PDA

View Full Version : Backer

Mopsy8385
27-Feb-10, 17:39
Anyone else receive thier letter from the town and county club today? They must think everyone has money lying around since they want it by the end of the month which is tomorrow

Blarney
27-Feb-10, 23:46
Don't know what's going on there. I have heard from colleagues that they want £25 membership fees from everyone before they are actually due but if the writing is on the wall for the club then it's a bit of a cheek to ask for this just to keep the place open for a few more weeks. They had a really good weekend's entertainment on a couple of weeks ago but there's been nothing since.

Mopsy8385
28-Feb-10, 10:19
Don't know what's going on there. I have heard from colleagues that they want £25 membership fees from everyone before they are actually due but if the writing is on the wall for the club then it's a bit of a cheek to ask for this just to keep the place open for a few more weeks. They had a really good weekend's entertainment on a couple of weeks ago but there's been nothing since.

I think the memberships are actually due in April but they want £25 from each member for this year only and they want it by the end of February. This will apparently help improve the cash flow position and ensure the club will remain open.

Macwull
28-Feb-10, 10:31
You have until the end of the normal fee paying time, obviously they would like it sooner rather than later but the end of febuary wasnt discussed at the egm.

sprint95m
28-Feb-10, 13:40
The response to their request for members to pay their fees two months early in February can't have been very good, given that they have had to write to members?
If that is indeed the case, then that is very disappointing in my opinion.

Mopsy8385
28-Feb-10, 14:41
You have until the end of the normal fee paying time, obviously they would like it sooner rather than later but the end of febuary wasnt discussed at the egm.

The letter clearly says that payments should be made by the end of February. If they are allowing till the end of fee paying time then they should have stated that on the letter.

cat
28-Feb-10, 16:31
i thought fees were going to be £15,thats what they were telling people last year when lots of people were joining or they would no longer get in.
surely if fees are paid two months early then this time next year they will be in an even worse financial mess as fees will then be stretched to cover 14 months??
obviously there is a large number of members that pay a fee and dont go,hence the "use it or lose it" campaign so im guessing that the people who did use to go werent members and didnt pay to become one?
i know i always went when i was out,but as a couple £50 was too much as we arent out often.i know this is the case with my friends too.
i would think that a £10-£15 membership would have given them much more members and more importantly,members that would actually be in there at weekends buying the drinks too!!

Mopsy8385
28-Feb-10, 18:19
They have put the fees up for this year only to help with thier struggling finances and they are also trying to keep other expenses to a minimum so they can keep the doors open. Some of the members i have spoken to have said where they can go and stick thier membership as they shouldn't have let the place get into this mess in the first place. Yeah i get that the new licensing laws will have affected the profits but they should have expected that, and planned things to encourage the members to use the Club more often and encourage people to join. Not leave it till the last minute to ask for extra money from current members.

Macwull
28-Feb-10, 22:15
I think the letter was worded that way to encourage people to pay sooner rahter than later but at the EGM it was stated by the president after being asked by a member that you had until the usual fee paying time.

Maybe you should join the committee mopsy8385 and try to revive the clubs fortunes.

Cat "i know i always went when i was out,but as a couple £50 was too much as we arent out often.i know this is the case with my friends too."

I agree there should be a couples membership instead of £50 this year £40. This was also mentioned at the egm but no one proposed it.

Fluff
28-Feb-10, 22:45
Excuse my ignorance, but what is this backer?

butterfly
28-Feb-10, 22:49
Excuse my ignorance, but what is this backer?

Back Bridge Street Club.

Fluff
28-Feb-10, 22:54
ah ok, thanks.

catran
28-Feb-10, 22:59

How on earth did the club get into such dire straights.? Thought they had a professional and paid book keeper, surely there were monthly accounts to be shown to the committee? Is their a new committee or what now?I reckon the fee being paid early will not help if they owe that amount of money, will just pay the staff for a week or two longer. Why did the committee fail to notice the huge monetary deficits at an earlier stage?Surely the members must be asking questions as to how the management allowed this to fall into suCH.. A MONETARY SHAMBLES

Stavro
01-Mar-10, 01:00
MONETARY SHAMBLES

Dire straights! Seems like they might need the help of a generous benefactor, to sort out their financial problems. :roll:

im behind you
01-Mar-10, 17:33
Anyone else receive thier letter from the town and county club today? They must think everyone has money lying around since they want it by the end of the month which is tomorrow
im sure you have plenty money lying about your house mopsy as your never out to spend it any way so you will be ok for paying it.

Stick
02-Mar-10, 12:07
I used to go every wknd nearly when joined las April, not many others went tho [lol]
Well the deadline has passed and i never rejoined, shocking really whats happening to the place, sum has said you can pay to get in now if your not a member... duno is that true??