PDA

View Full Version : spring cleaning!

Dadie
27-Feb-10, 16:38
Thought I would clearout the piles of paperwork and empty the dresser of useless stuff and muck out the toys in the livingroom.....
wish I never started....
But it will be good when its done!

Wish I had thrown a lot of stuff out sooner (why did I hoard old catalogs?)
The shredder has been busy.

Anyone else having a good clearout!

annemarie482
27-Feb-10, 16:56
not so much a gut out but a re-arrange! i always seem to re-arrange the living room this time of year.........................lol

kriklah
27-Feb-10, 17:19
i am having a really really ruthless gut out, and have been to the recycling yard 3 times this week!!! surplus/old and battered furniture, toys that have been kept awaiting repair for ages, games with missing bits, and general junk that has been kept because "it might come in useful oneday"!! if its been in the attic for over 6 months unused then it aint gonna be useful!! ive got the kids rooms just about in order now, still to go through the girls clothes as theyve got far too many for their drawers!

and tonight im starting shampooing carpets!

dragonfly
27-Feb-10, 17:21
me too, hence all the For Sale posts today :Razz

ShelleyCowie
27-Feb-10, 18:14
i went through alot of paper work today aswell. Dont get much cleaning done though with athrun here so i usually have to wait til the OH isnt working to get cleaning done.

If i were to totally gut out my house i would need a skip! My OH is a hoarder (sp) and i aint. lol

chaz
27-Feb-10, 18:37
Im doing it next week when everyone is out, then they wont be saying but i need that :lol: Which my lot are excellent at!!

Bazeye
27-Feb-10, 18:39
and general junk that has been kept because "it might come in useful oneday"!! if its been in the attic for over 6 months unused then it aint gonna be useful!!

Until next week.

Anji
27-Feb-10, 19:24
I've just thrown out a load of stuff that I've carted with me on my last three house moves and never used.

Dadie
28-Feb-10, 22:06
Toys have been put in and taken out the bin as fast as they were put in:lol:
Having to do the kids stuff after bedtime...
But have removed all the "artwork" from the walls and radiators that I hadnt noticed till now!

Kathy@watten
28-Feb-10, 22:19
It's not yet Spring...not till the larks are up! No point gutting the house till after calving, lambing and foaling time...then i will be too busy withe shows to worry too much. Before we know it will be Autumn and harvest time so bit busy, then the pre Christmas blitz where I blow a fuse, freak at everyone, semi divorce, and gut the house! I am not a hoarder thankfully and contain kid stuff to their rooms, we have the problem with boots, coats and outdoorsy stuff...I am sure it breeds in my utility room/mess!

Julia
28-Feb-10, 22:32
I love a good spring clean! I have tons of stuff to get down to the charity shops if only I could get my backside in gear.

ShelleyCowie
01-Mar-10, 10:15
Julia you can come and clean my house. :( Got so much clearing out to do just to make some more space. As the kids grow the house seems to get smaller. Think im gonna have a mega clear out when the weather gets a bit better and just throw what i can away.

Anyone else fancy doin it for me? lol

scottygirl
01-Mar-10, 19:37
Crickey, it's an ongoing battle in my house! OH always at me to sort things out and clear out then when I do I get really ruthless and he ends up saying things like "you're not throwing that out, it could be handy" and putting it back!!!
Can't win. Or I wait for him to go away for a few days and get busy!!!
lol

ShelleyCowie
02-Mar-10, 11:33
Crickey, it's an ongoing battle in my house! OH always at me to sort things out and clear out then when I do I get really ruthless and he ends up saying things like "you're not throwing that out, it could be handy" and putting it back!!!
Can't win. Or I wait for him to go away for a few days and get busy!!!
lol

Sounds like my OH. He is a major hoarder and it bugs me! When i moved in with him i gutted out this house and it took 75 black bags to get rid of most the useless things he kept! :eek:

Iv started my latest cleaning, sorted through my OH's eldest 2 sons bedroom, looking at it i thought an hour to get it sorted and back in order.....3 hours later!! grr! Then re-organised the bathroom and binned alot of stuff that just sits there.

I am cleaning my livingroom today quietly as the OH is in bed after his night shift. Binning what i can whilst he aint here! [lol]