.

dunderheed
16-May-06, 17:00
goon moi?

so maybe you can afford the astronomical ticket prices the fizzy lager festival offers . i cant not for me , the wife and two kids.
i was merely showing a cheaper alternative.

oh and which "goon" am i?

harry seacome ?
spike milligan??:lol:

Victor Vendetta
16-May-06, 19:03
The Wickerman festival looks good but why not try the Tartan Heart one at Belladrum, just outside Beauly.
August 11th and 12th £60 a head (children 12 and under go free) free camping and parking.
Embrace & Echo and Bunnymen along with loads of other acts and activities for the kids.
Just down the road and if you book online do so with the "Booth" not ticketmaster.
Ticketmaster charge £6 per ticket whereas the "Booth" charge £6.50 for your entire booking sent recorded delivery.
http://www.tartanheartfestival.co.uk

obiron
16-May-06, 19:40
goon moi?

so maybe you can afford the astronomical ticket prices the fizzy lager festival offers . i cant not for me , the wife and two kids.
i was merely showing a cheaper alternative.

oh and which "goon" am i?

harry seacome ?
spike milligan??:lol:

spike milligan definitely. hee hee[lol]

chimo
17-May-06, 16:19
Just out of interest how many .orgers/locals are going to this years T in the Park?

I'll be there, can't wait! :lol:

Be there for the Sunday for The Who, and the refreshments!

dunderheed
17-May-06, 16:50
chimo , if you're going just for the who hang fire , they are due to announce dates for their forthcoming european tour and new album release shortly.

The Pepsi Challenge
17-May-06, 19:13
Victor has sense. We should all go to Belladrum. I suppose any Scottish festival will inevitably be compared to the heavy weight ‘T’, so let’s address it. Beforehand some punters had remarked that T in the park has a lot more to offer, and that’s true. More neds, bams, cocobanjos, drunks, crushing and corporate backside kissing. Take it from me less is more. Every festival goer should be able to walk around freely, get close to the stage and be able to find a quiet spot to take it easy. Although Tartan Heart is small (er) it’s perfectly formed. Also take a moment to appreciate the price. £50 for the full weekend plus camping. The organisers should be very proud of themselves for putting on a well run festival. We look forward to Tartan Heart 2006.

ullevi
17-May-06, 20:15
I have lost count of the times I have said to people going to T in the Park who you going to see for them to reply "no one just going to get pissed " surely it is a festival so you go and watch bands but that does nt seem the way at T

champagnebaby
17-May-06, 23:06
Any one going to rockness (http://www.rockness.co.uk/) ????

I'm sooooo wanting to go but canna get tickets!!!:( Anyone know of any for sale??? Had a look on ebay but they're all total ripoff prices!:mad:

connieb19
17-May-06, 23:11
Any one going to rockness (http://www.rockness.co.uk/) ????

I'm sooooo wanting to go but canna get tickets!!!:( Anyone know of any for sale??? Had a look on ebay but they're all total ripoff prices!:mad:I saw a bit in the courier today about it, but can't remember what it said. Have a look it migt tell you something about getting tickets. I don't have it here or i'd have looked itup.

champagnebaby
17-May-06, 23:37
Ahhhh you're an absolute gem!!!! :lol:

Cheers very much!! I found e bit in e paper, now all i gotta do is hope the tickets are still available on friday when i get my wages.......on second thoughts i might see if mum'll let me stick it on her visa!!, lol[lol]

scrapydoo
18-May-06, 15:52
Naughty Ullevi swearing tut tut tut .

The Pepsi Challenge
18-May-06, 17:59
Another one of my colleagues' thoughts on T. I share it.

I'VE BEEN TO T IN THE Park almost every year since it started, but last year I swore it would be my last. Sitting in the dirt in a God-forsaken airfield in Fife, having my tasteless pint kicked over by passing drunken eejits while trying to force down an extortionate carton of watery noodles, I decided that this was not fun; this was, in fact, a thoroughly miserable experience and a complete waste of time. Although this epiphany struck last summer, I have had a gradual, creeping sense of unease over the years. As the festival has grown - and the queues for the toilets with it - the discomforts have begun to outweigh the benefits, and the atmosphere has changed so that now it feels like an event not for music lovers but for lagered-up, marauding gangs of numpties.

For a start, there's getting there. You are thoroughly discouraged from driving, yet there are colossal queues for the shuttle bus, which then gets caught in massive traffic jams, and dumps you miles from anywhere. And what about the music? There are always bands worth seeing, although the line-up is often depressingly conservative. But when you can't get within a mile of the stage for the crush of people, the sound quality is atrocious and bands only play half their set to a mostly disinterested crowd, why bother? Just wait until the bands you like tour, when you can see them among like-minded fans, in a proper venue, doing the thing they love most in the environment of their choosing.

And the weather. Most likely it rains, and the site turns into a mudbath to rival Glastonbury, but colder. If you're lucky it's sunny, in which case the whole area becomes a dustbowl, and you're blowing black snot out your nose for weeks. What else? The site in Balado is utterly soulless, the food is horrible and over-priced, and there is a ridiculous alcohol scam in place where you queue for overpriced tokens to exchange for beers, then you queue for the beers, then early evening the bar closes and you can't get money back on your useless tokens. Someone, somewhere, is making a lot of money out of us chumps.

I'm sure T in the Park is great if you're in a band, or one of their hangers-on backstage, but for us punters it has become an increasingly depressing experience.

melted_wellie
18-May-06, 18:57
Be there for the Sunday for The Who, and the refreshments!why go see them,or do you like supporting paedophiles??? im not going to the festival this year on that principal alone.

chimo
19-May-06, 10:36
why go see them,or do you like supporting paedophiles??? im not going to the festival this year on that principal alone.

You wont be missed.

tommy1979
19-May-06, 23:45
why go see them,or do you like supporting paedophiles??? im not going to the festival this year on that principal alone.

good, thats another ticket going to a real music lover then :roll:

willowbankbear
19-May-06, 23:50
I heard your not getting to any festival Tommy 1979 this year, Is this true?
San Miguel loyal[lol]

tommy1979
19-May-06, 23:53
haha that would be right

the Rock Ness Monster & T in the Park here I come :lol:

willowbankbear
20-May-06, 00:00
Fat boy slim says No TommYs this year[lol]

tommy1979
20-May-06, 00:04
Fat boy slim says No TommYs this year
http://sandalsandsocks.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/littlebrit.jpg

Computer says Yes.......COUGH :cool:

outsider
28-May-06, 15:43
Iv got a ticket but I dont think I really want to go anymore...Im total skint and think its going to be a hassle to travel there and buy stuff for it...:eek:

angela5
28-May-06, 16:01
Iv got a ticket but I dont think I really want to go anymore...Im total skint and think its going to be a hassle to travel there and buy stuff for it...:eek:

Sell your golden ticket then.:lol:

outsider
28-May-06, 16:17
Sell your golden ticket then.:lol:

Yeh as iv sed id rather go on BB...lol!!...

Plus ppl hav tried selling their golden ticket on ebay but it was removed...