PDA

View Full Version : asda

dunderheed
15-May-06, 08:49
asda are having some sort of open day type thing today. anyone from thurso going?
i would but unfortunately i'm incapacitated at the moment.
i am however interseted in finding out what's in their plans for the proposed store in thurso.

souperman
15-May-06, 13:20
Just back from the Asda presentation, everything I suppose you would expect but a bit vague on the community facilities and sports area that is proposed, it will be "whatever the local community want" was what the chap said, "if agreed by the local councillors". He expected 18 months for planning permission followed by another 6 months for constuction. Also neither denied or admitted was the possibility of further retail development for the remainder of the fields up as far as BT centre.

Geo
15-May-06, 14:01
Two years! I thought they were on a similar timescale to Tesco. :(

Victor Vendetta
15-May-06, 23:33
Asda have probably anticipated that there will be opposition towards their application in a way that there was not with regards to Tesco in Wick.
I presume some of the residents of Pennyland who will lose all or part of their view will ensure the planning process will be strung out longer than normal.
I sympathise but I am sure they will obtain some concessions as inevitably as Asda will be built.
Its good for Thurso and good for the county.
It will be interesting to see who will be spearheading the Pennyland residents campaign.
Just remember if you ever see them in Asda once its been built to ask them if they are looking to buy a view!!

Ricco
16-May-06, 07:15
I have been noting, with interest, the discussion about the development of this land. I, for one, am sorry to see its use change but sometimes these thinmgs are inevitable, especially if the fields are not getting used for any other purpose.
My wife and I shop at the Asda near us and the Tescos a bit further away. Must say that the Asda is miles cheaper! A similar shop at either will find Adsa coming out around £10 - 20 cheaper... can't argue with that.:D

Baconbuttie
19-May-06, 22:51
Paid 95.9p for Petrol at ASDA Elgin last saturday, the sooner they get here the better