PDA

View Full Version : wee Eck

Tom Cornwall
27-Feb-10, 17:29
I watched this weeks Scottish First Minister's questions today and he did what he always does...blamed everyone else for thing that were wrong...'It's not my fault, guv'...if he wants a referendum done why not do it at the same time as the forth-coming elections and save a lot of money and hastle...but I think, deep down, he knows what the answer will be...(and should be)

Ricanna
27-Feb-10, 20:48
There should be a third option in the ballot

Do you believe we have made a mistake by voting for a Scottish Parliament as we did not realise they would be a self indulgent waste of money rather than helping us out ?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Feb-10, 21:08
A Scottish Parliament was voted for Scottish People by the Scottish People.Alex Salmond has now the tighest bum cheeks in Scotland with all the clenching he's done.Time for change,vote Tory[lol][lol]

Cattach
28-Feb-10, 09:02
I watched this weeks Scottish First Minister's questions today and he did what he always does...blamed everyone else for thing that were wrong...'It's not my fault, guv'...if he wants a referendum done why not do it at the same time as the forth-coming elections and save a lot of money and hastle...but I think, deep down, he knows what the answer will be...(and should be)

Of course we know the answer. The majority of Scots will say ' we no longer want to be a colony of England, give us freedom'.

ducati
28-Feb-10, 09:36
A Scottish Parliament was voted for Scottish People by the Scottish People.Alex Salmond has now the tighest bum cheeks in Scotland with all the clenching he's done.Time for change,vote Tory[lol][lol]

I've been doing some research. It seems it is not possible to tell how many voters in Scotland are Scots. For all we know, of the 5.1 ish million "Scots" more than half of them could be English AAARRHHH!

Gronnuck
28-Feb-10, 10:10
Of course we know the answer. The majority of Scots will say ' we no longer want to be a colony of England, give us freedom'.

:lol: That'll happen when a squadron of pigs fly over Holyrood ;)

tonkatojo
28-Feb-10, 11:18
I've been doing some research. It seems it is not possible to tell how many voters in Scotland are Scots. For all we know, of the 5.1 ish million "Scots" more than half of them could be English AAARRHHH!

By the same token, I wonder how many of the 51 ish millions (yes 51 ish not 5.1 ish) people living in England are Scots a good 1/4 of them could be Scots AAARRHHH! :(

Tom Cornwall
28-Feb-10, 12:55

if Alex agreed with that, he'd have rushed a referedum out long ago...but I think it's a silly idea...where would Scotland get it's money..apart from taxing the one's who stay, to the hilt...they'd have to negotiate to join the EC...if they didn't, there'd be no free movement for Scots within Europe or even just down to Carlisle..

ducati
28-Feb-10, 13:55
By the same token, I wonder how many of the 51 ish millions (yes 51 ish not 5.1 ish) people living in England are Scots a good 1/4 of them could be Scots AAARRHHH! :(

Yep met most of 'em. I wonder who got the best deal? Maybe we should have a pole :lol:

tonkatojo
28-Feb-10, 15:31
Yep met most of 'em. I wonder who got the best deal? Maybe we should have a pole :lol:

What you going to do with a "pole" ??. :lol: ;)

Anfield
28-Feb-10, 19:54

One too many:
Gordon Brown

bekisman
28-Feb-10, 20:04

Don't know the 2010 figures but:
'According to the most recent 2001 Census statistics, eight out of every 100 people in Scotland were born in England, a total of 409,010. Of those in the research sample, the average person moved here at the age of 28 and had been in Scotland for 18 years'

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20040229/ai_n12587547/

Yoda the flump
28-Feb-10, 20:07
One too many:
Gordon Brown

He makes a better PM than Cameron ever could

Anfield
28-Feb-10, 20:33

Quite agree, have never voted tory.

I must admit every time I see Ann Goldie interviewed that it make me laugh
"Leader of Scottish Tories"
Do they hold their party conferences in a phone booth?

ducati
28-Feb-10, 20:49
What you going to do with a "pole" ??. :lol: ;)

Stick a Windmill on top-will you pay attention? [lol]

ducati
28-Feb-10, 20:53
Don't know the 2010 figures but:
'According to the most recent 2001 Census statistics, eight out of every 100 people in Scotland were born in England, a total of 409,010. Of those in the research sample, the average person moved here at the age of 28 and had been in Scotland for 18 years'

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20040229/ai_n12587547/

Good info. I was looking on the Gov Pop. Statistics sites. The voters rolls and Registras don't have that info.

Yoda the flump
28-Feb-10, 21:54
One too many:
Gordon Brown

Quite agree, have never voted tory.

I must admit every time I see Ann Goldie interviewed that it make me laugh
"Leader of Scottish Tories"
Do they hold their party conferences in a phone booth?

Bound to be some joined up thinking there.